+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]I just took a giant crap... and it kinda looks like and smells like an exact replica of Candlestick park. 49ers fans are obnoxious. I want to go to this game now just so I can kick some disrespectful California ***** ***.[/quote]
    For now on when conducting # 2, it shall be referred to as "taking a Candlestick."

Veteran

[quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[quote user="Black59Razor"]All I have to say is that even though the OP apparently had a terrible time at Candlestick, it doesn't mean the entire fanbase are jerks. There are thugs there, just like there are in Oakland...but there are thugs everywhere in every NFL Stadium. Anyone who thinks this doesn't happen in New Orleans at the Superdome is just ignorant. Two 49ers fans got shot after the game by a Saints fan in Georgia. That doesn't mean I believe all Saints fans are devils. This one incident shouldn't detract yourselves from going to Candlestick. The original poster should file a complaint if the experience was that bad. On the other hand, it's a playoff game. Not surprising you might have some unsettling incidents if you are a Saints fan.

Oh and I think most of you folks shouldn't just take the OP's word and a picture of a 49ers fan giving the middle finger as definitive proof for this story. Don't like calling anyone a liar, but at the same time let's not all be gullible here. How do we know this isn't just some upset Saints fan?
    [/quote]</P>

Check out the Saints forum comments.</P>

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/fe...rience-221840/</P>

Either that's an elaborate hoax, or at least 20 other people described getting the same treatment.</P>

Seems like your fanbase has a high percentage of scumbags. I realize every team has them.....but seems like your ORGANIZATIONtolerates gang bangerswandering around the stadium intimidating people and molesting women.</P>

Your fanbase is getting a serious black eye over this.</P>

[/quote]

It's a Saints forum. And the Saints just lost. What would you expect? There are going to be folks that either lie or exaggerate stories. I'm just saying that we weren't there and we don't know how truthful these claims are. Could be true, could also be false. Maybe if we had a video or something. Everyone is just taking people's word for what it is. Do you always believe whatever you read on the internet as truth?
    [/quote]</P>

One story...sure, maybe an isolated event.</P>

But look at how many people repeated borderline criminal harrassment.</P>

Funny thing is, I always thought the 49ers were a class act.....but apparently, I was wrong.</P>

[/quote]

So what if a bunch of people reported this or that? Is there a video? Are there other people corroborating a single story? Or is just a bunch of separate claims?

What you are using is a method called "Argumentum ad populum" which is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or most people believe it; which alleges: "If many believe so, it is so."

Just because a bunch of people said something or claims something is the truth, doesn't mean it is the truth. 100 years go people thought folks in Salem were witches and claimed this or that. The facts are that none of us were there and just taking someone or even a group of people's words for a specific event doesn't necessarily mean it's true and or/as bad as it has claimed to be. None of us were there, that's the bottom line. And going to a Saints board where the team just lost a playoff game...you think fans aren't going to exaggerate some things? Again, do you believe everything you believe on the internet that you read? Even if it's from a group of people?

A lot of people think the world is going to end next December. You buying it?
    [/quote]</P>

No, that's not the method I'm using.</P>

A Saints fan started a post indicating his family was the target of nonstop harassment by many 49er fans. At first, I was skeptical myself (read back to my first comment). But, after checking out the forum link he posted, many Saints fans had similar stories. Then, a quick internet search revealed more stories along the same lines.</P>

Is it conclusive proof? No. But I'm not looking for Bigfoot. I'll take the word of dozens of Saints fans that Candlestick has a serious fan problem.</P>

The fact that you are sticking your head in the sand over it is probably one reason the situation is now apparently out of hand.</P>

[/quote]

That's the thing though. You're just taking their word because you heard a few stories instead of actually have solid evidence to prove something. What about all the stories of Saints fans that didn't have problems?

My point is that every NFL stadium is filled with "stories" like these. I'm sure there have been a lot of similar things 49ers fans would say about Giants fans and how they were treated when the 49ers went there during some of the home games for the Giants. Doesn't mean if I would believe all fans of the Giants are jerks. A few incidents, whether they are true or not, aren't indicative of an entire fanbase.

