+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

REX RYAN Responsible for a Super Bowl In NY

just won't be the Jets. hahahahah

Ohm wrote an interesting article about how the Giants season turned around, in part, because of Rex's idiotic comments.

In reality, the one thing that was missing with the Giants this season, for the most part, that we now see every week, is passion, and to the extent Rex woke that up in our crew, I am glad.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...g-new-york-jet

Re: REX RYAN Responsible for a Super Bowl In NY

LOL. He sure does know how to motivate championship performances out of players. Just not his own.

If we are fortunate enough to go all the way, maybe Tom can get a ring made for him and drop it off in the mail at Florham Park, and wrap it in a few extra feet of black curtain for the next time he covers up the wall.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

a NYG ring for Rex would be great, we just might have to break the bank on a custom FIT.

[quote user="PASADENAPHIL"]a NYG ring for Rex would be great, we just might have to break the bank on a custom FIT.
    [/quote]

Save money and make it out of FOOL's gold.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]LOL. He sure does know how to motivate championship performances out of players. Just not his own.

If we are fortunate enough to go all the way, maybe Tom can get a ring made for him and drop it off in the mail at Florham Park, and wrap it in a few extra feet of black curtain for the next time he covers up the wall.
    [/quote]

well said.....I like it.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]LOL. He sure does know how to motivate championship performances out of players. Just not his own.

[/quote]

His fat big mouthed father had the same talent for motivating the opposition with his bountys and other nonsense. Seems fat big mouthed brother Rob too. Just goes to show you can't overcome bad genetics.

[quote user="PASADENAPHIL"]a NYG ring for Rex would be great, we just might have to break the bank on a custom FIT.
    [/quote]

Maybe we could get his wife a TOE RING...then he could really enjoy it
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

All-Pro

LOL.. This guy said we were not even the Best Team in our own City, and now we play for a shot at going to the SB.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

• However we dont want to wind up like the 09 and 10 Jets teams that just went to the CG and lost. People dont really remember who was the team in and lost the CG just the ones that make the SB.. We dont have that Rep as we are 4-0 in CGs but all of what we have done to this point will only matter if we close the deal in SF and make it to another SB. Thats what seperates us from the Jets and Philly. Teams that made the CG but could not get to the SB. Philly did it what 3or 4 times in a row with McNabb getting there and losing. lol. Jets were 1-0 prior to last couple years. I say we go to 5-0...
    • [/list]
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"]

• However we dont want to wind up like the 09 and 10 Jets teams that just went to the CG and lost. People dont really remember who was the team in and lost the CG just the ones that make the SB..

We dont have that Rep as we are 4-0 in CGs [/quote]

YOu pretty much nullified the first part of your statement with that last line.

That's ALL the Jets have to their credo since 1969 - 'making it' to the CG, but not closing the deal.

We've gone four for four and came away the champs three times.

If by some catastrophe we do lose Sunday, NO WAY will I feel we've headed down that same path because we've already proven that we can make it PAST the CG game whereas the Jets are still looking to do that since Joe Willy shook that index finger.