+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Devin Thomas Another Speed GEM on our WR corps

If you rewatch the hail mary pass devin thomas runs so fast he out beats MM, Cruz and Nicks(though he made the catch) to the end zone. Blazing fast, is he still our gunner on ST's? If MM doesn't resign i think Cruz, Nicks, Devin Thomas may come cheaper and has big play. upside if targeted more by manning.

Veteran

Re: Devin Thomas Another Speed GEM on our WR corps

yea i think if given a chance he could make plays.

Where did Devin Thomas come from? Did we pick him up from another team?

[quote user="JJC7301"]Where did Devin Thomas come from? Did we pick him up from another team?[/quote]
    He was drafted pretty high by the foreskins, destroyed us one game, got cut, played a game for Carolina, got cut, and we picked him up

[quote user="JJC7301"]Where did Devin Thomas come from? Did we pick him up from another team?[/quote]

Devin Thomas was the early second round pick from Washington. He and first round bust Michael Clayton were both picked up last year when all the receivers were hurt.

[quote user="CRUZ12BLUE80"]If you rewatch the hail mary pass devin thomas runs so fast he out beats MM, Cruz and Nicks(though he made the catch) to the end zone. Blazing fast, is he still our gunner on ST's? If MM doesn't resign i think Cruz, Nicks, Devin Thomas may come cheaper and has big play. upside if targeted more by manning.*
    [/quote]

I think the hail mary was intended to go to nicks while cruz paces himself at a slower speed to keep his db Back enough not to interfere with nicks jump ball. They use thomas speed to get to the Back endzone to confuse the saftey.... But yeah.. Thomas was a burner with great size coming out of college

Bench Player

Hmmm, I think Jernnigan may be the fastest of them all........but he's also the most slippery fingers of them all lol

Bench Player

Unless Cruz,Nicks,or Manningham dont play you will not see Thomas making big plays. He had chances, granted he didnt have a great QB to throw to him but if we cut him tomorrow I wouldnt even notice. Now watch...He'll make some huge play for us this week...HaHa...your welcome fans...HaHa!!!

[quote user="nybeatmaker"]Hmmm, I think Jernnigan may be the fastest of them all........but he's also the most slippery fingers of them all lol
    [/quote]
    Hasn't JJ been much better since preseason? He's been handling a lot of the kick returns, I believe.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="nybeatmaker"]Hmmm, I think Jernnigan may be the fastest of them all........but he's also the most slippery fingers of them all lol
    [/quote]
    Hasn't JJ been much better since preseason? He's been handling a lot of the kick returns, I believe.[/quote]
    Our return game has sucked since Hixon tore his ACL last year. He came back and it was a little better, but since he got hurt, we've sucked at returning the ball, So much so that every time the ball is punted to us, I worry about the guy muffing it or fumbling it. That's where we are going to lose.