And make using common sense about the situation has nothing to do with the alleged tales that we've been hearing. So I don't know where you were trying to go with that. I'm not sticking up for the entire fanbase, but I am saying the majority of the fans are okay people...just like you'll find with any other NFL team.
    [/quote]</P>

Why would so many people be making this up? </P>

http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/2...t-hooliganism/</P>

I don't think a single Giant fan had an issue up in Lambeau, and the Giants won.</P>

As for the Giants....I'm sure any visiting fan that came in looking for trouble had no problem finding it. But no self-respecting Giants fan would hurl insults at women, or children.</P>

Seriously, can't believe you are blowing this off.....but it explains why **** is out of control over there.</P>

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[quote user="Black59Razor"]All I have to say is that even though the OP apparently had a terrible time at Candlestick, it doesn't mean the entire fanbase are jerks. There are thugs there, just like there are in Oakland...but there are thugs everywhere in every NFL Stadium. Anyone who thinks this doesn't happen in New Orleans at the Superdome is just ignorant. Two 49ers fans got shot after the game by a Saints fan in Georgia. That doesn't mean I believe all Saints fans are devils. This one incident shouldn't detract yourselves from going to Candlestick. The original poster should file a complaint if the experience was that bad. On the other hand, it's a playoff game. Not surprising you might have some unsettling incidents if you are a Saints fan.

Oh and I think most of you folks shouldn't just take the OP's word and a picture of a 49ers fan giving the middle finger as definitive proof for this story. Don't like calling anyone a liar, but at the same time let's not all be gullible here. How do we know this isn't just some upset Saints fan?
    [/quote]</P>

Either that's an elaborate hoax, or at least 20 other people described getting the same treatment.</P>

Seems like your fanbase has a high percentage of scumbags.* I realize every team has them.....but seems like your ORGANIZATION*tolerates gang bangers*wandering around the stadium intimidating people and molesting women.</P>

[/quote]

It's a Saints forum. And the Saints just lost. What would you expect? There are going to be folks that either lie or exaggerate stories. I'm just saying that we weren't there and we don't know how truthful these claims are. Could be true, could also be false. Maybe if we had a video or something. Everyone is just taking people's word for what it is. Do you always believe whatever you read on the internet as truth?
    [/quote]</P>

Funny thing is, I always thought the 49ers were a class act.....but apparently, I was wrong.</P>

[/quote]

So what if a bunch of people reported this or that? Is there a video? Are there other people corroborating a single story? Or is just a bunch of separate claims?

What you are using is a method called "Argumentum ad populum" which is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or most people believe it; which alleges: "If many believe so, it is so."

Just because a bunch of people said something or claims something is the truth, doesn't mean it is the truth. 100 years go people thought folks in Salem were witches and claimed this or that. The facts are that none of us were there and just taking someone or even a group of people's words for a specific event doesn't necessarily mean it's true and or/as bad as it has claimed to be. None of us were there, that's the bottom line. And going to a Saints board where the team just lost a playoff game...you think fans aren't going to exaggerate some things? Again, do you believe everything you believe on the internet that you read? Even if it's from a group of people?

[/quote]</P>

A Saints fan started a post indicating his family was the target of nonstop harassment by many 49er fans.* At first, I was skeptical myself (read back to my first comment).* But, after checking out the forum link he posted, many Saints fans had similar stories.* Then, a quick internet search revealed more stories along the same lines.</P>

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01...y-fan-element/</P>

Is it conclusive proof?* No.* But I'm not looking for Bigfoot.** I'll take the word of dozens of Saints fans that Candlestick has a serious problem.</P>

The fact that fans such as yourself*are sticking your head in the sand over it is probably one reason the situation is now apparently out of hand.*</P>[/quote]
    Mr. BlackRazor, nobody is saying that you are a perp yourself or that you condone it or that you've even witnessed it, but something is wrong when you've got twelve people on their boards saying the same thing and articles being written about the problem.

