+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giants better unload on QBs that dive head first. They didn't on Rodgers.

Something that I noticed when Rodgers was flushed out and was getting pretty big yardage on his runs every time.... The Giants were simply tagging him when he was diving head first. Rodgers never slid. It was the big dive for couple more yards and the Giant defenders simply tagged him. I wanted the Giant defenders to hit him hard because they were allowed to when he dove head first. Rodgers got too comfy with his running and I wanted him to pay the price for running and think twice.

Alex Smith can also run pretty well. I don't want to see tag when he is diving head first. Tag if he gives himself up and slided. Unload on him if he does what Rodgers did.

Re: Giants better unload on QBs that dive head first. They didn't on Rodgers.

You saw the phantom roughing call on Osi. QBs are untouchable. Why add another 15 yards in penalties?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

i must take this opportunity to point out that eli
    slid like a sissy instead of putting his head down and getting a first down during that game.
    i don't mind sliding as a general rule, but he slid 2 yards short of a first down when the closest defender was 4 yards away.
    you gotta go for it when its necessary.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

[quote user="stormblue"]i must take this opportunity to point out that eli
    slid like a sissy instead of putting his head down and getting a first down during that game.
    i don't mind sliding as a general rule, but he slid 2 yards short of a first down when the closest defender was 4 yards away.
    you gotta go for it when its necessary.[/quote]

I will take that 10 times out of 10 as opposed to sliding head first and fumbling the ball untouched, which Eli has done his entire career up to this year. We lost the first 2010 Eagles game that way and he coughed the ball up 2x on the winning Super Bowl drive.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="stormblue"]i must take this opportunity to point out that eli
    you gotta go for it when its necessary.[/quote]Why risk an injury when you're in the lead? I was mad at him on the 1st drive when he could've easily ran for the 1st down but besides that, Eli is the LAST person to criticize about the game on Sunday.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="stormblue"]i must take this opportunity to point out that eli

I will take that 10 times out of 10 as opposed to sliding head first and fumbling the ball untouched.
    [/quote]

that or getting lit up and concussed/breaking ribs at the expense of the first down.

Though I do want our own players to make opposing QBs pay when running on us, especially going headfirst...

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="stormblue"]i must take this opportunity to point out that eli

I will take that 10 times out of 10 as opposed to sliding head first and fumbling the ball untouched, which Eli has done his entire career up to this year.* We lost the first 2010 Eagles game that way and he coughed the ball up 2x on the winning Super Bowl drive.
    [/quote]I'm with you.

I agree.I certainly don't want Eli to put himself in jeopardy, but he easily could have gotten that 1st down.

Veteran

[quote user="BornLegend"][quote user="stormblue"]i must take this opportunity to point out that eli
    you gotta go for it when its necessary.[/quote]Why risk an injury when you're in the lead? I was mad at him on the 1st drive when he could've easily ran for the 1st down but besides that, Eli is the LAST person to criticize about the game on Sunday.[/quote]

It was a 3rd down for one, and it was a very tenuous lead at the time. It all worked out in the end but that very well couldve been one of those microscopic moments that really affected the game. I'd like to see Eli lower the shoulders and show that compete level while running that most QB's in the league have today, especially in the playoffs and especially when the 1st down is within reach on a 3rd down.

All-Pro

That play when Eli slid he had absolutely no chance of making a 1st down. That was a smart play and he made up some yards before the punt.