+ Reply to Thread

Eating my Crow Dry! Congrats to our Giants!

In the preseason, I said that the Giants would be an 8-8 team at best, that would miss the playoffs again. I even have the old email at my job that shows my preseason prognostications. During the season, I also thought it was time for change in the coaching ranks, whether it was Coughlin, Fewell, Gilbride or all 3.

Our team has come together at the right time. The Seahawks, and 2 Redskins losses really bothered me. But that is the past now. All I can do is look forward to Sunday vs the 49ers.

So anyone that saw my posts from the early and midseason on, feel free to post your thoughts and comments. I was wrong---and I am glad I was wrong!

Maybe I can ask for a glass of tap water to go with my dry crow?
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

All-Pro

Re: Eating my Crow Dry! Congrats to our Giants!

Heh TonyT, you got room for one more at the dinner table?

I'm sucking the marrow out of crow bones

Sprinkle on some Wisconsin cheese and wash it down with Napa Valley wine.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Veteran

I'll eat crow I guess because who cares at this point- But at the same time, this team WAS bad for awhile. It would have been crazy to think we were a great team headed to the playoffs the way the defense was playing for a lot of the season.

[quote user="jhamburg"]I'll eat crow I guess because who cares at this point- But at the same time, this team WAS bad for awhile. It would have been crazy to think we were a great team headed to the playoffs the way the defense was playing for a lot of the season.[/quote]

Agreed... There was (and probably still will be) so much wrong with Coughlin's teams -- the 2nd half record, the no-shows, the 1st round playoff exits. So much that points to bad football, going all the way back to 2004. 9-7 is not good. It's generally not a sound strategy to squeeze into the playoffs and hope you get hot.

At this point, however, it just can't account for this "magic" that strikes... It still makes me mad they can't play like this all the time. I guess we have to live with it...
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="bandwgn86"]Heh TonyT, you got room for one more at the dinner table?[/quote]there's always room at the table bandy!

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi