+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

Veteran

Re: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense.

Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT.

Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC
    Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama
    Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon
    Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci

Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year.

About having the 32nd pick....Your lips to God's ears.

If it was mentioned, I missed it, but what about a stud RB. Everyone has been screaming that Jacobs must go, (not me) and Bradshaw, God lovem, is running on two badly damaged feet.I know we Ware and Scott, but is that enough?

wouldnt mind getting trent richardson in the 1st...depends where we pick though...think we could use Oline help as well.

[quote user="Spizi"]Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense.

Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT.

Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC
    Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama
    Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon
    Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci

Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year.[/quote] I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed I don't know about Barron though Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense. Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT. Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year.[/quote] I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed I don't know about Barron though Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4
    [/quote]Barrons tape is better this year. Last year he had a lot of trouble in coverage but this year not so much. Still I know what your saying. Your almost better going with the quicker hipped safety like Martin with how teams throw the ball

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense. Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT. Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year.[/quote] I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack*** I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed*** I don't know about Barron though** Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated*** I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe* we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4
    [/quote]Barrons tape is better this year. Last year he had a lot of trouble in coverage but this year not so much. Still I know what your saying. Your almost better going with the quicker hipped safety like Martin with how teams throw the ball[/quote]

True. Honestly though the more I think about it If Richardson is there in the first we have to take him don't we? If our running game continues to look anything like it did the first 11 weeks I would have to say yes.

When you play bama you're sole focus is to stop Trent and no one has really been able to do that. He's the kind of back that can make something out of nothing and is truly a complete back.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense. Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT. Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year.[/quote] I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed I don't know about Barron though Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4
    [/quote]Barrons tape is better this year. Last year he had a lot of trouble in coverage but this year not so much. Still I know what your saying. Your almost better going with the quicker hipped safety like Martin with how teams throw the ball[/quote]

True. Honestly though the more I think about it If Richardson is there in the first we have to take him don't we? If our running game continues to look anything like it did the first 11 weeks I would have to say yes.

When you play bama you're sole focus is to stop Trent and no one has really been able to do that. He's the kind of back that can make something out of nothing and is truly a complete back.[/quote]

I love trent, I really do. But, I dunno if it is a smart pick for us to go RB 1st. We have more holes to fill than past years not only because we have a lot of starters going to free agency this year but guys coming off injury will be question marks on top of some aging guys. Therefor, I think Runningback, which is a deep class this year, is something we can address in mid round 2-4 and still get a quality guy who will help immediately.

RB aside, we still have glaring needs along the Oline, DBs, DT, LB and TE.

Oline is self explanatory. It is thin and aging.

Dbs beause we have 2 Cbs going to free agency and several guys coming off season ending injuries.

DT because we lack depth, Marvin Austin hasnt played football in 2 years and is coming off an injury. Bernard is likely only even playing this year because we got so thin we had to resign him. He is likely done after this year.

LB is still a point of weakness. Goff is coming off injury and the young guys have worked hard but Im not sure yet they have what it takes to be more than special teamers.

TE because Pascoe just isnt a good TE. We need depth to along with Ballard.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]Uh after watching the Giants this whole season I think its safe to say that not only the first 2 rounds, but the whole draft should be defense. Once Tuck comes back healthy next year and we draft a linebacker, we will be set a DE with JPP Tuck, and Kiwi. We also need a safety, CBs, and a DT. Round 1- Zach Brown LB, UNC Round 2- Mark Barron S, Bama Round 3- Cliff Harris CB, Oregon Round 4- Isaiah Pead RB, Cinci Add Carl Nicks in FA to solidify the online and you have a drastically better team next year.[/quote] I was just thinking about Cliff Harris and how he'd help with the SPeed aspect that our Secondary seems to lack*** I'd love to see Zach Brown as the pick as well because again Overall team speed*** I don't know about Barron though** Hes not my favorite player at the positon and seems a bit overrated*** I'd rather a guy like markelle martin or maybe* we can wait and get Delano Howell in RD 4

When you play bama you're sole focus is to stop Trent and no one has really been able to do that. He's the kind of back that can make something out of nothing and is truly a complete back.[/quote]

I love trent, I really do. But, I dunno if it is a smart pick for us to go RB 1st. We have more holes to fill than past years not only because we have a lot of starters going to free agency this year but guys coming off injury will be question marks on top of some aging guys. Therefor, I think Runningback, which is a deep class this year, is something we can address in mid round 2-4 and still get a quality guy who will help immediately.

RB aside, we still have glaring needs along the Oline, DBs, DT, LB and TE.

Oline is self explanatory. It is thin and aging.

Dbs beause we have 2 Cbs going to free agency and several guys coming off season ending injuries.

DT because we lack depth, Marvin Austin hasnt played football in 2 years and is coming off an injury. Bernard is likely only even playing this year because we got so thin we had to resign him. He is likely done after this year.

LB is still a point of weakness. Goff is coming off injury and the young guys have worked hard but Im not sure yet they have what it takes to be more than special teamers.

TE because Pascoe just isnt a good TE. We need depth to along with Ballard.
    [/quote]

Yea i agree with you. We do have a lot of weaknesses but If Trent was there I think we might take him. He's a top 5 talent in the draft and we should be picking in the high teens. Most likely we won't have to worry about this because he should be long gone.

Veteran

Call me crazy but i would like to address WR, and RB as nicks is great he's slightly injury prone imho although his injuries don't keep him out long its the fact that their lingering that bothers me and with the way eli has elevated his game why not give him more weapons and competetition for the other Wide outs to improve.

And RB cause lets be honest bradshaw is a beast but his run still is damaging to his feet and how long is he going to last running the way he is, Jacobs is great when the line is available to block im not sold on ware yet. we need an every down back i wish we were in position to get richardson but i know hes like a top 10 talent and we wont be picking anywhere near top 10

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran

[quote user="rainierjef"]

Call me crazy but i would like to address WR, and RB as nicks is great he's slightly injury prone imho although his injuries don't keep him out long its the fact that their lingering that bothers me and with the way eli has elevated his game why not give him more weapons and competetition for the other Wide outs to improve.

And RB cause lets be honest bradshaw is a beast but his run still is damaging to his feet and how long is he going to last running the way he is, Jacobs is great when the line is available to block im not sold on ware yet. we need an every down back i wish we were in position to get richardson but i know hes like a top 10 talent and we wont be picking anywhere near top 10

[/quote]

I'm all for adding more offensive weapons because you can never have enough but it's obvious that our needs are on the defensive side of the ball. We have a top 5 passing offense and a bottom 5 rushing offense. That is why I would take a runningback before I would take a wr.

+ Reply to Thread