+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 49ers fan here...Let's talk some football...

Re: 49ers fan here...Let's talk some football...

Listen GoldenShower, while I appreciate your shared confidence with your team, I think you are underestimating this Giants team. Sure you have an advantage in ST, but to think Smith can match up points again Eli, is just insane. I would say the run game is about even now and the defense is about even. Either team can win, but the Giants are "all in", your 49ers are an upstart and remind me a lot of the Bears of 2006, except Smith > Grossman.
    "To be the best, you have to beat the best."
    https://www.facebook.com/NYGNation

[quote user="Slyde"]Listen GoldenShower, while I appreciate your shared confidence with your team, I think you are underestimating this Giants team. Sure you have an advantage in ST, but to think Smith can match up points again Eli, is just insane. I would say the run game is about even now and the defense is about even. Either team can win, but the Giants are "all in", your 49ers are an upstart and remind me a lot of the Bears of 2006, except Smith > Grossman.
    [/quote]

Why is that insane? He matched Drew Brees pretty well last week. Of course the Giants D is more stout than that of the Saints, but to be fair the Saints offense is far more dangerous than that of the Giants. Eli is a lot better than Smith, but so was Brees.

Should be a pretty good matchup. While I think the Giants are playing at a higher level than they were in the regular season, I think the 9ers are as well. And although I like the coaching staff of the Giants, I think the 9ers is better at covering up the mistakes and maximizing their players' potential.

Big part of me says the home team wins this one, but I think the Giants learned a lot more from their loss than the Niners did in their win earlier this season. Giants win by less than a FG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Lu4di3Pryig#!

Bench Player

[quote user="OX1"][quote user="GoldenJoe"] The run defense has been spectacular all year long so I do not see Jacobs or Bradshaw being a factor. [/quote]

In the past 4 games:

SF gave up 81 yards per game average, got 111 yards and 3 rushing TD's
    NY gave up 80.5 yards per game average and got 96 yards per game and 4 rushing TD's.

You guys are a hair worse than your season average giving up yards, lately, while we are 50% better (we were 123 for the year).

Last game, we got 89 yards rushing on you, 12 more than your season average, what happened??
    You guys only got 67, on a run defense that at the time was like 24 in the league??

We only need 89 yards on any given day to win...............

[/quote]

The thing is, the 49ers did not allow a single rushing touchdown for the entire season up until the last two games, where we were playing to stay healthy and had a lot of injuries.

If the NY Giants manage to get a single rushing touchdown, I will be suprised. Ask Pierre Thomas about how good the 49ers are at stopping the run. Any chance for a NY victory will all rest in the hands of Manning. He was scary on third downs against Green Bay, but, you are not playing one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The 49ers philosophy is to hit receivers quick and hit them hard, force fumbles and interceptions.

It should be an exciting game.

[quote user="Slyde"]Listen GoldenShower, while I appreciate your shared confidence with your team, I think you are underestimating this Giants team. Sure you have an advantage in ST, but to think Smith can match up points again Eli, is just insane. I would say the run game is about even now and the defense is about even. Either team can win, but the Giants are "all in", your 49ers are an upstart and remind me a lot of the Bears of 2006, except Smith > Grossman.
    [/quote]

honestly i see the bold portion as insane. if smith can match brees he can match eli. don't get me wrong i'm not a overconfident homer eli>smith, BUT according to week 10 49ers>giants. of course giants are playing much better but so are the niners this will be a tough and likely low scoring game(although i did say that against the saints also)

[quote user="NinerDieHard"][quote user="Slyde"]Listen GoldenShower, while I appreciate your shared confidence with your team, I think you are underestimating this Giants team. Sure you have an advantage in ST, but to think Smith can match up points again Eli, is just insane. I would say the run game is about even now and the defense is about even. Either team can win, but the Giants are "all in", your 49ers are an upstart and remind me a lot of the Bears of 2006, except Smith > Grossman.
    [/quote]

honestly i see the bold portion as insane. if smith can match brees he can match eli. don't get me wrong i'm not a overconfident homer eli>smith, BUT according to week 10 49ers>giants. of course giants are playing much better but so are the niners this will be a tough and likely low scoring game(although i did say that against the saints also)
    [/quote]

I can't wait for this game diehard!

[/quote]

Brew Drees fans were saying the same thing about Alex Smith. How'd that turn out for them?

I don't see any passing attack doing much good if Candlemistake Park winds start howling like they can. This will be a game won in the trenches and the 49ers will win because of a superior front seven on defense and Frank the Tank on offense.

It will be an epic slugfest, no doubt.

[quote user="gianthole"][quote user="NinerDieHard"][quote user="Slyde"]Listen GoldenShower, while I appreciate your shared confidence with your team, I think you are underestimating this Giants team. Sure you have an advantage in ST, but to think Smith can match up points again Eli, is just insane. I would say the run game is about even now and the defense is about even. Either team can win, but the Giants are "all in", your 49ers are an upstart and remind me a lot of the Bears of 2006, except Smith > Grossman.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I can't wait for this game diehard![/quote]

same here i feel like the saints game all over again and i have to wait all day like you guys!!! (living in NC)

[quote user="billbird2111"][quote user="Slyde"]Listen GoldenShower, while I appreciate your shared confidence with your team, I think you are underestimating this Giants team. Sure you have an advantage in ST, but to think Smith can match up points again Eli, is just insane. I would say the run game is about even now and the defense is about even. Either team can win, but the Giants are "all in", your 49ers are an upstart and remind me a lot of the Bears of 2006, except Smith > Grossman.
    [/quote]

Brew Drees fans were saying the same thing about Alex Smith. How'd that turn out for them?

I don't see any passing attack doing much good if Candlemistake Park winds start howling like they can. This will be a game won in the trenches and the 49ers will win because of a superior front seven on defense and Frank the Tank on offense.

It will be an epic slugfest, no doubt.[/quote]

fact is game won't be a huge passing game, candlestick winds are crazy as s*** and it will be rainy and the field is below sea level only exasperating the muddy slippery grass this game WILL be won in the trenches

+ Reply to Thread