Every team has it's idiot fans, but those fans need to be dealt with and should be pointed out to the proper stadium authorities. It's sounds as if your stadium security / authority are part of the problem.

Honestly, I never had a bad feeling about the 49ers and was willing to support you guys if you beat us because your team's a good story and I like your coach. Now I seriously hope that we kick your teams lousy *** in your lousy stadium in front of your lousy fans.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]I just took a giant crap... and it kinda looks like and smells like an exact replica of Candlestick park. 49ers fans are obnoxious. I want to go to this game now just so I can kick some disrespectful California ***** ***.[/quote]
    For now on when conducting # 2, it shall be referred to as "taking a Candlestick."[/quote]
    LMFAO.
    +1

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]</p>

Check out the Saints forum comments.</p>

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/fe...rience-221840/</p>

Either that's an elaborate hoax, or at least 20 other people described getting the same treatment.</p>

Seems like your fanbase has a high percentage of scumbags. I realize every team has them.....but seems like your ORGANIZATIONtolerates gang bangerswandering around the stadium intimidating people and molesting women.</p>

Your fanbase is getting a serious black eye over this.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

One story...sure, maybe an isolated event.</p>

But look at how many people repeated borderline criminal harrassment.</p>

Funny thing is, I always thought the 49ers were a class act.....but apparently, I was wrong.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

No, that's not the method I'm using.</p>

A Saints fan started a post indicating his family was the target of nonstop harassment by many 49er fans. At first, I was skeptical myself (read back to my first comment). But, after checking out the forum link he posted, many Saints fans had similar stories. Then, a quick internet search revealed more stories along the same lines.</p>

Is it conclusive proof? No. But I'm not looking for Bigfoot. I'll take the word of dozens of Saints fans that Candlestick has a serious fan problem.</p>

The fact that you are sticking your head in the sand over it is probably one reason the situation is now apparently out of hand.</p>

[/quote]

That's the thing though. You're just taking their word because you heard a few stories instead of actually have solid evidence to prove something. What about all the stories of Saints fans that didn't have problems?

My point is that every NFL stadium is filled with "stories" like these. I'm sure there have been a lot of similar things 49ers fans would say about Giants fans and how they were treated when the 49ers went there during some of the home games for the Giants. Doesn't mean if I would believe all fans of the Giants are jerks. A few incidents, whether they are true or not, aren't indicative of an entire fanbase.

And make using common sense about the situation has nothing to do with the alleged tales that we've been hearing. So I don't know where you were trying to go with that. I'm not sticking up for the entire fanbase, but I am saying the majority of the fans are okay people...just like you'll find with any other NFL team.
    [/quote]</p>

Why would so many people be making this up? </p>

I don't think a single Giant fan had an issue up in Lambeau, and the Giants won.</p>

As for the Giants....I'm sure any visiting fan that came in looking for trouble had no problem finding it. But no self-respecting Giants fan would hurl insults at women, or children.</p>

Seriously, can't believe you are blowing this off.....but it explains why **** is out of control over there.</p>[/quote]

If I was blowing it off why would I keep discussing the issue with you? LOL right, me talking about the issue explains the alleged stories that have happened at Candlestick Park. Yes it was me, I had everything to do with it. Sure.

Why would so many people make things up? Are you really asking that question while you are browsing the internet?

What Packers are going to act rowdy when their team loses and looked bad for the majority of the game. Remember what Tony Dungy said a few years ago about the tradition of mooning the other team when they lost and left the facility?

What you said about no self-respecting Giants fan would do this or that...I could say the same thing about any 49ers fan. Anyone that brings a thug mantra is probably wearing a new NFL jersey and doesn't follow the team that closely. Wouldn't exactly call those kind of people fans.

