+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 49ers Fan Here

Hybrid View

49ers Fan Here

49ers fan here. Not looking to troll or instigate, just looking for friendly discussion about the upcoming NFCC.

I was a little surprised seeing how handily you guys took it to the Packers this weekend, it was really impressive. And I don't think I've ever been so upset about a call in a non-niner game before. That Jennings fumble was 100% a fumble no matter what any ref says, that cal was BS. The Giants were clearly more prepared team that afternoon and were able to overcome those crappy calls.

People keep saying the 49ers will most likely struggle with the vaunted Giants d-line, I don't think so. That isn't arrogance, I just feel the 49ers' o-line does well against non blitzing teams that only rush 4. even really really good d-lines, blitzing teams give us fits though. I am far more afraid of the beast that is the Giants receiving core with Nicks and Cruz and a bit of a Manningham. The 49ers have been susceptible to the big play, and as good as Rogers has been at CB for us, Brown isn't that good, and our safeties can be beat deep. Nicks and Cruz could have big days.

At any rate, I must confess, I personally wanted to play the Packers. I love an underdog and martyr story, and I wanted to shut up all the disrespecting critics. I'm sure some of you can relate. The more I thought about it however, the more I like this matchup. I like the 49ers at home, and (after watching the Pack against you guys) I feel a SF/NYG championship will be called much fairer than a SF/GB championship. Hopefully we get refereeing like the 49ers/Saints game got. IDK how many of you guys watched, but the refs really let the players play. Outside of one BS PI call against SF on the first drive there were 2 penalties the rest of the way. They could have called holding a ton of times against NO too, but they let the SF corners bump a little bit past 5 yards as well. No interference while the ball was in the air, but I would say that "5 yard rule" extended to about 10-12 that day, lol.

Anyways, here's to a good game. These two teams have a great history together in the playoffs. The '03 comeback and the Craig fumble (for which some 49er fans have still not forgiven Craig for btw. They blame him for no 3-peat) come to mind. Lets hope Sunday's game is just as exciting as the games in the past have been and as thrilling as last weekend's game.

Go 49ers!!

Bench Player

Re: 49ers Fan Here

[quote user="look@dafilm"]49ers fan here. Not looking to troll or instigate, just looking for friendly discussion about the upcoming NFCC.

I was a little surprised seeing how handily you guys took it to the Packers this weekend, it was really impressive. And I don't think I've ever been so upset about a call in a non-niner game before. That Jennings fumble was 100% a fumble no matter what any ref says, that cal was BS. The Giants were clearly more prepared team that afternoon and were able to overcome those crappy calls.

People keep saying the 49ers will most likely struggle with the vaunted Giants d-line, I don't think so. That isn't arrogance, I just feel the 49ers' o-line does well against non blitzing teams that only rush 4. even really really good d-lines, blitzing teams give us fits though. I am far more afraid of the beast that is the Giants receiving core with Nicks and Cruz and a bit of a Manningham. The 49ers have been susceptible to the big play, and as good as Rogers has been at CB for us, Brown isn't that good, and our safeties can be beat deep. Nicks and Cruz could have big days.

At any rate, I must confess, I personally wanted to play the Packers. I love an underdog and martyr story, and I wanted to shut up all the disrespecting critics. I'm sure some of you can relate. The more I thought about it however, the more I like this matchup. I like the 49ers at home, and (after watching the Pack against you guys) I feel a SF/NYG championship will be called much fairer than a SF/GB championship. Hopefully we get refereeing like the 49ers/Saints game got. IDK how many of you guys watched, but the refs really let the players play. Outside of one BS PI call against SF on the first drive there were 2 penalties the rest of the way. They could have called holding a ton of times against NO too, but they let the SF corners bump a little bit past 5 yards as well. No interference while the ball was in the air, but I would say that "5 yard rule" extended to about 10-12 that day, lol.

Anyways, here's to a good game. These two teams have a great history together in the playoffs. The '03 comeback and the Craig fumble (for which some 49er fans have still not forgiven Craig for btw. They blame him for no 3-peat) come to mind. Lets hope Sunday's game is just as exciting as the games in the past have been and as thrilling as last weekend's game.

Go 49ers!!
    [/quote]F the Niners. They suck!

thats a well thought out post. your parents must be proud.

Bench Player

[quote user="BobbyD"][quote user="look@dafilm"]49ers fan here. Not looking to troll or instigate, just looking for friendly discussion about the upcoming NFCC.

Go 49ers!!
    [/quote]F the Niners. They suck![/quote]

The 9er fan came in here in good faith and was not a troll, your response to the OP is disgraceful and you have embarrassed all Giants' fans. Now they are talking about us on the 9ers forum....a-hole
    <a href="http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=127241">
    http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=127241</a>

Bench Player

[quote user="Raffi"][quote user="BobbyD"][quote user="look@dafilm"]49ers fan here. Not looking to troll or instigate, just looking for friendly discussion about the upcoming NFCC.

Go 49ers!!
    [/quote]F the Niners. They suck![/quote]

The 9er fan came in here in good faith and was not a troll, your response to the OP is disgraceful and you have embarrassed all Giants' fans. Now they are talking about us on the 9ers forum....a-hole
    <a href="http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=127241">
    http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=127241</a>

[/quote]So? They already know Giants fans are blue collar, passionate and classless. Who cares about class and who cares what they think. Classless and im proud!

Forget about it. Every fanbase has their share of trolls. Take BobbyD for instance

Bench Player

[quote user="look@dafilm"]Forget about it. Every fanbase has their share of trolls. Take BobbyD for instance
    [/quote]I'm busting your balls OP, I'm not even a Giants fan. I'm pulling for you guys this weekend.

I know you're not. Hence the reference to you being a troll

[quote user="look@dafilm"]Forget about it. Every fanbase has their share of trolls. Take BobbyD for instance
    [/quote]BobbyD is not a Giants fan look@dafilm.

He is a supposed Oilers/Titans fan who comes on the Giants boards to smack talk with a Texans fan, for some odd reason.

So dont mind him!

I look for a good game this coming Sunday! A few months back, who would've thought the Giants would be playing the 49ers in the NFC Championship? All of the Dream team talk, the Saints and Packers were the favorites by most analysts and talking heads.
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

[/quote]

Bobby's a Cowboys (or Titans or whatever) fan...

you'll find the NYGMB is quite liberal when it comes to membership.

We have all types here, troll and Civil.

good post OP, all I can say is we'll see Sunday.

I like the match-up because it reminds me of the classic 80s battles.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI