+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jerry Rice on ESPN says Jacobs- "A little bit soft"

Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it. He said he's tired of seeing 180 pound guys bring Jacob's down. I can't say I completely disagree. Sometimes he does go down pretty easy, compared to Bradshaw.

Can't wait to hear his reaction to this one.

Re: Jerry Rice on ESPN says Jacobs- "A little bit soft"

They are replaying it right now on ESPN.

[quote user="OrangeGiant"]

Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it. He said he's tired of seeing 180 pound guys bring Jacob's down. I can't say I completely disagree. Sometimes he does go down pretty easy, compared to Bradshaw.

[/quote]

Never liked Jerry Rice, still don't. I don't recall Rice ever running over anyone.

Jacobs is far from soft.

You have to look at it like this, he is a big man, and there is alot of body for the defenders to hit.

These 180 lbs corners rice is speaking of, are they tackling him at pad level? I think not. So if they tackle him at his ankles yes he can go down.

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="OrangeGiant"]

[/quote]

Totally, totally, totally agree. SOFT

I cant say I totally disagree. Jacobs doesn't run as tough as he used to.

He's not soft. Opposing players FINALLY got sick of getting trucked, smartened up, and started tackling below his knees. Bradshaw is harder to tackle because of his lower center of gravity and GREAT balance that he has (plus his own toughness). If you tackle BJ above the waist, he is still hard to take down.

Who cares whatJerry Rice says? Does today's 49er team need it's grandfather to do the talking for them?

[quote user="ny06"]

Jacobs is far from soft.

You have to look at it like this, he is a big man, and there is alot of body for the defenders to hit.

These 180 lbs corners rice is speaking of, are they tackling him at pad level? I think not. So if they tackle him at his ankles yes he can go down.

[/quote]

Soft wasn't the right word and I think Rice will end up regretting saying that. I still think at times he does get tackled easier than he should, and at times it is certainly because defenders are hitting him low.

[quote user="JJC7301"]

He's not soft.* Opposing players FINALLY got sick of getting trucked, smartened up, and started tackling below his knees.* Bradshaw is harder to tackle because of his lower center of gravity and GREAT balance that he has (plus his own toughness).* If you tackle BJ above the waist, he is still hard to take down.*

Who cares what*Jerry Rice says?* Does today's 49er team need it's grandfather to do the talking for them?

[/quote]Wow common sense.

I will sat there been times he has gone down a bit easy, but a lot of it is as you said. Also another issue is the lack of line blocking for him to get started. Harder to take someone down while in motion vs just trying to get started.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Bench Player

[quote user="OrangeGiant"][quote user="ny06"]

Jacobs is far from soft.

[/quote]

Soft wasn't the right word and I think Rice will end up regretting saying that. I still think at times he does get tackled easier than he should, and at times it is certainly because defenders are hitting him low.

[/quote]

Think its time our boy needs to start getting airborn a little bit more when hes got a 1v1 with a lb/saftey etc?