+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Now I remember why I stayed away in 07

I didn't come near the boards during the 07 run and I'm starting to remember why.

Giants fans are snivelling little girls who have very little if any confidence in their team.

"Oh the 49er so good. Alex Smith is so good"

I bet if Skip Bayless told you the Sky was menstrating you'd run outside and check.

No wait. First you'd make sure Steven A Smith agreed.

Get above the influence and don't believe the hype. You saw it with your own eyes.

The Giants are the best team in the playoffs. Don't ask me how it happened but that's what it is.

No amount of Mud or homefield advantage is going to change anything.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Now I remember why I stayed away in 07

[quote user="burier"]I didn't come near the boards during the 07 run and I'm starting to remember why.

Giants fans are snivelling little girls who have very little if any confidence in their team.

"Oh the 49er so good. Alex Smith is so good"

I bet if Skip Bayless told you the Sky was menstrating you'd run outside and check.

No wait. First you'd make sure Steven A Smith agreed.

Get above the influence and don't believe the hype. You saw it with your own eyes.

The Giants are the best team in the playoffs. Don't ask my how it happened but that's what it is.

No amount of Mud or homefield advantage is going to change anything.[/quote]

Hey....I'M a girl and take offense to that. J/K

Just being realistic and respectful of our opponent. I think we have a good shot at beating SF, but I'll never come out and say it's a 'lock' because SF looks just as good as us.

Yes, we need more WHOOO HOOOO WE ARE NUMBER 1!!@!#!%#!% posts

If you don't have anything other then mindless blind faith in the superiority of this team then your just a ESPN puppet who can't think for himself...

Veteran

The way our team is playing I'm believing we will go all the way and bring home the Lombardi.

There is a reason why these 2 teams are in the NFC championship, both teams are good.

We have the freedom to say the 49ers are good because they are just that

[quote user="ashleymarie"]The way our team is playing I'm believing we will go all the way and bring home the Lombardi.[/quote]

That's the spirit
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

I think it's more about giving respect to your opponent and not taking them lightly, rather than not having confidence in the team. This is something all good business men (and women), players, fighters make a habit of doing.

I think that everyone on here has been saying that the Giants will win but it won't be an easy challenge. Read Sun Tzu or any other book based on warfare and the sentiment I am expressing here will be found in their ideologies as well.

Remember pride comes before the fall. Confidence with respect is healthy and beneficial, on the other side of the coin, over confidence with no respect will always end in failure.

I only started coming on the boards the night of the SB victory, I believe it was. I wish that I had been on before that. There are lots of different views. I don't know what you're talking about.

[quote user="BigBlue D"]
    I think it's more about giving respect to your opponent and not taking them lightly, rather than not having confidence in the team. This is something all good business men (and women), players, fighters make a habit of doing.

I think that everyone on here has been saying that the Giants will win but it won't be an easy challenge. Read Sun Tzu or any other book based on warfare and the sentiment I am expressing here will be found in their ideologies as well.

Remember pride comes before the fall. Confidence with respect is healthy and beneficial, on the other side of the coin over confidence with no respect will always end in failure.

[/quote]

well done.
    we have always shown class and respect
    for our opponents in the media.

we show our disrespect between the
    sidelines where it matters.

new york giants football has never been a "rah-rah" culture.

we don't even have cheerleaders.

if they need that sissy-spit ' they can go to Dallas.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

[quote user="BigBlue D"]

Remember pride comes before the fall. Confidence with respect is healthy and beneficial, on the other side of the coin, over confidence with no respect will always end in failure.

[/quote]

The Art of War is a great book for people who are actually GOING TO WAR.

We're just fans. We're not going to be so pridefull that Giants are going to lose.

Now I personally am "Alittlesticious" so I normally try to keep the trash talk under wraps but thats out the window this time because just like in 07 I know we're going to win and there's no amount of bragging that I can do to effect the outcome that is already set in stone.

I'd bet my house on it.