+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Gentlemen: Its a game. Treating women and children in an obnoxious manner is inexcusable and should not be condoned or ignored by home fans, opponents/fans, the police, management, and the owners and most importantly Goodell. I was at a home playoff game against the Eagles, what a mistake that was. I sat in the stands and a Philly woman came in and gave us all the finger. People began cursing and throwing beer. Philly fans and Giant fans. I was with my family, another mistake. I got up and asked for help from the fake police/security. They did nothing. I missed a good portion of the game and the guy next to me with his son was horrified as well. I wrote letters to everyone, the Giants, the security, etc. Nothing happened, i did not even get a response from anyone. I have never been to another Giant game

This will never change unless all of us do something. I for one would like to ban the excessive drinking. That will never happen because of the profit motive. Put real police in the stadium with the power to arrest and jail people who commit crimes like the Saints fan was subjected to. Sports are deteriorating. I am an athlete and a fan. I am just appalled at these stories. Where is the class and respect, we cannot even treat each other with respect on these boards. Again, its a game, lets act like adults. If you see bad behavior, if you are the home team, then stop it. There is no excuse for the home fans to ignore bad behavior.

Bench Player

Disgraceful behavior. I'm surprising my 9 year old son on Sunday morning and flying up to the game from LA. I'm buying 49ers hats to wear to and from the stadium to be safe. It's ridiculous that I have to be concerned about thugs at a major sporting event. The NFL should require that their owners up the security standards significantly. Go Giants!!!

Bench Player

My dad grew up in the Bronx. We are both big 49ers fans and were at the game against the Saints last week.

I do not believe that these Saints' fans experience was typical, but at the same time, I do not think it is that unlikely either. With the exception of when we are playing the Raiders, I have never really seen any fan violence. However, like pretty much every NFL game, you have a small number of classless jerks who start drinking early and do not let up. When you wear the opposing team's jersey, you basically draw their attention. If you do not want to get cussed out by drunk morons, don't wear a Giants jersey. This is not a 49ers problem. This is an NFL problem.

I would not be too concerned about actual violence, because the police presence (especially in the parking lot) is overwhelming since the violence at the Raiders-49ers preseason game, but I would expect jerks to run their mouths.

Also, the stadium is the oldest in the NFL, so you cannot walk to the bathroom without forcing your way through people waiting for concessions, so be prepared for that too. I have never seen any real harassment of other fans in our section. We are mostly season ticket-holders and we would not allow jerks to buy seats for one game and act like a-holes. You might want to consider whether those cheap upper reserve seats are worth the money, because the cheaper the seat, the less likely they are to be held by season ticket holders and the more likely they are to be held by classes jerks who do not care about how they behave because they do not have to worry about the people around them.

We have a system for reporting bad fans, but if you have AT&T, forget about it. You will not be able to get any calls or text messages through on gameday near the 'Stick.

To be perfectly honest, I think the biggest problems were caused by these thugs who show up to games and don't even have tickets. They stand around the parking lot drinking all day, but do not actually go in. They have cracked down on it by opening the parking lot only 4 hours before kickoff and throwing everyone out after that, but it is still a problem.

Unfortunately, the crowd that shows up at games, both at Candlestick and in the NFL in general, has gone downhill in the last decade. I would not worry about violence, but NFL games at most stadiums have not been family-friendly for a long time and the 'stick is no exception.

If you go with your family, I would suggest buying good seats and not wearing opposing teams Jerseys.

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="the empire"]im glad to see im still in peoples mouths..no homo.. even though i know "kase1" would like that. so if standing up for family or loved ones makes me a thug than so be it. the bronx huh? no big deal..been all through new york in my frisco gear..new yorks soft it aint the 80s anymore.why you think snoop kicked over your buildings come to candlestick in your giants gear and walk diagonally across the street to double rock projects. and the empire is what it is..the niner empire..we aint no nation we an empire. also i will be at the game so if you guys want your wives fondled please post a pic first because i have standards and just cause you want to see minority hands all over your lady doesnt mean its going to happen..inless shes cute of course ..[/quote]The mighty coke bottle rims has spoken from his mommy's basement. Careful with minibagels the cheese is hot.[/quote]SF, isnt that the land of Fruits and Nuts???

OooOOoh the double rock pj's, big deal, we got TONS of pjs in NY dont act like SF scares anyone on the map. This is NY son....

Claiming to fondle wives, eh?? You're quite the real man arent ya, now Ill throw hands with the best of em but im not going out and fondling wives,<FONT size=5> </FONT><FONT size=5>Ill leave that to punk frisco fairies like yourself who sit down to piss.

</FONT>
    I love mixing it up with the 'tough guys' from opposing teams

[/quote]lmao..

Bench Player

I'm going to be there and I have to admit this posting freaked me out a bit.....but I'm certainly not going to change my plans....go Big Blue!! I'll keep the head down and keep moving - gotta admit though, I'm a little diced after we WIN!!!

Pack a glock

Bench Player

[quote user="Voldamort"]Pack a glock[/quote]

Smart move. While security is not great, if you happen to get in a line with a security agent who is halfway competent with their metal detector wand, you are going to jail for a good long while.

Guys,

Please keep the smack football related. Personal attacks aren't neccessary

Thanks
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

[quote user="jim1060"]Disgraceful behavior. I'm surprising my 9 year old son on Sunday morning and flying up to the game from LA. I'm buying 49ers hats to wear to and from the stadium to be safe. It's ridiculous that I have to be concerned about thugs at a major sporting event. The NFL should require that their owners up the security standards significantly. Go Giants!!![/quote]

SANTA CLARA, Calif. San Francisco 49ers owner Jed York promised a safe environment for fans on Sunday following what appeared to be a rowdy and hostile 49er base after an upset victory over the New Orleans Saints last Sunday. </P>

According to The San Jose Mercury News, there were 23 arrests made, including one for felony battery where the victim broke their nose. York said that there is an increase in undercover police planned, who can work to neutralize such incidents. </P>

You guys know that all 'The Empire' and his cronies were trying to do was scare you guys from going to the game, and judging by the shook posts many of you guys are posting it worked

Cmon guys, San Fran is the land of fruits and nuts
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6