+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Bench Player

Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Also, you can read up on other experiences over at this forum. Ours was not unique.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/fe...rience-221840/

Just be safe - it's not good-natured sports smack that goes on there. It's dangerous and not a place for kids.

Sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing. I had read a couple of comments on SF boards that were encouraging giving Giants fans in attendance a hard time, but just took that as meaning some innocent heckling. This behavior is on a whole other plane. Ironic since Cali/SF is supposed to be the poster child for tolerance.

[quote user="NOLAfan"]Also, you can read up on other experiences over at this forum. Ours was not unique.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/fe...rience-221840/

Just be safe - it's not good-natured sports smack that goes on there. It's dangerous and not a place for kids.
    [/quote]

I for one am appalled at the 9ers treatment of your mother and girlfriend. I am sorry that you had to deal with that. If you came to Giant stadium, you would be treated well. The Giants are a classier team. From the posts here from the 9ers fans, it supports what you are saying. They act like children.

Sorry to hear what you went through and thanks for the heads up.

To bad, New Orlean fans are passionate about their team but really cool and nice fans for the most part. BTW I lived in NO for 2 years "where ya at:"

I bet the thugs present weren't around when the stunk. Shoudn't they be Raider fans?

All-Pro

[quote user="NOLAfan"]Hello all,
    I'm not sure if this is the section to be posting this, so mods, feel free to move/delete this thread if it's in the wrong spot.

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up about what to expect at Candlestick should you arrive wearing your NYG gear. First off, I fully expected to be shouted at, smack-talked to, harassed, and even pelted with a peanut or two. It's a playoff game and I was in hostile territory representing the opposing team; I get it.

However, there was hate behind the fans' actions. They wanted to fight. There was no line they wouldn't cross. There is a huge presence of gangster thugs. I spoke to several women who were groped and fondled while standing in line for refreshments. Here is a brief grocery list of things that my group of 5 experienced:

-Stepping off the bus, we were surrounded by 7-10 SF fans who got within 1'' of our faces, yelling like they were drill sergeants. Saying things like "Suck my ****" to my 57 year old mother as well as my girlfriend.
    -Slapped on the side of the head from behind prior to entering the stadium. An usher saw this and laughed, saying we might want to leave before we get stabbed
    -My mother had a beer poured on her head from behind while in our seats.
    -I was shoved INTO a urinal from behind while relieving myself at halftime
    -Girlfriend was groped several times while in line for refreshments
    -Thug took out his genitals and waved them at my mother after the game.
    -Asked 2 cops for any help they could provide getting us to our bus, as were were threatened by a group of fans saying they were going to jump us - they told us that we were on our own and recommended running.

There was minimal usher/security presence within the seating area of the stadium, so do not expect to have any security watching your area. Ushers that we did see were mostly female, who wouldn't be able to stop any physical altercation should it have ensued.

I would STRONGLY advise against walking into the tailgating area. This is where it was the most hostile. I was shoved and slapped several times here. Retaliating was out of the question (I am 6' 2'', 215 lbs), as there were huge groups looking for fights.

Good luck, keep your heads down, and if you are there with your girl or mother, STAY NEXT TO THEM AT ALL TIMES. Do not let them go to the bathroom or concession stands alone. These classless thugs are just that - classless.

Good luck, and GO NYG!

SF's finest:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/photomcc.jpg/

[/quote]</P>

and we should believe you why????
    </P>

</P>
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

This sound suspiciously like a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans from going to the game.

All-Pro

LOL

San Fran.hahahahaha

Bryan Stow ring a bell ???

can't say I'm shocked though.

What comes around goes around though.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Bench Player

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="NOLAfan"]Hello all,
    I'm not sure if this is the section to be posting this, so mods, feel free to move/delete this thread if it's in the wrong spot.

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up about what to expect at Candlestick should you arrive wearing your NYG gear. First off, I fully expected to be shouted at, smack-talked to, harassed, and even pelted with a peanut or two. It's a playoff game and I was in hostile territory representing the opposing team; I get it.

However, there was hate behind the fans' actions. They wanted to fight. There was no line they wouldn't cross. There is a huge presence of gangster thugs. I spoke to several women who were groped and fondled while standing in line for refreshments. Here is a brief grocery list of things that my group of 5 experienced:

-Stepping off the bus, we were surrounded by 7-10 SF fans who got within 1'' of our faces, yelling like they were drill sergeants. Saying things like "Suck my ****" to my 57 year old mother as well as my girlfriend.
    -Slapped on the side of the head from behind prior to entering the stadium. An usher saw this and laughed, saying we might want to leave before we get stabbed
    -My mother had a beer poured on her head from behind while in our seats.
    -I was shoved INTO a urinal from behind while relieving myself at halftime
    -Girlfriend was groped several times while in line for refreshments
    -Thug took out his genitals and waved them at my mother after the game.
    -Asked 2 cops for any help they could provide getting us to our bus, as were were threatened by a group of fans saying they were going to jump us - they told us that we were on our own and recommended running.

There was minimal usher/security presence within the seating area of the stadium, so do not expect to have any security watching your area. Ushers that we did see were mostly female, who wouldn't be able to stop any physical altercation should it have ensued.

I would STRONGLY advise against walking into the tailgating area. This is where it was the most hostile. I was shoved and slapped several times here. Retaliating was out of the question (I am 6' 2'', 215 lbs), as there were huge groups looking for fights.

Good luck, keep your heads down, and if you are there with your girl or mother, STAY NEXT TO THEM AT ALL TIMES. Do not let them go to the bathroom or concession stands alone. These classless thugs are just that - classless.

Good luck, and GO NYG!

SF's finest:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/photomcc.jpg/

[/quote]</p>

and we should believe you why????
    </p>

</p>[/quote]

I suppose you don't have to believe me. Honestly, I have a lot better things to do (like earning money to replenish the coffers after that expensive weekend, haha), however this is something that I feel people should be aware of because it concerns safety.

I would hate to see harm come to anyone because they weren't aware of just how bad it is. If I can give someone the heads up, and if it can maybe have an effect that prevents harm coming to them, then it's worth it.

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences - It's good to know that this behavior is looked down upon on the whole. It was my first game away from the dome, so it was a little shocking to say the least.

I am now an anti 49er fan - for more than just sports reasons. It's personal now!!

GO NYG!!!

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]This sound suspiciously like a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans from going to the game.[/quote]

I doubt this would happen.. Think about what has happen in past football.. They have security everywhere and to say that a cop tells u to run if u ask for help is soo BS. I went to eagles, dallas in their home this year and i never felt threaten... The guy a total fraud and a horrible liar..

I call this post BS.
    Been to many away games and your going to get heckle maybe stuff thrown at but you would never be denied help if you feel threaten. They text number for alll stadium if u need security.. This guys never been to a real footballl

+ Reply to Thread