+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Pre-NFC Championship Mock w/Free Agents

Free Agent Pick ups:

Demetrius Bell OT- Buffalo Bills

and/or

Ben Grubbs OG- Baltimore Ravens

Both of these guys are perfect fits... Bell and Grubbs are big maulers with great run blocking ability along with really good pass blocking skill. The Bills and Ravens have a ton of work to do in free agency and I think Bell will slip through the cracks. I would also love to see Urlacher signed, but I don't think that we have enough cap room.

Round 1(32nd Pick- Oh yeah, I said it!)-

Dwayne Allen TE- Clemson: Just put on the film... This guy will be the next Antonio Gates! Eli gets a legitimate threat at the TE position. He also improves our anemic, at times, running game because he is big enough and physical enough to be a really good in line blocker.

alternate pick: Zack Brown OLB- UNC

Round 2:

Dont'a Hightower LB- Alabama: It's going to take a move up to get him!

Big, fast, smart, great leader, great instincts, comes from a great program and dominated the NFL minor leagues(AKA the SEC). He's immediately better than any other ILBs on our roster. With a full off-season Hightower would become our starter day 1 and for the next 10 years. I love this kid as a NY Football Giant...

alternate pick: Coby Fleener TE- Stanford

Round 3:

Ryan Broyles WR- Oklahoma: Only if the knee is OK... This was an almost lock first round pick before he injured his knee earlier this season. If and that's a big IF the knee is good to go, he's a steal here and would easily replace Manningham.

Round 4(a):

Traded to get Hightower.

Round 4(b-comp.):

Mike Martin DT- Michigan: Try hard guy that was highly productive even when the Michigan D didn't get off the bus the past few years.

Round 5:

Cliff Harris CB- Oregon: First round talent + major off the field problems = 5th to 6th round pick. He's worth taking a shot at here.

Round 6:

Kirk Cousins QB- Michigan St: Make an investment... He could be a starter at the NFL level and having an extra QB to move for extra picks is always nice.

Round 7:
    Traded to Minnesota Vikings as part of the Sage Rosenfels deal.

Re: Pre-NFC Championship Mock w/Free Agents

A little light on the defense for my tastes. I also think Donte is a 1st round talent, esp to a 3-4 team.

I think we have holes on both sides of the ball as we have some FA and aging players, but you have to also consider that we struggled far more on defense this year than we did on offense.

I also think we have to find another Rb somewhere this offseason. Our group is beaten up and aging( No disrespect, I think AB and BJ have earned true Giants family member status).

Veteran

Cut/Let Walk
    - MacKenzie, Diehl, Manningham, Jacobs, Ross, and Grant

Re-sign
    - TT, Goff, Blackburn, Weatherford, Carr

FA
    - Carl Nicks, Demetrius Bell, Curtis Lofton

Rd 1- Dwayne Allen TE, Clemson - read my whole thread about him and TE's in today's NFL

Rd 2- David Wilson RB, VT - great speed, balance, and break tackle ability. Jacobs is gone and Bradshaw is playing with something broken every game.

Rd 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon - ballhawk and has good return skills

[quote user="Spizi"]

NFL

Rd 2- David Wilson RB, VT - great speed, balance, and break tackle ability. Jacobs is gone and Bradshaw is playing with something broken every game.[/quote]

1 of my favorite players in the draft. He runs like LaMichael James but has prototype size.

I also think there is a real posibility of him being one of those guys everyone talks about after the combine because of his workouts. He is lightning in a bottle every time he touches the ball.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Spizi"]

NFL

Rd 2- David Wilson RB, VT - great speed, balance, and break tackle ability. Jacobs is gone and Bradshaw is playing with something broken every game.[/quote]

1 of my favorite players in the draft. He runs like LaMichael James but has prototype size.

I also think there is a real posibility of him being one of those guys everyone talks about after the combine because of his workouts.* He is lightning in a bottle every time he touches the ball.
    [/quote]

unfortunately I don't see him falling to the 64th pick

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Spizi"]

NFL

I also think there is a real posibility of him being one of those guys everyone talks about after the combine because of his workouts. He is lightning in a bottle every time he touches the ball.
    [/quote]

unfortunately I don't see him falling to the 64th pick[/quote]

Well the draft advisary board did give him a 2nd round rating. But, your right where we will be picking will be almost 3rd round.

but, this rb class is very strong, you never know. There are other guys to like as well, I just like Wilson more than most analysts. .

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Spizi"]

NFL

I also think there is a real posibility of him being one of those guys everyone talks about after the combine because of his workouts.* He is lightning in a bottle every time he touches the ball.
    [/quote]

unfortunately I don't see him falling to the 64th pick[/quote]

Well the draft advisary board did give him a 2nd round rating. But, your right where we will be picking will be almost 3rd round.

but, this rb class is very strong, you never know. There are other guys to like as well, I just like Wilson more than most analysts. .
    [/quote]

Well scouts inc actually has Wilson as the 22nd ranked prospect in the draft.

[quote user="Spizi"]Cut/Let Walk

Re-sign

FA

Rd 1- Dwayne Allen TE, Clemson - read my whole thread about him and TE's in today's NFL

Rd 2- David Wilson RB, VT - great speed, balance, and break tackle ability. Jacobs is gone and Bradshaw is playing with something broken every game.

Rd 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon - ballhawk and has good return skills[/quote] why would you want to let manningham walk? We don't exactly have a legit 3rd WR threat....
    Jacobs considering he takes a pay cut needs to come back, our RB of the future needs to be drafted & meanwhile replace Danny ware....I'd much rather a dress that In the 3rd (Doug Martin) & go defense 1st & 2nd.....
    & Ross, we saw how important CB depth is, I don't see us letting him go, unless of course he gets better $$ elsewhere

FA-Oline,safety depth,TE

Draft-LB,DT,interior Oline,WR depth

Veteran

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Spizi"]Cut/Let Walk

Re-sign

FA

Rd 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon - ballhawk and has good return skills[/quote] why would you want to let manningham walk? We don't exactly have a legit 3rd WR threat....
    Jacobs considering he takes a pay cut needs to come back, our RB of the future needs to be drafted & meanwhile replace Danny ware....I'd much rather a dress that In the 3rd (Doug Martin) & go defense 1st & 2nd.....
    & Ross, we saw how important CB depth is, I don't see us letting him go, unless of course he gets better $$ elsewhere

FA-Oline,safety depth,TE

Draft-LB,DT,interior Oline,WR depth[/quote]

I would love to keep manningham but idt we can afford him.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Spizi"]Cut/Let Walk

Re-sign

FA

FA-Oline,safety depth,TE

Draft-LB,DT,interior Oline,WR depth[/quote]

I would love to keep manningham but idt we can afford him.[/quote] I'm with you.. U can't afford to pay mario num 1 WR doe when hes your teams num 3 wr.. Thats why we drafted Jerrell Jerrnigan and we still have Barden and we can use a pick in the draft or pick up a cheaper option in FA'cy but i just don't see mario coming back.. I think Jerrnigan will be ready next yr to help out