+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi

All-Pro

Kiwi

I feel as though he's not getting as many snaps as he should. Especially when it comes to rushing the passer. Am I wrong?

Thoughts?

Re: Kiwi

There wasn't much need for him last week. He's obviously not going to find much time against a team that spreads it out and occasionally runs. He was in last week on pass rushing more than run defense. That should change completely this week.

whats this? lawl actually STARTING a thread?!

well i cant miss the opportunity to chime in. I agree with u. i kept on waiting for the nascar package and tolly kept on getting the snaps over kiwi and it was obvious passing downs. maybe kiwi played coverage and i just missed his number.

there were only a few times i noticed him on the dl rushing the passer.

All-Pro

[quote user="bLuereverie"]There wasn't much need for him last week. He's obviously not going to find much time against a team that spreads it out and occasionally runs. He was in last week on pass rushing more than run defense. That should change completely this week.[/quote]

Yea good point, but he hardly ever gets the opportunity to put his hand in the dirt and get after the QB either. Even if its like 7-10 snaps a game thats 7-10 plays that jpp or tuck gets to rest. Hell I even recall seeing Tollefson out there rushing from the DT position. I would think that Kiwi would be more effective than tolly, no?

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsfan420"]whats this? lawl actually STARTING a thread?! well i cant miss the opportunity to chime in. I agree with u. i kept on waiting for the nascar package and tolly kept on getting the snaps over kiwi and it was obvious passing downs. maybe kiwi played coverage and i just missed his number. there were only a few times i noticed him on the dl rushing the passer.[/quote]

It definitely is a rarity

[quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="bLuereverie"]There wasn't much need for him last week. He's obviously not going to find much time against a team that spreads it out and occasionally runs. He was in last week on pass rushing more than run defense. That should change completely this week.[/quote]

Yea good point, but he hardly ever gets the opportunity to put his hand in the dirt and get after the QB either. Even if its like 7-10 snaps a game thats 7-10 plays that jpp or tuck gets to rest. Hell I even recall seeing Tollefson out there rushing from the DT position. I would think that Kiwi would be more effective than tolly, no?

[/quote]

Ahh the embarrassment of riches. All those DEs are hungry.

he just hasent been as good a pass rusher this season as he was in years previous.

On the other hand, hes become a really good strong side linebacker.

[quote user="slipknottin"]he just hasent been as good a pass rusher this season as he was in years previous.

On the other hand, hes become a really good strong side linebacker.[/quote]
    +1. Yeah he has. I was all for putting back at DE earlier this season with the Osi and Tuck injuries, but he's shown a lot more this season. I always felt bad for him because with all the injuries and moving back and forth to DE, it felt like he could never really find his stride. Looks like he, and the entire LB corp have.

He'll be out a lot on Sunday

All-Pro

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="slipknottin"]he just hasent been as good a pass rusher this season as he was in years previous. On the other hand, hes become a really good strong side linebacker.[/quote] +1. Yeah he has. I was all for putting back at DE earlier this season with the Osi and Tuck injuries, but he's shown a lot more this season. I always felt bad for him because with all the injuries and moving back and forth to DE, it felt like he could never really find his stride. Looks like he, and the entire LB corp have.[/quote]

Yea, I always kind of felt bad for him too because he still hasn't had the opportunity to cash in on a big contract. Now that he's playing linebacker his pay day will still be rather low given his pass rushing from previous years. Kiwi was one of those guys that you wanted to see get paid. Akin to a Boss or a Cruz and Nicks. Just a true professional.