+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Great Question: If we do win the superbowl - do u think coughlin retires

somebody just posed it to me in the thread i started and I have honestly no clue or opinion. I am stumped...

what does everybody else think

Fear the name, appreciate the game

Re: Great Question: If we do win the superbowl - do u think coughlin retires

I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

With all the controversy about him "losing the team" all year, and his age considered... I think it would be quite fitting for Tom to hang his hat up if we won.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

I think it would be a strong possibility. What better way to end your coaching career by holding the Lombardi trophy.

[quote user="stormblue"]i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.[/quote]

really?

U'd want him gone if we won the superbowl this yeaR?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

nope

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="stormblue"]i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.[/quote]

really?

U'd want him gone if we won the superbowl this yeaR?
    [/quote]if we won every year some tards would still want him gone

I don't think TC even considers retirement for another 5-8 years. The man is a football coach, this is what he does.

Also, this is no ordinary 65 year old man. The guy is Sharp as a tack and has more energy than probably half the players. I think Coughlin gets dragged out of the league kicking and screaming. But that won't be for several years.

[quote user="Giantz4Life"]I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

With all the controversy about him "losing the team" all year, and his age considered... I think it would be quite fitting for Tom to hang his hat up if we won.
    [/quote]

I hear where you're coming from, but for what it's worth, there wasn't a controversy about him losing the team. There were assumptions made by un-informed fans and 24 hour sports "analysts," but it never actually happened.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

He'll be gone IMO, and I'm okay with that, bring in fresh blood. He'd be well respected with 2 SBs here, what a heck of a ride of a season.

I like him, but if he comes back next year, and doesn't do so well, his picture might be tainted. I'm okay with him leaving