+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

Re: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

lamichael james if he goes to the draft

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
    2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
    mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
    [/quote]

I've been saying that every NFL team's number 1 need is talent. Go BPA and it will fill a need eventually.

JPP was an absolute luxury pick that they never expected to fall to 15, but you could justify it with "osi and Kiwi might both wind up leaving"... but at the time, it was a luxury.

Fast forward to right after week 3, and Osi is dinged up and may wind up missing a week or two, and Kiwi goes down for the year. Osi plays out of his mind, but DE suddenly becomes a need, and having a player like JPP at 4th on your depth chart is a good problem to have.

Who knows who will fall or why. If the Giants are picking in the 20's, They might have Travis Lewis and Burfict to pick between, and maybe have to pick between Dwayne Allen and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd...

BPA all the way
    [/quote]

I agree we will pick almost entirely BPA(maybe slight need factored in.)

However, that also makes boring conversation for threads.

Maybe the best way to title this topic would be "what do you think our biggest need will be going into the draft" because otherwise , your going to have 100 people respond "BPA' then brag about being right come draft day. Its not exactly prophetic, even if it is right. Its akin to saying we will have Blue and red in our uniform next year. We all know its going to happen.

Speaking of need, I still think RB is going to be a big need next year. BJ turns 30 this offseason and both he and AB have already been playing in this league and taken enough pounding to say they are on the downside. Its safe to say we are 1-2 years from needing a new starting RB and Scott, despite a couple nice preseason run vs extreme backups isnt proven yet. However, I doubt we go RB in round 1.
    [/quote]idc about being prophetic i care about informing the op how our FO operates which is bpa(1) and need (2). i think nyc made a valid point that if its a player of need and he is near the bpa they target him. so with those 2 factors i will go out on a limb and say if we are picking low

1.te(a lot of great te's in this draft)
    2.oline (unless diehl picks it up this kid is gone and baas hasnt impressed)

if we are picking low, reverse. cb is also a strong consideration
    [/quote]

So why even post at all? BPA is ALWAYS the answer with the Giants.

This is a discussion about needs, saying "BPA" is correct and pointless to say. People want to discuss needs and players, let them.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
    2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
    mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
    [/quote]

I've been saying that every NFL team's number 1 need is talent. Go BPA and it will fill a need eventually.

JPP was an absolute luxury pick that they never expected to fall to 15, but you could justify it with "osi and Kiwi might both wind up leaving"... but at the time, it was a luxury.

Fast forward to right after week 3, and Osi is dinged up and may wind up missing a week or two, and Kiwi goes down for the year. Osi plays out of his mind, but DE suddenly becomes a need, and having a player like JPP at 4th on your depth chart is a good problem to have.

Who knows who will fall or why. If the Giants are picking in the 20's, They might have Travis Lewis and Burfict to pick between, and maybe have to pick between Dwayne Allen and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd...

BPA all the way
    [/quote]

I agree we will pick almost entirely BPA(maybe slight need factored in.)

However, that also makes boring conversation for threads.

Maybe the best way to title this topic would be "what do you think our biggest need will be going into the draft" because otherwise , your going to have 100 people respond "BPA' then brag about being right come draft day. Its not exactly prophetic, even if it is right. Its akin to saying we will have Blue and red in our uniform next year. We all know its going to happen.

Speaking of need, I still think RB is going to be a big need next year. BJ turns 30 this offseason and both he and AB have already been playing in this league and taken enough pounding to say they are on the downside. Its safe to say we are 1-2 years from needing a new starting RB and Scott, despite a couple nice preseason run vs extreme backups isnt proven yet. However, I doubt we go RB in round 1.
    [/quote]idc about being prophetic i care about informing the op how our FO operates which is bpa(1) and need (2). i think nyc made a valid point that if its a player of need and he is near the bpa they target him. so with those 2 factors i will go out on a limb and say if we are picking low

1.te(a lot of great te's in this draft)
    2.oline (unless diehl picks it up this kid is gone and baas hasnt impressed)

if we are picking low, reverse. cb is also a strong consideration
    [/quote]

So why even post at all? BPA is ALWAYS the answer with the Giants.

This is a discussion about needs, saying "BPA" is correct and pointless to say. People want to discuss needs and players, let them.
    [/quote]wtf? where did i not let anybody discuss anything? if thats what ppl want to discuss then fine i have no problem with that. he asked what positions do we target in the first 2 rounds. well we dont TARGET any positions that i know of so i answered correctly. then after your last post i decided to play by your rules and said te and oline, maybe CB but evidently that wasnt good enough answer either.

I think the way this season is going Left Tackle may become a target in the first...also can never rule out DE

Oline,LB,WR,CB are possible positions of need & would also be BPA.....I don't think there's any rbs other than richardson.....don't think any Safeties or TEs will go in the 1st....there could be a few DTs or DEs...

1. OL, preferably tackle. They wanted Solder until NE scooped him up at 18. Beatty is decent but Mack is getting up there. Finding a true LT that can protect Eli's blindside for the remainder of his career would be great.

2 CB. TT is not guaranteed to return due to his contract and his injury. Even if he does he may not be at full speed. If he isn't he can move to S since they use a lot of 3 safety looks. Ross is playing well enough but he is in a contract year as well. With teams like GB, NE, NO and even BUF spreading things out and chucking it all over the lot having a lot of cover guys is a good thing.

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]1. OL, preferably tackle. They wanted Solder until NE scooped him up at 18. Beatty is decent but Mack is getting up there. Finding a true LT that can protect Eli's blindside for the remainder of his career would be great.

2 CB. TT is not guaranteed to return due to his contract and his injury. Even if he does he may not be at full speed. If he isn't he can move to S since they use a lot of 3 safety looks. Ross is playing well enough but he is in a contract year as well. With teams like GB, NE, NO and even BUF spreading things out and chucking it all over the lot having a lot of cover guys is a good thing.[/quote] I gotta Feeling James Brewer is gonna land one of the starting Tackle jobs down the line I definetly think a GUARD is needed or a Center with Baas going back to GUARD Depending on where we pick in RD 1 It would not surprise me on bit to see mike brewster C ohio st or David Decastro G Stanford as the selection As long as were at least in the 20's Tackle would not surprise me if say a guy like matt reynolds T BYU was on the board in say RD 2 because of the Value but i just have a feeling its the Interior of the Oline we will focus on more then anything Beatty is getting better by the week and we got big Brewer doing what beatty did which is learn and then take a job over We could use a Tackle for the Bench though

I would trade Osi for a second. And draft an OT, OG, TE.

WHEN YOUR PICKIN 32ND WHO CARES.

Bench Player

I'm was called out for my answer in a previous posted, but I still think our biggest need is Offensive Line help and Secondary.

We have young LBers and don't need more rookies, maybe a veteran or see what happens to our injured players Geoff /Stintum. Terrel Thomas might take a year to fully recover. We are with receivers if Manningham leaves, Barden is ready.

We can find other pieces in the later rounds 3rd - 7th!!

+ Reply to Thread