+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

Sign of a truly dedicated fan

So I'm a high school senior, and in the midst of this whole football season I've been applying to colleges. Most of my schools are conducting their interviews now and apparently Sunday is a popular day for such things. I just had canceled my Princeton interview because it was scheduled for this Sunday at 5:45. I'm pretty sure my mom is seriously considering ending our cable subscription just so I can't watch the game. However, my dad sees nothing wrong with my decision. In fact, he supports me wholeheartedly

Moral of the story: Giants > everything else. Go Big Blue!!!

Re: Sign of a truly dedicated fan

Well, I guess you want to know what everyone thinks.

Sorry to say it but you should tape the game and go to the interview.

That is, unless you are be able to reschedule. If that's the case then good call!

[quote user="lnp12"]So I'm a high school senior, and in the midst of this whole football season I've been applying to colleges. Most of my schools are conducting their interviews now and apparently Sunday is a popular day for such things. I just had canceled my Princeton interview because it was scheduled for this Sunday at 5:45. I'm pretty sure my mom is seriously considering ending our cable subscription just so I can't watch the game. However, my dad sees nothing wrong with my decision. In fact, he supports me wholeheartedly

[/quote]Go 4 the interview (even though its Princeton) and just dvr the game and do not listen to the radio. You might be home easily before the half.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="lnp12"]So I'm a high school senior, and in the midst of this whole football season I've been applying to colleges. Most of my schools are conducting their interviews now and apparently Sunday is a popular day for such things. I just had canceled my Princeton interview because it was scheduled for this Sunday at 5:45. I'm pretty sure my mom is seriously considering ending our cable subscription just so I can't watch the game. However, my dad sees nothing wrong with my decision. In fact, he supports me wholeheartedly

[/quote]

ive missed so many family events due to giants game...some people get it some people dont..but i bleed blue and i can appreciate your choice

I'm sorry but your priorities should be #1 in your life. Football is entertainment, school is gonna determine how many zeros you plan on putting in your bank account. They have things called DVR's. Congrats by the way.

All-Pro

[quote user="BornLegend"]I'm sorry but your priorities should be #1 in your life. Football is entertainment, school is gonna determine how many zeros you plan on putting in your bank account. They have things called DVR's. Congrats by the way.[/quote]

what he said
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Starter

Oh I probably should of said this originally, I'm rescheduling it haha. I had to come up with some believable excuse other than, "I have to watch the Giants play" but it all worked out; we're meeting on a Tuesday. No football to worry about then!

Think about it this way:

If you live an average lifespan you have about 60 seasons of Giants football ahead of you. Go to college, get a job, and find a good career so you can sit around and watch the games on your big screen TV.

Otherwise you might find yourself pulling double-shifts on Sunday at some ****hole job you hate.

EDIT: Just saw your previous post. Good call! You had us all worried there for a minute! Enjoy the game!

[quote user="lnp12"]Oh I probably should of said this originally, I'm rescheduling it haha. I had to come up with some believable excuse other than, "I have to watch the Giants play" but it all worked out; we're meeting on a Tuesday. No football to worry about then!
    [/quote]

Ok if you're rescheduling it, then it's cool! BTW Congrats on getting the interview at Princeton.

Starter

[quote user="Pop it Ahmad"][quote user="lnp12"]Oh I probably should of said this originally, I'm rescheduling it haha. I had to come up with some believable excuse other than, "I have to watch the Giants play" but it all worked out; we're meeting on a Tuesday. No football to worry about then!
    [/quote]

Ok if you're rescheduling it, then it's cool! BTW Congrats on getting the interview at Princeton.
    [/quote]

Thanks Another reason I didn't want the it to be this Sunday is because I'm going to be nervous enough about the interview, I didn't need to add the nervousness of not knowing what's going on with the game!