+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Long year ahead of us Giants fans?

So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again.

Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.

Re: Long year ahead of us Giants fans.

We will still make the playoffs... doesn't have to be a pretty journey but we will still make the playoffs.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again. Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.[/quote]

we dont know that the LB group will be much worse without Goff. Not dissing Goff at allbut we have unknowns there at LBthat could pan out very well..

The CBs.....thats another scary area of lack of depth....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again.

Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.[/quote]

Just think what happens when either Mario or Nicks gets hurt...anyone have Chris Calloways number handy?

at MSU Greg Jones was considered the hardest working, smartest player
    who knows how to make plays:
    http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....jones_wil.html

He took great advantage of a lineman mistake here and got a great block -

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...3-e90d0e25d1ab

A
    guy who makes plays and has a reputation for not making mistakes?
    Pretty good. Knock was his speed but a great player can be a lot of
    smart play.

I hope he turns out to be great.....we need him to.

btw I reposted this

I'm sure you guys realize that when we have a guy get hurt, they don't make us play with 10. they actually allow us to replace injured players.

Just making sure you all knew that.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I"m sure you realize Gogo Yubari got old...

http://www.zimbio.com/Chiaki+Kuriyama

[quote user="GiantsBlue4Ever"]I"m sure you realize Gogo Yubari got old...

http://www.zimbio.com/Chiaki+Kuriyama
    [/quote]

NEVER!!!!!

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again. Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.[/quote]

i wouldnt look at this as a glass half empty kinda deal!

i feel as bad as anyone else bout our injuries, but it cant stop there!

do not be surprised if the Giants play much better than you expect right now!

hang witus!

[quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again.

Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.[/quote]

agreed if i were u I wouldnt waste my time watching them this year...see ya next season