+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Re: The Walking Dead

I really like seeing that guy getting what was coming to him. He had to go.

I have not watched the whole series, as I only started watching from the point where the group leaves the city (via the roof top) to the farm.

From reading the thread I learned that this show is heavily based from a comic. So far I have enjoyed the show, but I wonder if going back and watching the first season is worthwhile, or should I just keep on watching as there is nothing that is important from previous shows?

Anyhow, I am curious to read people's advise about the best way to approach the show.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]Great show tonight. Nah f that... epic show tonight and next week episode looks good too. What are y'all thoughts?[/quote]

Since I read the graphic novels, I knew what was coming, but the zombie flashbacks before Shane reanimated was too much. My gf knew he was going to get up long before Carl showed up.

I swear Carl is a ninja. He just shows up everywhere.Hopefully his pair finally descended a bit.

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="VegasGmen"]From the spoiler pics I've seen Shane will be a walker in next episode or 2. Glad that Michonne will become an integral part of the series next season and I can only hope the next season will be just as addicting as the first 2. Hopefully there will be an additional season after next. Great show just tremendous.[/quote] Do we have a confirmed actress for Michonne? I hope she's hot wielding those samurai swords.[/quote] Who knows if this is true, but theres this... And if this ends up being right, then it'll be next week! I doubt it though... It'd be a good choice i think, all though i was hoping Angela Bassett be Michonne, myself... </P>

It'd be crazy having dale die one wk, shane the next, and then the first appearence of Michonne, in back, to back, to back weeks...</P>

Whoops, forgot to paste the article..lol</P>

</P>
    <DIV id=wrapper sizcache="1" sizset="36">
    <DIV id=topunit sizcache="0" sizset="0">
    <DIV id=adposition1></DIV>
    <DIV id=popular_searches sizcache="0" sizset="0">
    <H2>POPULAR SEARCHES ON DS</H2>
    <DIV class=pop_search_bullets sizcache="0" sizset="0">
    <UL sizcache="0" sizset="0">
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Apple iPad</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>The Voice</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>American Idol</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Madonna</FONT></LI>[/list]</DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV id=searchbar sizcache="0" sizset="4">
    <DIV id=searchbar_editionbox sizcache="0" sizset="4">
    <UL sizcache="0" sizset="4">
    <LI class=first><FONT color=#28419a></FONT>
    <DIV id=locale_dropdown>Select your local Digital Spy:

<FORM id=DS_locale_dropdown name=DS_locale_dropdown><INPUT id=locale_dropdown_US type=radio CHECKED value=US name=locale><LABEL for=locale_dropdown_US>USA</LABEL>
    <INPUT id=locale_dropdown_CA type=radio value=CA name=locale><LABEL for=locale_dropdown_CA>Canada</LABEL>
    <INPUT id=locale_dropdown_GB type=radio value=GB name=locale><LABEL for=locale_dropdown_GB>UK</LABEL>
    <INPUT id=locale_dropdown_IE type=radio value=IE name=locale><LABEL for=locale_dropdown_IE>Ireland</LABEL>
    <INPUT id=locale_dropdown_AU type=radio value=AU name=locale><LABEL for=locale_dropdown_AU>Australia</LABEL>
    <INPUT id=locale_dropdown_NZ type=radio value=NZ name=locale><LABEL for=locale_dropdown_NZ>New Zealand</LABEL>
    <INPUT id=locale_remember type=checkbox value=1 name=locale_remember><LABEL for=locale_remember>Remember my choice</LABEL><INPUT id=locale_dropdown_submit type=submit value=SUBMIT></FORM></DIV></LI>
    <LI class=fbwidth>
    <DIV class=facebook-button>
    <DIV class=preview><SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>Like</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN><SPAN class=facebook-button-right><SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>2k</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV class=load><?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like href="http://www.facebook.com/digitalspyusa" width="90" show_faces="false" layout="button_count" send="false" font=""></fb:like></DIV></DIV></LI>
    <LI class=twitterwidth>
    <DIV class=twitter-button>
    <DIV class=preview><SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>Follow @digitalspyus</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN><SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>829 followers</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV class=load>Follow</DIV></DIV></LI>[/list]</DIV>
    <DIV id=searchbar_searchbox>
    <FORM id=search action=/search/searchselector.php method=get>
    <FIELDSET><INPUT id=query size=7 name=query> <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=type> <INPUT type=hidden value=2 name=styp> <INPUT class=button type=submit value="Submit Query" name=submit></FIELDSET></FORM></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV id=outer sizcache="1" sizset="36">
    <DIV id=branding sizcache="0" sizset="7">
    <DIV id=logo></DIV>
    <DIV id=logo_extension sizcache="0" sizset="7">
    <DIV id=keylinks sizcache="0" sizset="7">
    <UL sizcache="0" sizset="7">
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Home</FONT>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Breaking News</FONT>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>TV Recaps</FONT></LI>[/list]</DIV>
    <DIV id=editorialspace sizcache="0" sizset="10">
    <UL sizcache="0" sizset="10">
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Video</FONT>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Photos</FONT>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Play Games</FONT></LI>[/list]</DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV id=navigation sizcache="0" sizset="13">
    <DIV id=mainnav sizcache="0" sizset="13">
    <UL id=mainnav_links sizcache="0" sizset="13">
    <LI class=navlink_celebrity><SPAN>Celebrity</SPAN></LI>
    <LI class=currentnavlink_tv><SPAN>TV</SPAN></LI>
    <LI class=navlink_realitytv><SPAN>Reality TV</SPAN></LI>
    <LI class=navlink_music><SPAN>Music</SPAN></LI>
    <LI class=navlink_movies><SPAN>Movies</SPAN></LI>
    <LI class=navlink_gaming><SPAN>Gaming</SPAN></LI>
    <LI class=navlink_tech><SPAN>Tech</SPAN></LI>
    <LI class=navlink_comics><SPAN>Comics</SPAN></LI>
    <LI class=navlink_odd><SPAN>Weird</SPAN></LI>[/list]</DIV>
    <DIV class=categorybar_tv id=mainnav_bar></DIV>
    <DIV id=subnav sizcache="0" sizset="22">
    <UL class=navigation_tv id=subnav_links sizcache="0" sizset="22">
    <LI>TV News</LI>
    <LI>Episode Recaps</LI>
    <LI>Interviews</LI>
    <LI>TV Blog: Tube Talk</LI>
    <LI>Canceled &amp; Renewed Scorecard</LI>
    <LI>2012-2013 Season</LI>
    <LI>TV Video Clips</LI>[/list]</DIV></DIV>
    <DIV id=breadcrumb_bar>
    <DIV id=breadcrumb_trail>

