+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

49er's not a SB team

Didn't see the game live but watching SF on NFL Replay last night made me see the 49ers are a good but not great team. Never mind the hold on Ballard by an "All Pro" linebacker in week 10, or the fact that 49er coach claimed, (Willis) never used his hands-(PS coach, hands are attatched to arms).

Alex Smith is a good runner but not a good scrambler, he doesn't avoid pressure well and throws from a "spot" from either a 3 step or 5 step drop. Get him moving around the pocket and he is not accurate. The Giants have seen the numerous sub packages and formations on Offense. A well prepared Giant defense is not going to give up big runs because the 49ers ran an unbalanced line.

The 49er defense is full of Pro Bowl players, I'm not buying it. They have been described as tough, physical team???? The Giants are clearly afraid of this wealth of talent and gritty phyical defense as apparently the Giants are a finesse team who can't punch people in the mouth.

Re: 49er's not a SB team

[quote user="chuckedafter5yards"]Didn't see the game live but watching SF on NFL Replay last night made me see the 49ers are a good but not great team. Never mind the hold on Ballard by an "All Pro" linebacker in week 10, or the fact that 49er coach claimed, (Willis) never used his hands-(PS coach, hands are attatched to arms).

Alex Smith is a good runner but not a good scrambler, he doesn't avoid pressure well and throws from a "spot" from either a 3 step or 5 step drop. Get him moving around the pocket and he is not accurate. The Giants have seen the numerous sub packages and formations on Offense. A well prepared Giant defense is not going to give up big runs because the 49ers ran an unbalanced line.

The 49er defense is full of Pro Bowl players, I'm not buying it. They have been described as tough, physical team????* The Giants are clearly afraid of this wealth of talent and gritty phyical defense as apparently the Giants are a finesse team who can't punch people in the mouth.
    [/quote]

Best kicker. Best punter. Best defense. Great RB. QB who can manage the game. Great coach.

They can beat us.

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"][quote user="chuckedafter5yards"]Didn't see the game live but watching SF on NFL Replay last night made me see the 49ers are a good but not great team. Never mind the hold on Ballard by an "All Pro" linebacker in week 10, or the fact that 49er coach claimed, (Willis) never used his hands-(PS coach, hands are attatched to arms).

The 49er defense is full of Pro Bowl players, I'm not buying it. They have been described as tough, physical team???? The Giants are clearly afraid of this wealth of talent and gritty phyical defense as apparently the Giants are a finesse team who can't punch people in the mouth.
    [/quote] Best kicker. Best punter. Best defense. Great RB. QB who can manage the game. Great coach. They can beat us.[/quote]Agreed, we need to be ready for this one and be hitting on all cylinders.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I watched the entire game, they are a good team. But I won't use the word great. But they are in the NFC Championship game so they deserve credit.

The 49ers on defense are simple, they don't use many blitzes. They pretty much just line up and dare you to beat them.

They have big d-lineman to take up blockers for the tackling machines they have in the middle. (Willis, Bowman)

Aldon Smith is the real deal, they like to use him on the opposing teams blind side, so I expect the Giants to help Diehl out. Justin Smith had a great year, guy doesn't let up on any plays. He is not the best pass rusher or run stopper. But he does both really well.

49ers offense is not anywhere near as good as the Packers. They stick to the run, and they like short and intermediate passes to there tightends,backs. They also like to run slants for the wr's.

The one thing they don't do well on offense is stretch the field. I guess that's more to they know what Alex Smith can't do.

Another thing that should be mentioned is they are a great tackling team.

All in all I like our chances...

Giants fan since the early 80s

Don't sleep on SF. Not only have they beaten us before (granted we are playing much better as of late) but they can easily win on Sunday. On top of that, SF can also beat both Baltimore and New England if they get by us.

They are a great team that can win any given Sunday.

We need to bring our A game on Sunday.

Show class, be a Giants fan.

The Giants offense thrives on bad tackling teams.Teams that dont tackle well get beat for at least one long TD a game against the Giants.This is the key to the game in my opinion the Giants didnt get anything easy against the 49ers.The 49ers made them earn everything.There shortest scoring drive was 7 plays and when teams do that Manning "and Most QB's" will turn the ball over and thats what he did. In my estimation if the Giants dont get at least one of there big play scores they will lose the game

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"][quote user="chuckedafter5yards"]Didn't see the game live but watching SF on NFL Replay last night made me see the 49ers are a good but not great team. Never mind the hold on Ballard by an "All Pro" linebacker in week 10, or the fact that 49er coach claimed, (Willis) never used his hands-(PS coach, hands are attatched to arms).

[/quote] Best kicker. Best punter. Best defense. Great RB. QB who can manage the game. Great coach. They can beat us.[/quote]

this .....^^^^

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

Giants have faced the following offenses:

Green Bay....#3
    Falcons....#10
    Dallas....#11
    Jets....#25

Next up....49ers....#26

(FYI....Giants offense #8)

[quote user="JMFP2"]Giants have faced the following offenses:

Green Bay....#3
    Falcons....#10
    Dallas....#11
    Jets....#25

Next up....49ers....#26

(FYI....Giants offense #8)[/quote]

That's true and all, but their offense beat the saints offense (besides the fact that they didn't convert on many TOs) still they have a sick defense to counter our #8 offense

I just don't get why people think 49ers have a great defense, they gave up 462 yards and 32 points to Brees, and they knew Saints were passing the ball most of the time too. That ain't a great defense to me.

Eli in the first meeting vs SF passed for over 300 yards also.

Don't buy the hype.