+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

Go on the Saints boards -- they're are similar complaints being made as this guy. I was wondering if he were actually a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans (which there are plenty of in California) from going to the game. But other Saints fans were saying the same exact thing on their boards.</P>

Sounds like you got dirt-bag fans that Harbough is praising to the sky.</P>

[quote user="CA Jints Fan"]I have lived in CA about 10 years and I can tell you being an east coast transplant, CA is not what it cracked up to be. Essentially the entire state is living on wellfare and has been over run with degenearte and their families looking for the "best" handout and CA offers is on a silver platter. I digress.... Dennis Miller said it best, "CA is a state of losers run by losers.." and so right he is. I ask you directly about the type and background of the typical fan in Candlestick as being lower class, probably with a boat-load of illegitimate kids, the whole family travel by Honda Civic....tattood with every gang -sign and drinking a 40 of Old English?? You get my drift? The weather here is great but the collective class of its citizens (sorry about the stereotype, but its true) is not. Anyone considering going to Candlestick, save the $350 and watch it on TV, I promise you it will be a better experience[/quote]</P>

I think that SF has some nice qualities about that still remain, but I've got to agree -- it's mostly a dump. Homelessness is encouraged. Remember what Port Authority in NYC used to be in the '80s and early '90s? SF is Port Authority City.</P>

North of SF is beautiful.</P>

[quote user="esbias"]Cool story bro. Proof? maybe some pics of you there? This story is such B.S. I'm sensing a bitter saints fan trying to make SF look bad. You giants fans seriously believe someone would TAKE OUT THEIR GENITALS and wave them at an elderly woman? That won't even happen in Philly. And Usher laughed and said to leave before u get stabbed? LOL. Get the fck lost troll. Get over the loss already you aint fan.[/quote]</P>

Go on the Saints boards -- they're are similar complaints being made as this guy. I was wondering if he were actually a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans (which there are plenty of in California) from going to the game. But other Saints fans were saying the same exact thing on their boards.</P>

Sounds like you got dirt-bag fans that Harbough is praising to the sky.</P>

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="esbias"]Cool story bro. Proof? maybe some pics of you there? This story is such B.S. I'm sensing a bitter saints fan trying to make SF look bad. You giants fans seriously believe someone would TAKE OUT THEIR GENITALS and wave them at an elderly woman? That won't even happen in Philly. And Usher laughed and said to leave before u get stabbed? LOL. Get the fck lost troll. Get over the loss already you aint fan.[/quote]</P>

Go on the Saints boards -- they're are similar complaints being made as this guy.* I was wondering if he were actually a 49er fan trying to discourage Giants fans (which there are plenty of in California) from going to the game.* But other Saints fans were saying the same exact thing on their boards.</P>

Sounds like you got dirt-bag fans that Harbough is praising to the sky.</P>[/quote]
    Most 49er fans are *****y gay guys. SF is basically just a giant version of Greenwich village. Just punch em in the face and they'll go crying to their boyfriends and Nancy Pelosi

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]Aren't they canceling the yearly Raiders vs. San Fran preseason game because of violence? This doesn't shock me, and it's sad that it doesn't.

OP should file a complaint if true.
    [/quote]</P>

I've been going out to California at least once a year for the past 20 years (to L.A. 9 times out of 10). Geographically it's beautiful, but that state is falling apart. SF lives off of reputation by people who either haven't been there, or only go down to Fisherman's warf. The amount of homelessness and drug addicts walking the streets is out of this world. Gangs are a serious issue. </P>

I love California and always will, but trust me -- it's living off it its past reputation.</P>

</P>

im going to the game. and will be decked out in giants gear. I will do my best not to get in a fight. Going to have to swallow my pride.

I've been to numerous Niners games and it really hasnt been bad. I went to the game in 2002. None of this happened to me.

Wish me luck guys. Going to represent BIG BLUE NATION to the fullest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bench Player

I've been living here all my life. It's not a dump. It has dumpy areas and amazing areas... you may have to take more than a weeks vacation to see what there is. Niner fans are from all over, not just Daly City (Candlestick). They're from Half Moon Bay (Mavericks), San Jose, Santa Cruz (Eddie Vedder wrote a song about it), Palo Alto (Stanford), Mill Valley, Tiburon. And the city itself is full of great spots, like the Embarcadero or Noe Valley. We have the Fillmore, the Castro, host the Bridge School concert in Mountain View... That is Northern California and those are the Niner fans. Talk to a local. Choose your spots and don't get lost, and that goes I think for most cities.

hopefully the minimum $300 tickets will drive away those morons.

[quote user="nomad1"]I've been living here all my life. It's not a dump. It has dumpy areas and amazing areas... you may have to take more than a weeks vacation to see what there is. Niner fans are from all over, not just Daly City (Candlestick). They're from Half Moon Bay (Mavericks), San Jose, Santa Cruz (Eddie Vedder wrote a song about it), Palo Alto (Stanford), Mill Valley, Tiburon. And the city itself is full of great spots, like the Embarcadero or Noe Valley. We have the Fillmore, the Castro, host the Bridge School concert in Mountain View... That is Northern California and those are the Niner fans. Talk to a local. Choose your spots and don't get lost, and that goes I think for most cities.
    [/quote]</P>

Hey, my home of NJ has the unfair reputation of being a dump...maybe it's time that it share that rep with California. </P>

Something to be proud to hear for all Giant fans. Found this on packerforum.com

I will say this. I was at the giants - packers game in NY this year and I was HIGHLY impressed with the class of their fans. Not once did someone give me crap or say anything derogatory. EVERY TEAM has fans who are going to act like a-holes (Some more than others...cough: Eagles etc.) just got to ignore them and respond and be kind to the ones who respect our team.

Packer Fan FOR LIFE!