+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

Re: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

[quote user="rainierjef"]

Call me crazy but i would like to address WR, and RB as nicks is great he's slightly injury prone imho although his injuries don't keep him out long its the fact that their lingering that bothers me and with the way eli has elevated his game why not give him more weapons and competetition for the other Wide outs to improve.

And RB cause lets be honest bradshaw is a beast but his run still is damaging to his feet and how long is he going to last running the way he is, Jacobs is great when the line is available to block im not sold on ware yet. we need an every down back i wish we were in position to get richardson but i know hes like a top 10 talent and we wont be picking anywhere near top 10

[/quote]Assuming we addres our LB problem I'm %100 with you....nowadays you got to have at least 4 good WRs...nicks is injury prone,H.A.M can be very inconsistent & what if we found ourselves losing him unexpected like boss??....Cruz has been great,but I think we'd all agree it'll take another season t be %100 sold, around the league every year we see guys put up monster years and then disappear.....the fact that Jernigan hasn't seen the field isn't promising,Barden I'm not sold on.......
    RB, Bradshaw & Jacobs are hurt every year, and Jacobs replacement needs to be thought of now, he's going to be 30 & making alot of $$$

All-Pro

As of right now our starting RT next year is who? Brewer?

Well depending on what happens in free agency, I think O-line and LB, specifically Sam backer, should be targeted in the first 2 rds.

But I think CB should be looked at (Ross and Thomas are FAs and Thomas is coming off his 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee)

With our RB situations(Bradshaw's ankle/foot issues and Jacobs possibly not being a Giant next year) I would not mind seeing someone like Ball or Polk as a Giant next year.

Ballard has exceeded expectations in my opinion, but I would like another compliment at TE for the Giants---the Beckum experiment is not working out.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="rainierjef"]

Call me crazy but i would like to address WR, and RB as nicks is great he's slightly injury prone imho although his injuries don't keep him out long its the fact that their lingering that bothers me and with the way eli has elevated his game why not give him more weapons and competetition for the other Wide outs to improve.

And RB cause lets be honest bradshaw is a beast but his run still is damaging to his feet and how long is he going to last running the way he is, Jacobs is great when the line is available to block im not sold on ware yet. we need an every down back i wish we were in position to get richardson but i know hes like a top 10 talent and we wont be picking anywhere near top 10

[/quote]

draft as many weapons as you want, but if eli aint getting protected, no one gets the ball! we dnt need to spend a 1st rd pick on WR or rb. We have way more needs..

Bench Player

i would love a top RB and OL.
    Lamar Miller and Peter Konz if we can get them.
    We can sign a FA TE like Olsen or Fasano and make Ballard a backup.

[quote user="deekay7685"]i would love a top RB and OL. Lamar Miller and Peter Konz if we can get them. We can sign a FA TE like Olsen or Fasano and make Ballard a backup.[/quote]

1) Fasano isnt a FA until 2013

2) Question...Why would you bench a younger Ballard whois younger andis having a better year thenOlsen? And most likely will want a payday after this year..

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

Besides QB U can justify anything.

Center-Baas sux

LG -Diehl sux

OT-Beatty injury prone Mckenzie FA

WR- Manningham FA,Barden hasnt done enough with his snaps

TE-Ballard is Ok but another guy is needed

RB-Jacobs sux,Bradshaw injury prone and slow

CB
    Webster is a starter but makes to much money.
    Amukumara- has been terrible but Im willing to give him a pass but it doesnt look good

Thomas is a FA and coming off a really bad injury

Ross -FA and is worth keeping if they can pay him what he is a 4th corner

Safety

Phillips- Better then I expected this season but not above being upgraded

Rolle-Average safety making ridiculous money.Supposedly a team leader.Maybe its why this team lacks leadership because thats a guy leading him.Id cut his ***

Grant-Finished.Only a box safety back up

DT

Linval- First season starting takes on Double teams well isnt on the level of Coefield though.Willing to wait on him

Canty-Overrated overpaid cut him

Austin-Has now not played in 2 years.I actually will be amazed if he isnt a bust

DE

Osi-needs to be traded

Tuck-Always playing hurt

JPP-Stud best 4-3 end in Football by next season

Tolly-Solid depth

LB

WLB- Boley ,Williams,Paysinger- Good group I think

SOLB-Kiwi should be playing defensive end and will be again I believe after Osi is shipped out

MLB-Goff- Hopefully comes back strong, Greg Jones-I wasnt sold on Jones at draft time I think its obvious why he fell, Herzlich-played better then Jones

Bench Player

My opinion of what we need we should do in the draft.

1st OL
    2nd LB
    3rd RB
    Rest of draft Best player available

Bench Player

needs:

OL
    RB
    TE
    SLB

For depth:
    OL
    MLB
    CB
    DL
    KR

+ Reply to Thread