+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Is a letdown coming?

Hey Guys,

First time poster, longtime lurker.

Maybe it's cause I am a bit of a pessimist, but I do believe that teams that go on stretches tend to hit a wall. Giants have been feeling like it's been the playoffs since the Jets game. Is a letdown coming?

Could argue that we've already had those in Philly and Washington, but it' been a few weeks now.

By letdown I don't necessarily mean just a loss (losing to the Niners wouldn't be surprising, as they are a good team), but New York teams do have a history of playing low when they are supposed to be playing high.

Think this team might run out of gas?

Re: Is a letdown coming?

I would be shocked by a letdown in the NFC Championship game. Would not be shocked by a loss . . . but would be shocked by a letdown.

Like when they ran out of gas in 07?

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I would be shocked by a letdown in the NFC Championship game.* Would not be shocked by a loss . . .* but would be shocked by a letdown.[/quote]
    Me, too. It's mostly mental, and I think they're at a peak that will not wane for the Championship or SB. If SF simply plays better, that's OK because they are mentally primed now, too.

Veteran

If anything SF would be the one with a letdown game (NOT SAYING THE ARE)

They Swapped leads so many times in the 4th qtr and they won the game in the last 10 secs. Can they recover from that kind of emotional win?

Yeah they probably will, but the pressure of a "let down" is on SF especially in front of their home crowd.

Bench Player

I remembering having this same thought in 07. Thought it was too good to be true. Here's to hoping the Giants repeat.

Bench Player

I think that's a good point.

You think Alex Smith is the one with the most pressure on him Sunday?

[quote user="ErnieReese"]Hey Guys, First time poster, longtime lurker. Maybe it's cause I am a bit of a pessimist, but I do believe that teams that go on stretches tend to hit a wall. Giants have been feeling like it's been the playoffs since the Jets game. Is a letdown coming? Could argue that we've already had those in Philly and Washington, but it' been a few weeks now. By letdown I don't necessarily mean just a loss (losing to the Niners wouldn't be surprising, as they are a good team), but New York teams do have a history of playing low when they are supposed to be playing high. Think this team might run out of gas?[/quote]

the Giants let down more on games they are "supposed" to win.

This is obviously a big game. I think they come out and play really hard. They can win but the Niners are a potent team and they are riding very high right now.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Teams don't have letdowns in the playoffs, only in the regular season.

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I would be shocked by a letdown in the NFC Championship game. Would not be shocked by a loss . . . but would be shocked by a letdown.[/quote] Me, too. It's mostly mental, and I think they're at a peak that will not wane for the Championship or SB. If SF simply plays better, that's OK because they are mentally primed now, too.[/quote]

[Y]

Giants fan since '58