I've already stated twice that the majority of 49ers fans are fine people. The fans that have watched the games, follow the team and not just when it's convenient, been around for a while, and aren't thugs. Those are fans. And those are the majority of people that fill Candlestick Park. I've heard stories of people having problems at the Super dome when attending as 49ers fans. Doesn't mean I believe the majority of Saints fans are terrible people. Heck, some 49ers fans just got shot by a Saints fan two days ago.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]</P>

Seems like your fanbase has a high percentage of scumbags.* I realize every team has them.....but seems like your ORGANIZATION*tolerates gang bangers*wandering around the stadium intimidating people and molesting women.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

A Saints fan started a post indicating his family was the target of nonstop harassment by many 49er fans.* At first, I was skeptical myself (read back to my first comment).* But, after checking out the forum link he posted, many Saints fans had similar stories.* Then, a quick internet search revealed more stories along the same lines.</P>

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01...y-fan-element/</P>

Is it conclusive proof?* No.* But I'm not looking for Bigfoot.** I'll take the word of dozens of Saints fans that Candlestick has a serious problem.</P>

The fact that fans such as yourself*are sticking your head in the sand over it is probably one reason the situation is now apparently out of hand.*</P>[/quote]
    Mr. BlackRazor, nobody is saying that you are a perp yourself or that you condone it or that you've even witnessed it, but something is wrong when you've got twelve people on their boards saying the same thing and articles being written about the problem.

Every team has it's idiot fans, but those fans need to be dealt with and should be pointed out to the proper stadium authorities. It's sounds as if your stadium security / authority are part of the problem.

Honestly, I never had a bad feeling about the 49ers and was willing to support you guys if you beat us because your team's a good story and I like your coach. Now I seriously hope that we kick your teams lousy *** in your lousy stadium in front of your lousy fans.[/quote]

I KNOW. These 69er fans talk more **** than the Eagles and Cowboy fans. I forgot how much I used to hate the ****ty 69ers. One good year and Alex Smith is better than Eli. Newsflash: **** the 49ers.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]</p>

Either that's an elaborate hoax, or at least 20 other people described getting the same treatment.</p>

Seems like your fanbase has a high percentage of scumbags. I realize every team has them.....but seems like your ORGANIZATIONtolerates gang bangerswandering around the stadium intimidating people and molesting women.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Funny thing is, I always thought the 49ers were a class act.....but apparently, I was wrong.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

A Saints fan started a post indicating his family was the target of nonstop harassment by many 49er fans. At first, I was skeptical myself (read back to my first comment). But, after checking out the forum link he posted, many Saints fans had similar stories. Then, a quick internet search revealed more stories along the same lines.</p>

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01...y-fan-element/</p>

Is it conclusive proof? No. But I'm not looking for Bigfoot. I'll take the word of dozens of Saints fans that Candlestick has a serious problem.</p>

The fact that fans such as yourselfare sticking your head in the sand over it is probably one reason the situation is now apparently out of hand.</p>[/quote]

Honestly, I never had a bad feeling about the 49ers and was willing to support you guys if you beat us because your team's a good story and I like your coach. Now I seriously hope that we kick your teams lousy *** in your lousy stadium in front of your lousy fans.[/quote]

Like I told the other poster, wouldn't exactly call those people fans. Candlestick is by Hunter's Point, where there are a lot of thugs. I'm sure some of them sports 49ers and Raiders gear, but I bet a lot of them couldn't name an offensive linemen on the team. Those folks aren't fans. And your last sentence just seems to tell me that you're taking some of these isolated incidents, whether they are true or not, and using them as a springboard for an entire fanbase. At least that is the sense I'm getting here.

Veteran

[quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]</P>

Seems like your fanbase has a high percentage of scumbags. I realize every team has them.....but seems like your ORGANIZATIONtolerates gang bangerswandering around the stadium intimidating people and molesting women.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

A Saints fan started a post indicating his family was the target of nonstop harassment by many 49er fans. At first, I was skeptical myself (read back to my first comment). But, after checking out the forum link he posted, many Saints fans had similar stories. Then, a quick internet search revealed more stories along the same lines.</P>

Is it conclusive proof? No. But I'm not looking for Bigfoot. I'll take the word of dozens of Saints fans that Candlestick has a serious fan problem.</P>

The fact that you are sticking your head in the sand over it is probably one reason the situation is now apparently out of hand.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Why would so many people be making this up? </P>

I don't think a single Giant fan had an issue up in Lambeau, and the Giants won.</P>

As for the Giants....I'm sure any visiting fan that came in looking for trouble had no problem finding it. But no self-respecting Giants fan would hurl insults at women, or children.</P>

Seriously, can't believe you are blowing this off.....but it explains why **** is out of control over there.</P>

[/quote]

If I was blowing it off why would I keep discussing the issue with you? LOL right, me talking about the issue explains the alleged stories that have happened at Candlestick Park. Yes it was me, I had everything to do with it. Sure.

