+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

Re: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

Cb/DT & LB.....
    TT off of IR & a FA....Webster will be getting close to 30 & making big $$$...prince,we don't know yet, & we've seen how bad our DB depth looks (besides eagles game)...
    DT, canty is overpaid,Joseph we don't know what were dealing with yet, & Austin will be off of IR & 2 years out of football....
    LB, kiwi is a DE, we need a legit full-time SLB....& goff straight off IR and average at best even when healthy, Jones we don't know what we have in him either..

1.BPA
    2.BPA

cause that's what we do

[quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
    2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
    mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA 2.BPA cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
    mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
    [/quote]

+!

The Giants definitely factor need into the equation but I don't think that they go into a draft targeting certain positions in the first two rounds. That's a good way to have a bad draft . . . . .

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
    2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need** When we got KP for instance* Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft* WR was a must

*I think it'll be a
    mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2*** I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1** So basically i'd say* Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes* Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
    [/quote]true but I highly doubt they'd pass on a Jeffery or Floyd regardless of how our wr corps does. Not saying they'll be there just saying while your right about need bein a factor I think bpa has been their main focus or else we would have taken a lbr within the last 3 years early

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
    2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
    [/quote]

I've been saying that every NFL team's number 1 need is talent. Go BPA and it will fill a need eventually.

JPP was an absolute luxury pick that they never expected to fall to 15, but you could justify it with "osi and Kiwi might both wind up leaving"... but at the time, it was a luxury.

Fast forward to right after week 3, and Osi is dinged up and may wind up missing a week or two, and Kiwi goes down for the year. Osi plays out of his mind, but DE suddenly becomes a need, and having a player like JPP at 4th on your depth chart is a good problem to have.

Who knows who will fall or why. If the Giants are picking in the 20's, They might have Travis Lewis and Burfict to pick between, and maybe have to pick between Dwayne Allen and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd...

BPA all the way

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
    2.BPA

I think it'll be a
    [/quote]

I've been saying that every NFL team's number 1 need is talent. Go BPA and it will fill a need eventually.

JPP was an absolute luxury pick that they never expected to fall to 15, but you could justify it with "osi and Kiwi might both wind up leaving"... but at the time, it was a luxury.

Fast forward to right after week 3, and Osi is dinged up and may wind up missing a week or two, and Kiwi goes down for the year. Osi plays out of his mind, but DE suddenly becomes a need, and having a player like JPP at 4th on your depth chart is a good problem to have.

Who knows who will fall or why. If the Giants are picking in the 20's, They might have Travis Lewis and Burfict to pick between, and maybe have to pick between Dwayne Allen and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd...

BPA all the way
    [/quote]

I agree we will pick almost entirely BPA(maybe slight need factored in.)

However, that also makes boring conversation for threads.

Maybe the best way to title this topic would be "what do you think our biggest need will be going into the draft" because otherwise , your going to have 100 people respond "BPA' then brag about being right come draft day. Its not exactly prophetic, even if it is right. Its akin to saying we will have Blue and red in our uniform next year. We all know its going to happen.

Speaking of need, I still think RB is going to be a big need next year. BJ turns 30 this offseason and both he and AB have already been playing in this league and taken enough pounding to say they are on the downside. Its safe to say we are 1-2 years from needing a new starting RB and Scott, despite a couple nice preseason run vs extreme backups isnt proven yet. However, I doubt we go RB in round 1.

im a notre dame fan and i think their is alot of players that would fit good with what we need..i dont know how many of you follow college ball..but malcom floyd would be an absolute beast reciever for us especially in the redzone...manti teo plays lb and is one of the best in the country..some solid oline men also..i like the way our lbs are playings right now especially williams and boley but i still feel like we can use that one impact LB so ill say teo

[quote user="smashndash715"]im a notre dame fan and i think their is alot of players that would fit good with what we need..i dont know how many of you follow college ball..but malcom floyd would be an absolute beast reciever for us especially in the redzone...manti teo plays lb and is one of the best in the country..some solid oline men also..i like the way our lbs are playings right now especially williams and boley but i still feel like we can use that one impact LB so ill say teo[/quote]

and i meant micheal floyd not malcom lol

[quote user="smashndash715"]im a notre dame fan and i think their is alot of players that would fit good with what we need..i dont know how many of you follow college ball..but malcom floyd would be an absolute beast reciever for us especially in the redzone...manti teo plays lb and is one of the best in the country..some solid oline men also..i like the way our lbs are playings right now especially williams and boley but i still feel like we can use that one impact LB so ill say teo[/quote]

I'm a Michigan fan but I've liked Floyd since he was a freshman when Golden Tate was there and I would love to have Manti Te'o on the Giants

+ Reply to Thread