+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

Veteran

Re: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

I'd personally go CB on the first & Guard/tackle or DE in the second

[quote user="NYGJayPro81"][quote user="smashndash715"]im a notre dame fan and i think their is alot of players that would fit good with what we need..i dont know how many of you follow college ball..but malcom floyd would be an absolute beast reciever for us especially in the redzone...manti teo plays lb and is one of the best in the country..some solid oline men also..i like the way our lbs are playings right now especially williams and boley but i still feel like we can use that one impact LB so ill say teo[/quote]

I'm a Michigan fan but I've liked Floyd since he was a freshman when Golden Tate was there and I would love to have Manti Te'o on the Giants[/quote]

congrats on the win this year..denard robinson hurt my heart with that one against us lol..yea i love teo..i like burfict from arizona state also but people say hes dirty i just think he plays real hard and hes passionate

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"]DE and CB.

We move on from T2 and have to draft another corner and sign someone. You need four good corners in my opinion.

DE for the same reasons Lawl mentioned above.[/quote]

I disagree we move on from T2, but I suppose we'll see

[quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="NYGJayPro81"][quote user="smashndash715"]im a notre dame fan and i think their is alot of players that would fit good with what we need..i dont know how many of you follow college ball..but malcom floyd would be an absolute beast reciever for us especially in the redzone...manti teo plays lb and is one of the best in the country..some solid oline men also..i like the way our lbs are playings right now especially williams and boley but i still feel like we can use that one impact LB so ill say teo[/quote]

I'm a Michigan fan but I've liked Floyd since he was a freshman when Golden Tate was there and I would love to have Manti Te'o on the Giants[/quote]

congrats on the win this year..denard robinson hurt my heart with that one against us lol..yea i love teo..i like burfict from arizona state also but people say hes dirty i just think he plays real hard and hes passionate[/quote]

Thanks...I haven't seen Burfict play, but I like Paul Vassallo from Arizona

BPA for Pick 1 and 2 from these positions: TE, RT, LB,WR, S

We could use a stud TE.

A RT to speel Kareem would be nice for the future.

Hell, we all know we could use a monster at linebacker preferably a Mike and this years draft is full of them: Dontae Hightower, Luke Keuchly, mantiTe'O, and Vontaze Burflict.

We are pretty decent at WR and S, however.... If the is a stud WR available I don't see JR passing him up if he is the BPA. As for safety, we have Rolle, but this is probably Grant's last year, and Kenny just isn't Kenny. There is a reason JR drafted Chad Jones. Maybe we find a game changing S in this years draft.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
    2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
    mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
    [/quote]

I've been saying that every NFL team's number 1 need is talent. Go BPA and it will fill a need eventually.

JPP was an absolute luxury pick that they never expected to fall to 15, but you could justify it with "osi and Kiwi might both wind up leaving"... but at the time, it was a luxury.

Fast forward to right after week 3, and Osi is dinged up and may wind up missing a week or two, and Kiwi goes down for the year. Osi plays out of his mind, but DE suddenly becomes a need, and having a player like JPP at 4th on your depth chart is a good problem to have.

Who knows who will fall or why. If the Giants are picking in the 20's, They might have Travis Lewis and Burfict to pick between, and maybe have to pick between Dwayne Allen and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd...

BPA all the way
    [/quote] nah we had a idea it could be JPP with the pick as it was published in numerous draft sites and papers that Coughlin had gone down to see em at S FLa Proday plus we had him up here and with us all ready signing Antrel Rolle it kinda took any chance of Earl Thomas off the board and JPP has the highest UPside and there really wasen't another guy other then Iupati who was a G and chances were slim we'd go G that early I actually was one of very few who believed in JPP and his ability and that he wouldent be horrible after really studying any little bit of film and readings i could find on him

I wasen't so worried about him needing alot of time like other raw players because of how quickly he adapted to football in general and right away he was good at S FLA and we knew his motor ran high and he was a hustle player who worked hard

I agree with your BPA theory as long as its not a total non need which in the NFL how often is that really true anyway??lol Things turn into needs quicklylol I could see Dwayne Allen in the mid twenties right now after WK 4 and are 3-1 start Hopefully we play well down the stretch but it will be tough so lets see if we drop or stay in the twenties area and as a playoff team
    Needless to say I hope were picking dead last in RD 1 LOL

The more I look at things, LB & CB seem to have alot of value in the 1st of 2012....BPA & filling a need, I can see use picking either....SLB is being filled by a DE.....and CB, TT fresh off IR, Webster is going to be making big $$$, and we don't know what we have yet with prince..

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
    2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
    mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
    [/quote]

I've been saying that every NFL team's number 1 need is talent. Go BPA and it will fill a need eventually.

JPP was an absolute luxury pick that they never expected to fall to 15, but you could justify it with "osi and Kiwi might both wind up leaving"... but at the time, it was a luxury.

Fast forward to right after week 3, and Osi is dinged up and may wind up missing a week or two, and Kiwi goes down for the year. Osi plays out of his mind, but DE suddenly becomes a need, and having a player like JPP at 4th on your depth chart is a good problem to have.

Who knows who will fall or why. If the Giants are picking in the 20's, They might have Travis Lewis and Burfict to pick between, and maybe have to pick between Dwayne Allen and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd...

BPA all the way
    [/quote]

I agree we will pick almost entirely BPA(maybe slight need factored in.)

However, that also makes boring conversation for threads.

Maybe the best way to title this topic would be "what do you think our biggest need will be going into the draft" because otherwise , your going to have 100 people respond "BPA' then brag about being right come draft day. Its not exactly prophetic, even if it is right. Its akin to saying we will have Blue and red in our uniform next year. We all know its going to happen.

Speaking of need, I still think RB is going to be a big need next year. BJ turns 30 this offseason and both he and AB have already been playing in this league and taken enough pounding to say they are on the downside. Its safe to say we are 1-2 years from needing a new starting RB and Scott, despite a couple nice preseason run vs extreme backups isnt proven yet. However, I doubt we go RB in round 1.
    [/quote]idc about being prophetic i care about informing the op how our FO operates which is bpa(1) and need (2). i think nyc made a valid point that if its a player of need and he is near the bpa they target him. so with those 2 factors i will go out on a limb and say if we are picking low

1.te(a lot of great te's in this draft)
    2.oline (unless diehl picks it up this kid is gone and baas hasnt impressed)

if we are picking low, reverse. cb is also a strong consideration

[quote user="allentown PA"]I keep going back and fourth with WR or DE...Idk...what do u guys think and why?[/quote]

offensive line and TE maybe DL just based on the fact that we are the giants lol but we have some yound guys coming back on the DL next year like Austin and JPP takes over full time starter opposite of tuck regaurdless is osi is still here or not

Bench Player

Finally another Gaint fan who think the Offensive Line and TE should be our top priority. A big receiver would be next but at least 6"4/6"5 to help Nicks, Manningham and Cruz.

+ Reply to Thread