+ Reply to Thread

Refs for the game Sunday

Ed Hochuli will be in San Francisco to officiate the Giants-49ers
    matchup for the NFC title. Hochuli was in last year’s AFC Championship
    game.
      [*] R — #85 Ed Hochuli (22nd year, 20th as referee)[*]U — #81 Roy Ellison (9th year, Walt Coleman)[*]HL — Mark Hittner (15th year, Hochuli)[*]LJ — #35 John Hussey (10th year, Pete Morelli)[*]FJ — #4 Craig Wrolstad (9th year, Hochuli)[*]SJ — #39 Don Carlsen (23rd year, Morelli)[*]BJ — #46 Perry Paganelli (14th year, John Parry)[*]Alternates — Jeff Triplette (#42, R), Jimmy DeBell (#58, SJ from Alberto Riverón’s crew)[/list]
      By the way has the NFL apologized for screwing up the call on the fumble last week?

Re: Refs for the game Sunday

Great so we get Ed Hochuli who is a known degenerate gambler.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Bench Player

[quote user="eastbayblue"]By the way has the NFL apologized for screwing up the call on the fumble last week?

[/quote]

No apology. They actually came out and tried to validate the call.

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Ed Hochuli will be in San Francisco to officiate the Giants-49ers
    game.
      [*] R — #85 Ed Hochuli (22nd year, 20th as referee)[*]U — #81 Roy Ellison (9th year, Walt Coleman)[*]HL — Mark Hittner (15th year, Hochuli)[*]LJ — #35 John Hussey (10th year, Pete Morelli)[*]FJ — #4 Craig Wrolstad (9th year, Hochuli)[*]SJ — #39 Don Carlsen (23rd year, Morelli)[*]BJ — #46 Perry Paganelli (14th year, John Parry)[*]Alternates — Jeff Triplette (#42, R), Jimmy DeBell (#58, SJ from Alberto Riverón’s crew)[/list]
      By the way has the NFL apologized for screwing up the call on the fumble last week?

[/quote]

Nope, the NFL stands by Leavy's call. They announced it on Monday

Veteran

Na NFL did not apologize for the call. They never will.

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Ed Hochuli will be in San Francisco to officiate the Giants-49ers
    game.

[/quote]

Nope, they defended it. They sent out their Joseph Goebbels (Greg Aiello) to say it was the right call.

[quote user="burier"]Great so we get Ed Hochuli who is a known degenerate gambler.[/quote]

Please,.Hochuli is.the best and consistant referee in.the NFL

Bench Player

[quote user="burier"]Great so we get Ed Hochuli who is a known degenerate gambler.[/quote]

Of all the NFL crews, Hochuli's is one the very, very few that I'm comfortable with. He had one major blown call, but he handled it with extreme class and his crew is almost always the highest graded in the league. I'd be worried if Ed was hurt and we got stuck with Triplett.

Luckily we survived two awful Refereeing crews and their bad calls, nearly all which went against us. I see a game with few calls. Hochuli's crew is one of the lowest in calling penalties. Appx. 13 per game.