+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Does heavy rain and sloppy field help the Giants or 49ers more?

What do you think? With the rain and sloppy field, you would think it would hurt and slow down the Giants passing attack due to slower routes and wet football. I do think that a wet and slippery Nicks and Cruz would only make them more difficult to tackle so they could get big yardage after the catch. I don't think 49ers secondary is that good considering that Brees threw for nearly 500 passing yards last week.

I do think the 49ers rush D is the best in the NFL though. The rain and sloppy field should also hurt and slow down a great and very FAST rushing 49ers defense. This is where Jacobs could take advantage of that but we still haven't seen a dominating consistent rushing attack from Gmen. It could help Gore more. Not sure.

Does heavy rain and sloppy field help the Giants or 49er more? I'm still not sure.

Re: Does heavy rain and sloppy field help the Giants or 49ers more?

[quote user="bflo23"]What do you think? With the rain and sloppy field, you would think it would hurt and slow down the Giants passing attack due to slower routes and wet football. I do think that a wet and slippery Nicks and Cruz would only make them more difficult to tackle so they could get big yardage after the catch. I don't think 49ers secondary is that good considering that Brees threw for nearly 500 passing yards last week.

I do think the 49ers rush D is the best in the NFL though. The rain and sloppy field should also hurt and slow down a great and very FAST rushing 49ers defense. This is where Jacobs could take advantage of that but we still haven't seen a dominating consistent rushing attack from Gmen. It could help Gore more. Not sure.

Does heavy rain and sloppy field help the Giants or 49er more? I'm still not sure.

[/quote]

Posted 600 times since yesterday...
    Doesn't hurt to look before you post..

Regardless...
    It could possibly benefit either..

The Niners have been practicing on a Soggy field throughout the entire playoff run..
    The field is below sea-level.

Spoken like a bias 49er fan that you are. I didn't know the field was so soggy against the 49ers. Soggy field didn't slow down the Saints one bit as he torched the 49ers secondary for nearly 500 yards. Thanks. I feel more confident in knowing that it was also soggy vs the Saints.

Veteran

I've never in my entire life heard anyone claim that bad conditions hurts the run game more than the passing game, so...

[quote user="bflo23"]Spoken like a bias 49er fan that you are. I didn't know the field was so soggy against the 49ers. Soggy field didn't slow down the Saints one bit as he torched the 49ers secondary for nearly 500 yards. Thanks. I feel more confident in knowing that it was also soggy vs the Saints.
    [/quote]

I guess that was a Biased remark...
    Why ask if you're going to be a ***** about the response?

You asked for the opinion... I gave it.

Did you happen to watch the game?.. or just Look at the end game statistics..?

Yeah he threw for 400 yds, but he threw the ball 70 times, which is unreal to say the least.

90% of his passes were also quick hit screens w/ YAC.

Take away the two Scores at the end of the game, both for 40+ and Brees threw 70 times for only 300 yds.

I'd say our D held up well.

[quote user="jhamburg"]I've never in my entire life heard anyone claim that bad conditions hurts the run game more than the passing game, so...[/quote]

Guess that makes you a biased 49er fan too then eh?..

Especially considering I said it could benefit either team and my response was considered 49er Biased lol.

Veteran

Sloppy conditions help the offense more, especially in the passing game. Sounds counterintuitive, but just look at what Tom Brady does to defenses when the weather sucks.

400 yards and 70 pass attempts? 463 passing yards, 4 TD passes and 63 pass attempts actually but lets all downplay that. 49ers couldn't stop the Saints but just hoped for Saints fumbilitis..... 463 passing yards on a soggy field?

Are you going to hope for 5 turnovers by the Giants? "49ers defense did well." with those Brees stats? Sounds bias. You must have watched a different game. Without the Saints fumbilitis, the Saints would be scoring TDs pretty much on every single possession.

Bench Player

[quote user="JayDAche"][quote user="bflo23"]What do you think? With the rain and sloppy field, you would think it would hurt and slow down the Giants passing attack due to slower routes and wet football. I do think that a wet and slippery Nicks and Cruz would only make them more difficult to tackle so they could get big yardage after the catch. I don't think 49ers secondary is that good considering that Brees threw for nearly 500 passing yards last week.

[/quote]

Posted 600 times since yesterday...
    Doesn't hurt to look before you post..

Regardless...
    It could possibly benefit either..

The Niners have been practicing on a Soggy field throughout the entire playoff run..
    The field is below sea-level.[/quote]

Have to challenge my fellow Niner fan here

The field is NOT below sea level. That is an old wives tale.

If you watch the game from the last week the field was in great shape. (Even after all the talk from the Saints fans saying we were going to water down the field blah blah blah). Didn't happen.

The problem with the field is it does not drain worth a ****. So when it DOES rain, it gets nasty.

Rain starting Wednesday night and continuing through game time last I looked.

It could be nasty.

But its football right?!?

If a bear ****s in the woods...