+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

No 1 thinks Alex Smith can beat us...

Similar to how no one used to believe in Eli. This guy always had the potential but now finally has the stability and good coaching he needed. I'm just warning everyone to not count him out. He's good. When you have a defense and special teams like he does you don't even need to do too much anyway.

Re: No 1 thinks Alex Smith can beat us...

I think a lot of the over confidence has to do with the QBs we've beaten in 07 & this year. Clearly Smith is not any where nearly as accomplished as those QBs were/are. I don't agree with this thinking but I get the feeling this is the issue.

Smith is a first round pick who clearly has talent. For SF Smith doesn't need to win the game, he just needs to not lose it. That's what we need to keep in mind

yep Smith is another Trent Dilfer...just don't lose the game. Let our D win the game and with 9ers it's also let Akers win the game.

The Giants D and Smith can def beat the Giants....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"] Similar to how no one used to believe in Eli. This guy always had the potential but now finally has the stability and good coaching he needed. I'm just warning everyone to not count him out. He's good. When you have a defense and special teams like he does you don't even need to do too much anyway.
    [/quote]

Are you forgetting that this team has beat us already with this QB? I think everyone knows that he is capable of beating us again.

[quote user="JMGGIANTS"]yep Smith is another Trent Dilfer...just don't lose the game. Let our D win the game and with 9ers it's also let Akers win the game.[/quote]

In this year alone Smith has played better than Dilfer ever did. Give Smith credit -- after 7 years he is finally a quality NFL QB. SF wasn't exactly smart having 7 different OC over that period of time. I'm sure that that didn't help his development.

If we win this game, I really don't think it's going to be because of poor play by Alex Smith. I think he'll do fine.

[quote user="JMGGIANTS"]yep Smith is another Trent Dilfer...just don't lose the game.* Let our D win the game and with 9ers it's also let Akers win the game.[/quote]

and Dilfer kicked our assbucket.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Veteran

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

LOL...I see what you did there...

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

i had to read that 3 times before it sunk in LOL
    great call.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Our secondary has the ability to make Rex Grossman look like Drew Brees... so I don't think they can take any QB lightly.

Show class, be a Giants fan.