+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Osi and a pick for Hernandez.

Would you pull the trigger?

Say Bill says he wants Osi and a 2nd for Hernandez. Gronk is off the table. Do you do it?

What about a 3rd?

Re: Osi and a pick for Hernandez.

no chance. Look at the production we get out of average TEs. Why would we need to pay so much for Hernandez?

No thanks.

Veteran

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]no chance. Look at the production we get out of average TEs.* Why would we need to pay so much for Hernandez?
    [/quote]We've gotten no production in the post-season...

1. The TE is hurt
    2. You dont over look 14 good games worth of production because of 2 games a player is out there at maybe 70%

Veteran

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]1. The TE is hurt
    2. You dont over look 14 good games worth of production because of 2 games a player is out there at maybe 70%
    [/quote]Hernandez has nearly double Ballard's receptions and TDs as a #2 TE.

Bench Player

No. He's basically a WR. Doesn't block well and doesn't fit our offense. I'd love Gronk, but the pats would never trade him. Probably never trade Hernandez either.

If you haven't noticed, the NFL isn't depth charts. Sure we have a bunch of pass rushers, but we've been playing a lot better with Osi in the lineup.

He's got a year left on his contract. He wont hold out for a significant amount of time in a contract year with what will probably be his last big contract. I know you often see teams trade players in the final year of their contract to net something before they walk, but I'd rather get the production his last year brings us then whatever return he could net in a trade.

Veteran

no.

/thread

[quote user="Itlan"][quote user="TrueBlue07"]1. The TE is hurt
    [/quote]Hernandez has nearly double Ballard's receptions and TDs as a #2 TE.[/quote]

You're missing the point. We don't need to over pay for a productive TE. Eli and this offense gets more out of the guys they put at TE than they should. Anyway, Gronk is a TE more fitted for this system, not a catch first TE.

I'd like to see them upgrade the position via the draft, but not for Osi & a 2.

I don't even know if we can get just a second round pick for Osi, let alone a great player like Hernandez. Remember, he is starting to get old and has struggled with injuries. Also, he might not be able to be an everydown player anymore. I saw a quote from him after the Falcons game when JPP had a little trouble getting up on one play. Osi said something to the effect of "I need JPP to be healthy. If he's hurt I have to play more plays each game and I can't do that anymore." I think he's still great and would love to have him on the team next year but I don't think we'll get much of value for him (especially from Belichick).