+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Great Question: If we do win the superbowl - do u think coughlin retires

somebody just posed it to me in the thread i started and I have honestly no clue or opinion. I am stumped...

what does everybody else think

Fear the name, appreciate the game

Re: Great Question: If we do win the superbowl - do u think coughlin retires

I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

With all the controversy about him "losing the team" all year, and his age considered... I think it would be quite fitting for Tom to hang his hat up if we won.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

I think it would be a strong possibility. What better way to end your coaching career by holding the Lombardi trophy.

[quote user="stormblue"]i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.[/quote]

really?

U'd want him gone if we won the superbowl this yeaR?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

nope

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="stormblue"]i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.[/quote]

really?

U'd want him gone if we won the superbowl this yeaR?
    [/quote]if we won every year some tards would still want him gone

I don't think TC even considers retirement for another 5-8 years. The man is a football coach, this is what he does.

Also, this is no ordinary 65 year old man. The guy is Sharp as a tack and has more energy than probably half the players. I think Coughlin gets dragged out of the league kicking and screaming. But that won't be for several years.

[quote user="Giantz4Life"]I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

With all the controversy about him "losing the team" all year, and his age considered... I think it would be quite fitting for Tom to hang his hat up if we won.
    [/quote]

I hear where you're coming from, but for what it's worth, there wasn't a controversy about him losing the team. There were assumptions made by un-informed fans and 24 hour sports "analysts," but it never actually happened.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

He'll be gone IMO, and I'm okay with that, bring in fresh blood. He'd be well respected with 2 SBs here, what a heck of a ride of a season.

I like him, but if he comes back next year, and doesn't do so well, his picture might be tainted. I'm okay with him leaving