Why would so many people make things up? Are you really asking that question while you are browsing the internet?

What Packers are going to act rowdy when their team loses and looked bad for the majority of the game. Remember what Tony Dungy said a few years ago about the tradition of mooning the other team when they lost and left the facility?

What you said about no self-respecting Giants fan would do this or that...I could say the same thing about any 49ers fan. Anyone that brings a thug mantra is probably wearing a new NFL jersey and doesn't follow the team that closely. Wouldn't exactly call those kind of people fans.

I've already stated twice that the majority of 49ers fans are fine people. The fans that have watched the games, follow the team and not just when it's convenient, been around for a while, and aren't thugs. Those are fans. And those are the majority of people that fill Candlestick Park. I've heard stories of people having problems at the Super dome when attending as 49ers fans. Doesn't mean I believe the majority of Saints fans are terrible people. Heck, some 49ers fans just got shot by a Saints fan two days ago.
    [/quote]</P>

You seem like a nice guy. And yeah, I'm sure the majority of 49er fans are decent people. But it sounds like your venue has a serious attitude problem. </P>

I'm basing my opinion on the testimony of dozens of Saints fans, who report stories involving not a few,but many 49er fans.</P>

I'm not talking aboutDrunk Niners Fan v. Drunk Saints Fan........seems like it was more like 8 Drunk Niners Fans v. Grandma Saints Fan.</P>

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Is it conclusive proof?* No.* But I'm not looking for Bigfoot.** I'll take the word of dozens of Saints fans that Candlestick has a serious fan problem.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Why would so many people be making this up?* </P>

As for the Giants....I'm sure any visiting fan that came in looking for trouble had no problem finding it.** But no self-respecting Giants fan would hurl insults at women, or children.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

You seem like a nice guy.* And yeah, I'm sure the majority of 49er fans are decent people.* But it sounds like your venue has a serious attitude problem.* </P>

I'm basing my opinion on the testimony of dozens of Saints fans, who report stories involving not a few,*but many 49er fans.</P>

I'm not talking about*Drunk Niners Fan v. Drunk Saints Fan........seems like it was more like 8 Drunk Niners Fans v. Grandma Saints Fan.</P>[/quote]
    I still think I'd take grandma saints fan in that fight haha

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Black59Razor"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Is it conclusive proof? No. But I'm not looking for Bigfoot. I'll take the word of dozens of Saints fans that Candlestick has a serious fan problem.</p>

The fact that you are sticking your head in the sand over it is probably one reason the situation is now apparently out of hand.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Why would so many people be making this up? </p>

I don't think a single Giant fan had an issue up in Lambeau, and the Giants won.</p>

As for the Giants....I'm sure any visiting fan that came in looking for trouble had no problem finding it. But no self-respecting Giants fan would hurl insults at women, or children.</p>

Seriously, can't believe you are blowing this off.....but it explains why **** is out of control over there.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You seem like a nice guy. And yeah, I'm sure the majority of 49er fans are decent people. But it sounds like your venue has a serious attitude problem. </p>

I'm basing my opinion on the testimony of dozens of Saints fans, who report stories involving not a few,but many 49er fans.</p>

I'm not talking aboutDrunk Niners Fan v. Drunk Saints Fan........seems like it was more like 8 Drunk Niners Fans v. Grandma Saints Fan.</p>[/quote]

Yes well, being by Hunter's Point doesn't help. Which is why I don't go to that part of town. Doesn't matter. Candlestick will be gone soon anyways and the 49ers are moving to a more convenient stadium which is in a much better location in the bay area.