+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Bench Player

My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Hello all,
    I'm not sure if this is the section to be posting this, so mods, feel free to move/delete this thread if it's in the wrong spot.

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up about what to expect at Candlestick should you arrive wearing your NYG gear. First off, I fully expected to be shouted at, smack-talked to, harassed, and even pelted with a peanut or two. It's a playoff game and I was in hostile territory representing the opposing team; I get it.

However, there was hate behind the fans' actions. They wanted to fight. There was no line they wouldn't cross. There is a huge presence of gangster thugs. I spoke to several women who were groped and fondled while standing in line for refreshments. Here is a brief grocery list of things that my group of 5 experienced:

-Stepping off the bus, we were surrounded by 7-10 SF fans who got within 1'' of our faces, yelling like they were drill sergeants. Saying things like "Suck my ****" to my 57 year old mother as well as my girlfriend.
    -Slapped on the side of the head from behind prior to entering the stadium. An usher saw this and laughed, saying we might want to leave before we get stabbed
    -My mother had a beer poured on her head from behind while in our seats.
    -I was shoved INTO a urinal from behind while relieving myself at halftime
    -Girlfriend was groped several times while in line for refreshments
    -Thug took out his genitals and waved them at my mother after the game.
    -Asked 2 cops for any help they could provide getting us to our bus, as were were threatened by a group of fans saying they were going to jump us - they told us that we were on our own and recommended running.
    ***edit by author*** The cops were watching the final winning drive at the time on the TV's. We were at the gate, wanting to be the 1st ones out. They were pre-occupied by the intense action going on. One officer said "**** you on your own, final drive. Start runnin if you win"

There was minimal usher/security presence within the seating area of the stadium, so do not expect to have any security watching your area. Ushers that we did see were mostly female, who wouldn't be able to stop any physical altercation should it have ensued.

I would STRONGLY advise against walking into the tailgating area. This is where it was the most hostile. I was shoved and slapped several times here. Retaliating was out of the question (I am 6' 2'', 215 lbs), as there were huge groups looking for fights.

Good luck, keep your heads down, and if you are there with your girl or mother, STAY NEXT TO THEM AT ALL TIMES. Do not let them go to the bathroom or concession stands alone. These classless thugs are just that - classless.

Good luck, and GO NYG!

A picture I took after stepping off the bus:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/photomcc.jpg/

http://blog.sfgate.com/opinionshop/2...SdiwM.facebook

Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

[quote user="NOLAfan"]Hello all,
    I'm not sure if this is the section to be posting this, so mods, feel free to move/delete this thread if it's in the wrong spot.

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up about what to expect at Candlestick should you arrive wearing your NYG gear. First off, I fully expected to be shouted at, smack-talked to, harassed, and even pelted with a peanut or two. It's a playoff game and I was in hostile territory representing the opposing team; I get it.

However, there was hate behind the fans' actions. They wanted to fight. There was no line they wouldn't cross. There is a huge presence of gangster thugs. I spoke to several women who were groped and fondled while standing in line for refreshments. Here is a brief grocery list of things that my group of 5 experienced:

-Stepping off the bus, we were surrounded by 7-10 SF fans who got within 1'' of our faces, yelling like they were drill sergeants. Saying things like "Suck my ****" to my 57 year old mother as well as my girlfriend.
    -Slapped on the side of the head from behind prior to entering the stadium. An usher saw this and laughed, saying we might want to leave before we get stabbed
    -My mother had a beer poured on her head from behind while in our seats.
    -I was shoved INTO a urinal from behind while relieving myself at halftime
    -Girlfriend was groped several times while in line for refreshments
    -Thug took out his genitals and waved them at my mother after the game.
    -Asked 2 cops for any help they could provide getting us to our bus, as were were threatened by a group of fans saying they were going to jump us - they told us that we were on our own and recommended running.

There was minimal usher/security presence within the seating area of the stadium, so do not expect to have any security watching your area. Ushers that we did see were mostly female, who wouldn't be able to stop any physical altercation should it have ensued.

I would STRONGLY advise against walking into the tailgating area. This is where it was the most hostile. I was shoved and slapped several times here. Retaliating was out of the question (I am 6' 2'', 215 lbs), as there were huge groups looking for fights.

Good luck, keep your heads down, and if you are there with your girl or mother, STAY NEXT TO THEM AT ALL TIMES. Do not let them go to the bathroom or concession stands alone. These classless thugs are just that - classless.

Good luck, and GO NYG!

SF's finest:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/photomcc.jpg/

[/quote]

I hear u had to make sure not to knock twice at the bathroom stalls... thats code for "Twos a party"
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

That sucks bro and I'm sorry to hear you and your family had a bad experience in that $@& hole of a stadium.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Veteran

So they are asdisgraceful as Eagles fans. Must say I thought Philly fans were the lowest of the low but it looks like 49er fans are at the very least tied with Philly fans for classlessness.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Sounds worse than Philly, damn.

Sorry to hear about that man

I am sorry to hear that. I have only been to one Giants game but I was right next to a family of Falcons fans and the only time anyone ever bothered them was when the left the game early saying things like "Aww what happened" or "It's a long trip home now."

I was actually debating buying tickets on ebay for the game, but I don't want to deal with that. Thanks for letting us know that there is a lot of scum there.

Damn, Doesnt surprise me. 9er fans Comparable to eagles fans I see.. lol

Sorry to hear about that bro that's a terrible story. I'm not surprised to be honest from what I have heard. That kind of stuff would never happen at Giants Stadium.

We will heckle you to death but that's mostly as far as it goes. Sure, we have those fans who drank a 1/5 of whiskey before the game, are loud, obnoxious or maybe even looking for a fight, but that's the minimal.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Absolutely deplorable treatment. However, I wonder if Niner fans treat every opponent's fans that way or just because it was the Saints.

Granted, I'm not condoning that treatment at all, but I'm sure a lot of people got sick of all the fawning over the Saints and Brees whereas the Giants fly under the radar, isn't all fancy-schmancy with needs for stats and standings and has an 'all business' approach. To that, I blame the media for putting Brees and the Saints on some glorified pedestal which could've just upped the Niner fan ire.

Again, not condoning what they did by a longshot, but I kinda look at how Giants fans would react to say.....the Eagles fans as opposed to Falcons fans. With the Eagles, it's heated and hated. With the Falcons - they don't bother us.

Bench Player

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/shootin...ry?id=14357231</P>

The photo for this articlelets me knowthat you are not exaggerating.</P>

That sucks. I live in DC and deal with the Redskins fans at Fedex. They are obnoxious but never threatening. I have taken my girl to a few games and I don't worry about our safety.</P>

+ Reply to Thread