Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

9/11

This thread is in memory to all those who lost thier lives on that fatefull day a little under 10 years ago and their families who live with their losses to this very day wherever you may be in the world.

I would like to say a big prayer for all the allied forces who continue the struggle aginst this evil to this very day.

To all New Yorkers and people from Washington who read this, my heart goes out to you all.

I visited Ground Zero in 2004 and was deeply moved by the loss of life and the immense scale of what happened, moreover, the determenation, character, tougness and ultimatlly the adaptability and community spirit of the people of america in such adveristy shone thru in those dark days and continues to this very day.

My Prayers go out to each and every one affected

Re: 9/11

9/11 will always be in my heart.

Was a broker in Long Island, NY at the time of the attacks. Never forget the feeling I had when I saw the towers hit on t.v

I Knew people in those towers, just a thought that is burned into my memory.

You may knock us down, but we will get up...

Giants fan since the early 80s

got to stop and look at Ground Zero while in NY for a Giants game

must have been absolutely terrifying

I'll send some prayers for all our Canadian troops in Afghanistan fighting the War on Terror since most of the prayers will go to the US servicemen

but saw last night they still haven't fixed the radio problems that FDNY could not hear NYPD radio calls to evacuate ... 10 years ... seems the Republicans don't think they should just give that block of airwaves away for free .... lolAmerica at times

but they really dropped the ball not inviting FDNY to the 10th anniversary ... worst thing I've ever heard ... 343 men ... RIP you brave souls

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Atrocities happen all over the world every day. 9/11/01 was the day for the USA. Its a memory that will always be there. I send prayers to all as well.

Some one mentioned the "truthers" and hoping this doesn't get political. Well in the end it doesn't matter why it happened, who did it, who knew about it, and what was done before or after the event.

It DID happen and people died. Nothing will change that fact.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Atrocities happen all over the world every day. 9/11/01 was the day for the USA. Its a memory that will always be there. I send prayers to all as well.

Some one mentioned the "truthers" and hoping this doesn't get political. Well in the end it doesn't matter why it happened, who did it, who knew about it, and what was done before or after the event.

It DID happen and people died. Nothing will change that fact.

[/quote]
    +1

This thread can stay, as long as it does not get political

Anyone who derails by bringing in propaganda, or their own political theories of any kind, will be going away for 2 weeks, and with no further warning.

Just putting it out there. Didn't mean to disrupt the thread.

[quote user="Die-Hard"]This thread can stay, as long as it does not get political

Anyone who derails by bringing in propaganda, or their own political theories of any kind, will be going away for 2 weeks, and with no further warning.

Just putting it out there. Didn't mean to disrupt the thread.
    [/quote]BUT WHERES THE WRECKAGE IN SHANKSVILLE!?!?!?!?!?!?!

lol just stirring the pot...I'll take the 2 weeks if necessary

yeah i literally live on the skyline and witnessed everything go down. truly an awful day regardless of who did it.

one thing or two i wish would be diff bout the ceremony sunday, one, the nyfd should be invited how r they not?
    and i also believe that first responders and families of victaims arent invited and maybe even not allowed on sight?

A buddy of mine who is a salesman was supposed to be doing a pitch at 9 a.m. at Windows on the World (a restaurant near the top floors) that morning. They called the night before to postpone.

I was working on the 8th floor of a building in Iselin, NJ at a desk by the windows. On a clear day you could make out the entire skyline; on cloudy days just the silhouettes of the twin towers and Empire State.

That was a very clear, crisp day. I just happened to go in early in my convertible with the top down. Not a cloud in the sky.

2nd guy comes in the office and shortly thereafter we hear a plane hit the TC. The internet slowed to a crawl as everybody was trying to get information. I remember being able to get a fuzzy picture off msnbc.com and we turned on the AM radio. Everybody thought a small commuter plane hit, but it didn't make sense since it was a crystal clear day. (A warplane did hit the Empire State during WW II in heavy fog).

When the 2nd plane hit and then Washington was hit, all hell was breaking loose. We had WINS on which is one of the more reputable news stations and they had reports of more planes, bombs on the steps of city hall, 7 planes missing, hijackings on the tarmac in Washington, etc.

Nobody ever thought the buildings could come down. Nobody.

I remember being on the roof when the first tower collapsed, and seeing the one remaining tower amid the huge ash cloud. Saw it with my own eyes. Shortly after I left the roof the 2nd tower collapsed.

Our IT guy is an EMT and his brother is a full time EMT and immediately went in. Some of the things he told me I will not repeat. But I will say something many don't know, our beloved Giants Stadium was used as a morgue.

I go into Manhattan a few times a year and it sickens me how long ground zero has remained a hole in the ground. IMO we should have rebuilt the towers as they were but with improvements and make 3 of them instead of 2. IMO it's cowardly that the new "freedom tower" is going to be nearly empty on the top half.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="bansaw"]
    I'll send some prayers for all our Canadian troops in Afghanistan fighting the War on Terror since most of the prayers will go to the US servicemen[/quote]

Sometimes we forget but everyone who fights with us. The Brits, Canadians, and Aussies are our staunchest allies and we thank them.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells