+ Reply to Thread

How old is our offensive playbook?

they are showing the 2007 Giants and the exact same play they called on that toomer TD in dallas in the playoffs is the same play Cruz burned dallas for in week 17...lol. You would think the cowboys would recognize it by now..i dont have the videos to show it

Re: How old is our offensive playbook?

[quote user="BigBlue121"]they are showing the 2007 Giants and the exact same play they called on that toomer TD in dallas in the playoffs is the same play Cruz burned dallas for in week 17...lol. You would think the cowboys would recognize it by now..i dont have the videos to show it
    [/quote]

1) they're supposed to recognize a play from 4 years ago?

2) for all we know they did recognise it and still couldn't do anything about it.

3) Highly doubt it was the same play.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="BigBlue121"]they are showing the 2007 Giants and the exact same play they called on that toomer TD in dallas in the playoffs is the same play Cruz burned dallas for in week 17...lol. You would think the cowboys would recognize it by now..i dont have the videos to show it
    [/quote]

1) they're supposed to recognize a play from 4 years ago?

2) for all we know they did recognise it and still couldn't do anything about it.

3) Highly doubt it was the same play.[/quote]
    gilbride has been using the same playbook since the 80's..

EXACT same play...the same route and block

Bench Player

I think a lot of teams run old plays from time to time. I'm sure these coaches and players have an index of plays from the past that they think will be useful for a given situation.

All-Pro

they did recognize it

but unfortunately not until post game film study

all joking aside, how exactly would they recognize it? ... i'm sure we run a miriad of plays from that same formation and i don't think Eli goes ... TOOMER PLAY FROM '07 PLAYOFFS OMAHA OMAHA!

i think our sweep and off tackle plays come from the 40s and 50s or earlier

If it works why change it?

i just saw the play on TV and jumped up cuz it looked so familiar and realized that Cruz did it to dallas in wk 17. lol

[quote user="BigBlue121"]EXACT same play...the same route and block
    [/quote]

well it would have to be same route(s) plural for it to be exactly the same. Was everyone running the same route?

There's only so many routes in the route tree so you're gonna see some repeates
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="BigBlue121"]they are showing the 2007 Giants and the exact same play they called on that toomer TD in dallas in the playoffs is the same play Cruz burned dallas for in week 17...lol. You would think the cowboys would recognize it by now..i dont have the videos to show it
    [/quote]

Well on that play the Cowboys were blitzing but Terrence "The Hurdle" Newmann still had responsibiilty for Cruz but came in too much and lost angle to Cruz.

On the othe hand, with respect to old or same plays they still run off tackle and always will.

That pass play is rather routine so no surprise they stiil use it. Conversely you can overuse trick or gimmick plays.