+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 49ers fan here...Let's talk some football...

Re: 49ers fan here...Let's talk some football...

[quote user="Sundown"]These 9ers fans are really unoriginal w their screen names and rant.[/quote]

Orly?

Seriously, I've never understood someone's need to say "Lets talk rationally!!" And then go on to trash the other team. If you're gonna troll, troll hard my friend.

On a serious note, I already stated in my thread, that the 49ers o-line vs. the Giants d-line doesn't scare me, not really. The 49ers handle 4 man rushes very well usually, even very good ones. The Giants WRs however are another story. The SF safeties have been good, but they give up big plays. And Rogers is a very good corner who has been ballin out all year, but our other two corners (Brown and Culliver) are suspect. I predict each of them giving up at least one big play.

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Sundown"]These 9ers fans are really unoriginal w their screen names and rant.[/quote]

Orly?

Seriously, I've never understood someone's need to say "Lets talk rationally!!" And then go on to trash the other team. If you're gonna troll, troll hard my friend.

On a serious note, I already stated in my thread, that the 49ers o-line vs. the Giants d-line doesn't scare me, not really. The 49ers handle 4 man rushes very well usually, even very good ones. The Giants WRs however are another story. The SF safeties have been good, but they give up big plays. And Rogers is a very good corner who has been ballin out all year, but our other two corners (Brown and kmCulliver) are suspect. I predict each of them giving up at least one big play.

[/quote] Hakeem nicks will have a big game against rodgers hes playing at another level cruz will beat whoever is covering him. We dont need hailmary plays to beat the niners just mistake free football. Both teams match well on.defense but the giants got a better advantage on offense hands down.

[quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"] Hakeem nicks will have a big game against rodgers hes playing at another level cruz will beat whoever is covering him. We dont need hailmary plays to beat the niners just mistake free football. Both teams match well on.defense but the giants got a better advantage on offense hands down.[/quote]

Nicks will not have a good game against Rogers. I am almost 100% positive of this. He might have played his best football ever in that Saints game during a season where he has played great all year. The good news for Nicks is, he'll see plenty of Culliver and Brown. The 49ers never use Rogers to shadow #1 receivers, so he'll play exclusively on the right side on regular downs, and then slides into the nickel in nickel and dime packages. Nicks could have a field day against Brown and Goldson however.

I for one am looking forward to this rematch again. It's not gonna be pretty, and its going to bring back easily memories of 1990 all over again. Our battles in the 80's, and early 90's truly were epic.

[quote user="GoldenJoe"]I apologize for some fans that may have been a bit over the top. Hopefully they have been banned. Anyway, congrats on making to the NFC Championship game.

I am feeling very good about this game. I really like the matchups and intangibles. Special teams is going to be huge in this game and the 49ers have a big advantage in that department.

The defensive line, especially Justin Smith are playing great right now. Eli most likely will not be graced with anywhere near the time he had against the Packers. The run defense has been spectacular all year long so I do not see Jacobs or Bradshaw being a factor. That will leave it up to Eil vs the 49ers top rated defense. Gotta give it to the 49ers. I mean, is Eli really going to have a third miracle throw that sticks to a helmet? I have seen luck before but le'ts get real. Eli pulls these throws out of his ***...

Sorry Giants fans...The 49ers have made up their mind that they are going to win the SB this year and there is nothing the Giants can do it about it.[/quote]

Your front seven covers for your secondary very well. I think our wide receivers are some of the best in the league to gain yac. If our coaching staff devises ways to get past the middle of the field in the air game, we should be able to pull off some big gains.

Let's hope Coughlin gets in their heads enough this week to hold onto the ball/not get concussed.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="GoldenJoe"]I apologize for some fans that may have been a bit over the top. Hopefully they have been banned. Anyway, congrats on making to the NFC Championship game.

I am feeling very good about this game. I really like the matchups and intangibles. Special teams is going to be huge in this game and the 49ers have a big advantage in that department.

The defensive line, especially Justin Smith are playing great right now. Eli most likely will not be graced with anywhere near the time he had against the Packers. The run defense has been spectacular all year long so I do not see Jacobs or Bradshaw being a factor. That will leave it up to Eil vs the 49ers top rated defense. Gotta give it to the 49ers. I mean, is Eli really going to have a third miracle throw that sticks to a helmet? I have seen luck before but le'ts get real. Eli pulls these throws out of his ***...

Sorry Giants fans...The 49ers have made up their mind that they are going to win the SB this year and there is nothing the Giants can do it about it.[/quote]

Your front seven covers for your secondary very well. I think our wide receivers are some of the best in the league to gain yac. If our coaching staff devises ways to get past the middle of the field in the air game, we should be able to pull off some big gains.

Let's hope Coughlin gets in their heads enough this week to hold onto the ball/not get concussed.[/quote]

And before you follow this up with a Donte Whitner/Carlos Rogers response, I live in upstate new york. I've watched Whitner suck a nut for his entire career. And I'm a Giants fan. I know Carlos Rogers is susceptible, BIG time.

Bench Player

To the comment about QBs throwing more than 10 yards. No question Eli has a stronger arm than Alex...No question Eli has been doing it longer... but do you think Cosell lightly publicly says"everything I said about Alex was wrong"? IF we're just looking at arm strength, how'd that work out for Marino vs Montana? Not saying This is the same or that Alex is Montana..but Alex has been underestimated all season. The guy has been clutch and thrown all the throws when he needed to do so.</P>

What is going to be an interesting match up is our DBs vs your WRs. Your WRs tend to be finesse players and our guys are physical. You're likely to break some big ones if our guys don't either get lucky, put on their A game, or use their hitting to intimidate like we did vs the Saints. It probably would not hurt to do all three </P>

It looks like one heck of a match up. I think we have a slight edge only because it is at home....but at this point whoever wants it more is going to the SB. Either team is able to win this game.</P>

I give the 49ers the edge in this game, they have better record and are playing at home. The higher seed advantage is becoming less and less in the NFL. It's routine for a wild card team (albeit not a 9 win team) to make a run through the playoffs.

I've said it a few times this week already, but I'm really excited about this matchup. I don't think any two teams out of the initial playoff field could have provided football fans w. a better game.

Giants offense vs. the San Fran D, strength on strength. Add to that the Giants playing better defense and Alex Smith and the 49ers offense getting hot, even better.

Don't be sorry until Monday when I will be posting replays on Facebook and you will be crying in your croissant wondering where you will watch the Ny Giants superbowl with the rest of your golden girls.

The Niners and Eagles have something in common. The last championship the Eagles won was in 1960. The same year that Toilet they call candlestick park opened.

+ Reply to Thread