+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

did anyone else notice rodgers in the 4th quarter...

late in the 4th when the packers were down 30-13, on the drive that osi got called on that bogus roughing the passer, aaron rodgers rushed for a 1st down around or inside our 30 yard line. after doing this he threw the first down arm out...like he was celebrating something. then after driver got the touchdown, there seemed to be some mild celebration as well.

i've always liked the packers and aaron rodgers, so i'm not trying to bag on them and rub it in, but this was kind of odd. please tell me someone else took notice?

it would really bother me if eli, or any other giant, did that being down 30-13 in the 4th quarter of a divisional playoff game at home.

surprised no one in the media has mentioned this.

All-Pro

Re: did anyone else notice rodgers in the 4th quarter...

[quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]late in the 4th when the packers were down 30-13, on the drive that osi got called on that bogus roughing the passer, aaron rodgers rushed for a 1st down around or inside our 30 yard line. after doing this he threw the first down arm out...like he was celebrating something. then after driver got the touchdown, there seemed to be some mild celebration as well.

i've always liked the packers and aaron rodgers, so i'm not trying to bag on them and rub it in, but this was kind of odd. please tell me someone else took notice?

it would really bother me if eli, or any other giant, did that being down 30-13 in the 4th quarter of a divisional playoff game at home.

surprised no one in the media has mentioned this.[/quote]

Who cares. If nothing else it was probably more about trying to gain some confidence, like they might have a chance. If you're down being sullen the entire time isn't going to help. So I dont mind celebration, just not over doing it.

[quote user="Zaggs"]If nothing else it was probably more about trying to gain some confidence, like they might have a chance.[/quote]

Exactly. And they were......what if they had recovered that on-side kick and gotten a quick score......that would have made it a 3 point game......

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]late in the 4th when the packers were down 30-13, on the drive that osi got called on that bogus roughing the passer, aaron rodgers rushed for a 1st down around or inside our 30 yard line. after doing this he threw the first down arm out...like he was celebrating something. then after driver got the touchdown, there seemed to be some mild celebration as well.

Who cares.* If nothing else it was probably more about trying to gain some confidence, like they might have a chance.* If you're down being sullen the entire time isn't going to help.* So I dont mind celebration, just not over doing it.
    [/quote]

apparently not you. haha. but thanks for the feedback. just an honest observation that i'm surprised i haven't heard discussed.

anyway, i just watched the highlights and noticed this again. i remember thinking during the game how pissed i'd be if i were a packer fan that he was carrying himself like that.

but you're right, probably not a big deal.

I remember the first down signal and did think that it was odd - like the situation his team was in wasn't clear to him. Maybe the Packers were so sure they were destined to win that they still hadn't read the writing on the wall. Maybe it was an attempt to rally the troops to do what was nearly impossible.

However, I don't remember the celebration after the TD. Maybe I went to pee about then.

I think I saw him do it on a non first down play... Thinking it has something to do with the formation or something.... I could be wrong...

In rewatching the game, like Eli's "Omaha", Rodgers does a sort of "nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh" ... Was very strange.... I was kind of waiting for "NOONAN!" to come out.
    BASTE MODE

--80--

Starter

[quote user="Easy-Duz-It"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]late in the 4th when the packers were down 30-13, on the drive that osi got called on that bogus roughing the passer, aaron rodgers rushed for a 1st down around or inside our 30 yard line. after doing this he threw the first down arm out...like he was celebrating something. then after driver got the touchdown, there seemed to be some mild celebration as well.

Who cares. If nothing else it was probably more about trying to gain some confidence, like they might have a chance. If you're down being sullen the entire time isn't going to help. So I dont mind celebration, just not over doing it.
    [/quote]

apparently not you. haha. but thanks for the feedback. just an honest observation that i'm surprised i haven't heard discussed.

anyway, i just watched the highlights and noticed this again. i remember thinking during the game how pissed i'd be if i were a packer fan that he was carrying himself like that.

but you're right, probably not a big deal.[/quote]

Kinda the opposite situation...but reminds me of when we played the Saints...at some point in the 4th quarter we were down by like 30 points or something and Cruz scored a touchdown and didn't do the salsa dance. I was very proud of him and thought he made the right choice, we weren't in a position to be celebrating anything.

Just something to think about in comparison.

Starter

[quote user="Easy-Duz-It"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]late in the 4th when the packers were down 30-13, on the drive that osi got called on that bogus roughing the passer, aaron rodgers rushed for a 1st down around or inside our 30 yard line. after doing this he threw the first down arm out...like he was celebrating something. then after driver got the touchdown, there seemed to be some mild celebration as well.

[/quote]

but you're right, probably not a big deal.[/quote]

Kinda the opposite situation...but reminds me of when we played the Saints...at some point in the 4th quarter we were down by like 30 points or something and Cruz scored a touchdown and didn't do the salsa dance. I was very proud of him and thought he made the right choice, we weren't in a position to be celebrating anything.

Just something to think about in comparison.

I knew it was over when Nicks caught that hail mary pass before halftime. I know I sound like a horrible fan but I just got down in the dumps when that happened.

Veteran

[quote user="Lambeau12"]I knew it was over when Nicks caught that hail mary pass before halftime. I know I sound like a horrible fan but I just got down in the dumps when that happened.[/quote]

I didn't relax until Jacobs punched it in to make it 37-20.

Between Rodgers and the terrible officiating, I thought anything was possible just prior to that.