Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we content

Veteran

Are we content

As fans with Kiwi at the SLB position?

personally i would like to put Kiwi back at DE. and i might take some flack for this but start Herz at SLB. Get the DE pressure rotation back on the defensive line with kiwi, jpp and tuck and when osi is back have him and tuck or JPP rotate in some DT duties, on passing downs.

i think with the absence of Terell , Johnatton and Prince the one thing we need to do is get more pressure on the QB to hide some of the weakness in our secondary and LB core.

what do you guys think?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: Are we content

I would rather see him line up at DE - he's pretty close to an elite pash rusher when lined up at DE, he's an average SAM, at best.

However, if they didn't move Kiwi back to DE with both Tuck and Osi out against the Skins - its not gonna happen.

[quote user="G4L"]I would rather see him line up at DE - he's pretty close to an elite pash rusher when lined up at DE, he's an average SAM, at best.

However, if they didn't move Kiwi back to DE with both Tuck and Osi out against the Skins - its not gonna happen.[/quote]

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the topic....

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

I like the guy, as a person and as a player and I love to see more of him on the field, but he's at his best when his hand is in the ground on 3rd down.

Banned

I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

As far as Kiwi, he should definitely have his hands in the dirt. They're ruining his career having him out there in space.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

As far as Kiwi, he should definitely have his hands in the dirt. They're ruining his career having him out there in space.[/quote]

This. We are being unfair.

I think the late great comedian mitch hedburg addressed a similar situation:

You know im a comedian, and so people come up to me and say, oh your a comedian. Can you write? Write us a script?
    Thats not fair man. Thats like you worked your arse off being a great chef, you know really slaved away at it, and somebody comes up and says oh your a great cook, can you farm?

All-Pro

We are't but I'm pretty sure Reese and company are. It's pathetic really. He is a great DE being wasted. Did he even play last week?

Banned

[quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

As far as Kiwi, he should definitely have his hands in the dirt. They're ruining his career having him out there in space.[/quote]

You know im a comedian, and so people come up to me and say, oh your a comedian. Can you write? Write us a script?
    Thats not fair man. Thats like you worked your arse off being a great chef, you know really slaved away at it, and somebody comes up and says oh your a great cook, can you farm?

[/quote]In all honesty, it's nobody but Kiwi's fault and Kiwi's fault alone. I would never had accepted that role, especially when I know I got what it takes to be a great DE in the league.

Plenty of teams that could've used my services. It's one thing to be loyal and the ultimate team player but when that loyalty starts interfering with your legacy or your bank roll, then it's you alone who deserves the donkey tail and the bunny ears.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

[/quote]In all honesty, it's nobody but Kiwi's fault and Kiwi's fault alone. I would never had accepted that role, especially when I know I got what it takes to be a great DE in the league.

Plenty of teams that could've used my services. It's one thing to be loyal and the ultimate team player but when that loyalty starts interfering with your legacy or your bank roll, then it's you alone who deserves the donkey tail and the bunny ears.[/quote]

Do you fault steve smith for leaving?

Banned

[quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="middlecountrygiantsfan"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]I agree except that I think Herz excels in coverage and Jones is more athletic and might be better suited covering the backs coming out of the backfield. Both LBers can easily be responsible depending on the play that's called but the SLB is more responsible for covering the flats.

Plenty of teams that could've used my services. It's one thing to be loyal and the ultimate team player but when that loyalty starts interfering with your legacy or your bank roll, then it's you alone who deserves the donkey tail and the bunny ears.[/quote]

Do you fault steve smith for leaving?
    [/quote]I don't fault Smith, Cofield or Boss for leaving. The NFL is a business and teams will release an injured player at the drop of a dime. I just felt that Smith could've found a better team to go play for.