+ Reply to Thread

49ers defense waw 16th vs the pass this season.

They have the 4th overall total offense and are 1 against the rush, however I like our chances to throw on them.

We aren't exactly a great running team anyway. we mainly do it just to keep teams honest, so I'm not concerned about their run defense at all.

I also think our defense is GREATLY improved over the last time we played.

This should be one hell of a game and defensive battle.

Re: 49ers defense waw 16th vs the pass this season.

My buddy who is also a huge GB fan has a good friend he went to college with at Central Michigan. I forgot his name but he is an OL for the Niners. He told my friend that the Giants pass rush and Demarcus Ware are the toughest defensive ends he plays against.

Bench Player

Re: 49ers defense waw 16th vs the pass this season.

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]They have the 4th overall total offense and are 1 against the rush, however I like our chances to throw on them.

We aren't exactly a great running team anyway. we mainly do it just to keep teams honest, so I'm not concerned about their run defense at all.

I also think our defense is GREATLY improved over the last time we played.

This should be one hell of a game and defensive battle.[/quote]

The 49ers D is built around making teams one-dimensional. No running game forces opponents to throw the ball.

We are 16th in the pass yards defended, but I believe we are #1 in interceptions (#1 in takeaways for sure). We're also #2 in points allowed. As Bill Walsh once told Joe Montana , "Three things are going to happen when you throw the ball, two of them aren't good."