+ Reply to Thread

GB Tailgate - Blue Everywhere (Pics and Vids)

Below aresome pics and video links from the tailgate this past weekend. I promised a bunch of MB members we met up with that I'd post them. I had an awesome time....thanksto everyone who stopped by and truly made it feel like a GIANTS STADIUM tailgate......would've posted earlier but the drive home sapped all my energy.....couldn't imagine what the trek would've been like had the Packers won....

Pics:

Vids:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/n...yoff/137389078

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SnhsLavz0

My sister got some goodin stadium vids of the"Let's go Giants!" chants and the players coming off the field.....will post them later.

Re: GB Tailgate - Blue Everywhere (Pics and Vids)

That's awesome. If I were going to go to one stadium other than Giants stadium, I would go to Green Bay aka Title Town.

How was the experience? How was the stadium, the fans, and the town itself?

And how incredible was it to be a fan watching your team dismantle a 15-1 defending SB champ in front of 77,000 adoring eyes? Were Pack fans gracious in defeat?

AWESOME STUFF! Thanks for sharing!

[quote user="JJC7301"]That's awesome. If I were going to go to one stadium other than Giants stadium, I would go to Green Bay aka Title Town. How was the experience? How was the stadium, the fans, and the town itself? And how incredible was it to be a fan watching your team dismantle a 15-1 defending SB champ in front of 77,000 adoring eyes? Were Pack fans gracious in defeat?[/quote]

Place was amazing and the people were even better. Got there around 10am, lots opened at 11:15am....we were one of the first people in. Before we could start unpacking GB fans were coming up and welcoming us.....they were infatuated with the NY license plates. The Packer tailgate crew next to us even gave us an extra platter of sandwiches they had. We in turn offered them fried twinkies and oreos.....it was hysterical they had never heard of them before. I think they're now hooked. The worst thing anyone said all day was "Go back to Jersey.....you stink...." that was it......99.9% of the fans were downright awesome.

Stadium isvery nostalgic, as expected, the bleacher seating takes some getting used to as you literally have to squeeze your butt into your seat and are rubbing elbows with your neighbors which would be an issue in any other NFL stadium but the Packers fans are all class.....they (everyone in our section)even agreed that the Rodgers late hit was complete BS. I tried to keep it tame in celebration throughout the game so as to not rub it in but the Manningham TD happened right in front of us and my buddy, sister and Ifinally let loose a bit....we were the onlyones standing in our section celebrating as it finally set in they were gonna win.We had to personally set some other Giants fans straight as they were talking complete beligerant smack towards the tail end of game at Packers fans which was uncalled for.....they realizedthey werein the wrong andcleaned it up.

BEERS WERE ONLY $6.50AT LAMBEAU....made the trip worth it right there....

Town around the stadium on gameday is jumping and there's alot going on....the night before not so much. After the game Packers fans were approaching us both in and outside the stadium and offering congratulations, kind words and wishing us luck.....it's amazing how much they HATE Brett Favre.....didn't find one fan who would defend him.....

All in all a phenomenal experience which I would recommend checking out whether it be a Giants game or not.

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

[quote user="JJC7301"]That's awesome. If I were going to go to one stadium other than Giants stadium, I would go to Green Bay aka Title Town. How was the experience? How was the stadium, the fans, and the town itself? And how incredible was it to be a fan watching your team dismantle a 15-1 defending SB champ in front of 77,000 adoring eyes? Were Pack fans gracious in defeat?[/quote]

Place was amazing and the people were even better. Got there around 10am, lots opened at 11:15am....we were one of the first people in. Before we could start unpacking GB fans were coming up and welcoming us.....they were infatuated with the NY license plates. The Packer tailgate crew next to us even gave us an extra platter of sandwiches they had. We in turn offered them fried twinkies and oreos.....it was hysterical they had never heard of them before. I think they're now hooked. The worst thing anyone said all day was "Go back to Jersey.....you stink...." that was it......99.9% of the fans were downright awesome.

Stadium isvery nostalgic, as expected, the bleacher seating takes some getting used to as you literally have to squeeze your butt into your seat and are rubbing elbows with your neighbors which would be an issue in any other NFL stadium but the Packers fans are all class.....they (everyone in our section)even agreed that the Rodgers late hit was complete BS. I tried to keep it tame in celebration throughout the game so as to not rub it in but the Manningham TD happened right in front of us and my buddy, sister and Ifinally let loose a bit....we were the onlyones standing in our section celebrating as it finally set in they were gonna win.We had to personally set some other Giants fans straight as they were talking complete beligerant smack towards the tail end of game at Packers fans which was uncalled for.....they realizedthey werein the wrong andcleaned it up.

BEERS WERE ONLY $6.50AT LAMBEAU....made the trip worth it right there....

Town around the stadium on gameday is jumping and there's alot going on....the night before not so much. After the game Packers fans were approaching us both in and outside the stadium and offering congratulations, kind words and wishing us luck.....it's amazing how much they HATE Brett Favre.....didn't find one fan who would defend him.....

All in all a phenomenal experience which I would recommend checking out whether it be a Giants game or not.

[/quote]

Ok, you've convinced me. I must make the drive up there next year. Sounds like a blast. Last couple of years I've been making my way to drivable stadiums such as FedEx field, and next year Baltimore. I wonder how long it is to drive there. Should be a blast.

Thanks for the story. Sounds like some classy fans.

Scoops

This is sweet. Going to san fran?