+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Give me your reasons why the Giants will win...put some thought into Gmen fans!!!!!

I dont really know why they will win, but as a fan of this team and an ex FB player I can honestly say that some times a team just plays on a high, and they ride it. Tip balls go your way, a fumble that bounces perfectly, a blown coverage, or a close your eyes pass that some how gets caught. Sometimes we cant explain it in football terms. sometimes a team and I hate to say it but they just play like they BELIEVE more than the other team.

Veteran

Re: Give me your reasons why the Giants will win...put some thought into Gmen fans!!!!!

1) Gints are on a bigtime roll.

2) Eli, Nicks Cruz, Manningham (together among the best receiving core in the league IMHO).

3) Tuck, Osi, JPP, Boley.

4) Rolle and Grant

No team in the final 4 has mad skilz on both sides of the ball that we have, and the momentum that we have.

Nobody wants to play the Gints right now - no matter what they say.

Bench Player

Re: Give me your reasons why the Giants will win...put some thought into Gmen fans!!!!!

Give it up for Tom C. He has once again brought this team together. With all the injuries we had, he has done an awesome job. If he wins the SB do we say Move over Parcells, thanks for the memories?

we will win....

Veteran

I'm not going to give any predictions, because I don't want to put the whammy on the team.

For the Green Bay Game, my questionwas this: How much better is the Packers Offense than the Giant Defense? and then the flip side was also important: How much better is the Giants Offense than the Packers Defense? It turned out that the Giants offense had a much wider margin on the Packer Defense than the Packers Offense had on the Giants Defense. In fact, judging by the score, the Giants Offense and Defense both overwhelmed the Packers.

I think you can apply the same sort of question again:

Can the 49ers Defense shut down the Giants Offense?

Can the Giants Defense shut down the 49ers Offense?

I'm not going to take anything away from Alex Smith....he has definitely improved this season.

But the Giants have gone through some good teams to get here: they the Jets, Dallas (twice), the Falcons, and now the Packers. Each opponent was tougher than the last.

The Saints, outdoors and on the road, managed to hang 32 points on the 49ers, and this was even after multiple turnovers.

The Packers, at home and rested, were pretty much throttled by the Giants defense....the referees gifted them 2 TDs, otherwise it would have been more like 37-6.

Eli Manning has played great in huge games......Alex Smith is untested.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from the 49ers. But I think the Giants have a good shot in this one, if they play with the same intensity as they have shown over the past 4 weeks, and protect the ball.

DandyDon gave some great points. I will chime in with some others.

Jim Harbuaugh has given some great speeches to his 49ers - his "Mighty Men," and "Who's got it better than us?" stuff. You know what? It fueled a Cinderella regular season from a huge turn around season. That steams runs out.

The Giants are on a roll, and we are talking hitting on all cylinders on a roll. The offense is Cruzing, the D is playing with a passion and precision not seen in 3 years. Specials Teams, which was a wreck, is playing incredible.

The Giants are more experiences in the playoffs. Not only are the Giants confident, they are relaxed.

Coughlin, et al are more experienced too, and will be able to game plan better.

Eli has a clear edge over Alex Smith. Alex Smith's nerves will get rattled by the Giants pass rush, and for being on a huge stage for the first time. For Easy E, its "aww schucks" I have been here before. For Alex Smith, it is "Holy ****, I better perform, omg. Wth? Everything depends on me." Think Aaron Rodgers, MR ICeman looked out of sync? Mr Smith will be pooping little doddies when he sees MR Pierre-Paul, Mr Kiawinuka, Mr Tuck, Mr Boley, Mr. Canty, Mr Bernard, Mr Joseph, Mr Tollefson, MR Williams, and Mr Umenyiora running him down.

The Giants will rely on their running game, and Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs will have MONSTER GAMES in the INCLEMENT WEATHER and the BIG BLUE RUSHING ATTACK will amass 150+ rushing yards making the vaunted 49ers defense look down right ordinary.

The Giants defense will neutralize Frank Gore and the 49er rushing attack. Expect less than 100 yards from Mr Gore, forcing 40 attempts from Alex Smith.

Unlike other foes, the Giants have some linebackers with speed and athleticism to actually contain their TE, Vernon Davis. Jaicquian Williams and Michael Boley will antagonize Vernon Davis and limit him to less than 70 yards total on Sunday.

The Giants secondary is playing intensely physical and will impose their will on the San Francisco receivers. The Saints turned the ball over 5 times to the 49ers last weekend. INstead, it will be the 49ers turning the ball over 5 times to the Giants. I expect to see the secondary striping and ball hawking the 49ers who are supposedly the turnover creating team. This Sunday it will be us who wins the turnover battle.

The Giants will score not only on offense but get a touchdown or two from Special Teams or a defensive score.

We are on THE REVENGE TOUR and Sunday is our day of revenge for losing to the 49ers in week 10.

We are a much healthier team now than in week 10 when we faced the 49ers. The 49ers might be different as they have gained experience during the season, but we also gained experience to build on our past playoff experiences. the 49ers cannot match the experiences in the playoffs that we have on our roster or coaching staff, and we are hot and health. These are ingredients to bring the head in the clouds 49ers back to earth.

The Giants want revenge for the 2022 debacle.

The Giants are too hot, too confident, too experienced, and too well coached, and will simply impose their will on the talented and well coached 49ers because they are inexperienced in the playoffs, will be too nervous, and too sloppy to overcome Big Blue.

Final score: NY Giants 38, SF 49ers 15.

I have always liked the Giants as a GB fan. Nothing but love and respect for your team. Hope you win it all. God bless.

Giants really started to put their defense together and Manning improved as soon as they lost to the Redskins. After losing, they could not take it no more. They got the winning mentality in their heads and have improved dramatically. I used to think there was no hope for them but now they same better than they were in 07. Giants are going to beat the 49ers with the same skill they had when they beaten the Cowboys, the Falcons, and the Packers with. If they can stop Gore and Steve Smith, then the game is won by the Giants. Giants still need to improve their running game and improve special teams. We cannot afford to miss field goals. But the Giants are going to be in the Superbowl with the Patriots or the Ravens (hopefully the Patriots) and pull out a win. [<)]

Bench Player

Because they play for the best city in the world....New York City...Concrete jungle were dreams are made of, there's absolutely nothing you can't do. Down in NY, these streets will certainly make you feel brand new and of course the lights will inspire you.......LETS HERE IT FOR NY NY NEW YORK

The hottest team right now are the giants, I hope the 49ers aren't a brick in the wall.

Our defense is finally stepping up