<FONT color=#28419a>Home</FONT> &gt; <FONT color=#28419a>TV</FONT> &gt; <FONT color=#28419a>The Walking Dead</FONT> &gt; News</P></DIV>
    <DIV id=breadcrumb_date>

Monday, March 12, 2012</P></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV id=content sizcache="1" sizset="36">
    <DIV class=fwcategorycontainer>
    <DIV class=categorytext>
    <H2 class=categorytext_tv>TV</H2></DIV>
    <DIV class="categorybar categorybar_tv"></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class=clear_both></DIV>
    <DIV class=headline_article sizcache="0" sizset="29">
    <DIV class=left sizcache="0" sizset="29">
    <DIV class=key_shows_list sizcache="0" sizset="29">
    <UL sizcache="0" sizset="29">
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>The X Factor</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Dancing with the Stars</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>The Amazing Race</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Glee</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Once Upon a Time</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Two and a Half Men</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT color=#28419a>Desperate Housewives</FONT></LI>[/list]</DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class=right><FONT color=#28419a></FONT></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class=clear_both><FONT color=#28419a></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV id=s_msg_top><FONT color=#28419a></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV class=article_header>
    <H1>'True Blood' Rutina Wesley to play Michonne on 'The Walking Dead'?</H1>
    <DIV class=article_pub><SPAN class=time><FONT color=#333333>Published Monday, Dec 12 2011, 7:24am EST</FONT></SPAN> | <SPAN class=editors>By <FONT color=#28419a>Morgan Jeffery</FONT> | <SPAN class=category_comment_bubble_container><SPAN class=category_comment_article>17 comments</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV class=share_container>
    <DIV class=ds_fb_button>
    <DIV class=facebook-button>
    <DIV class=preview><SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>Recommend</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN> <SPAN class=facebook-button-right><SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>210</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV class=load><fb:like href="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/displayarticle.php?id=355561" width="450" show_faces="true" layout="button_count" send="false" font="" action="recommend"></fb:like></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class=ds_twt_button>
    <DIV class=twitter-button>
    <DIV class=preview><SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>Tweet</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN> <SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>52</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV class=load><FONT color=#28419a>Tweet</FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class=ds_google_button>
    <DIV class=google-button>
    <DIV class=preview><SPAN class=google-button-right><SPAN class=button-left></SPAN><SPAN class=button-text>1</SPAN><SPAN class=button-right></SPAN></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV class=load><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = G /><G:PLUSONE href="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a355561/true-blood-rutina-wesley-to-play-michonne-on-the-walking-dead.html" size="medium"></G:PLUSONE></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class=emailstory_container>
    <DIV class=emailstory_image></DIV>
    <DIV class=emailstory><SPAN class=ds_addthis_email></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class="article_body clear_left">
    <DIV class="left padding-right ">
    <DIV class=image></DIV>
    <DIV class=imgcaption style="WIDTH: 160px">

HBO</P></DIV></DIV>True Blood star <FONT color=#28419a>Rutina Wesley</FONT> has joined the cast of The Walking Dead, a report suggests.

She will play the character of Michonne in the zombie drama's second season finale, according to <FONT color=#28419a>Hollywood Hills</FONT>.

A fan favorite from the original Walking Dead comic, Michonne has a mysterious past and fights off flesh-eating walkers with a katana.

Wesley is best known for playing Tara on True Blood and will next be seen in <FONT color=#28419a>Ridley Scott</FONT>'s sci-fi blockbuster Prometheus.

Her casting on The Walking Dead is yet to be confirmed by AMC or other official sources.

Series creator <FONT color=#28419a>Robert Kirkman</FONT> recently revealed that <FONT color=#28419a>new characters will join the show</FONT> in the near future.

<FONT color=#28419a>Norman Reedus</FONT>, who plays Daryl Dixon, has also promised that future episodes will be "<FONT color=#28419a>more action packed</FONT>".

The Walking Dead will return in early 2012 to AMC in the US and FX in the UK.

</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>

Veteran

[quote user="Bohemian"]I really like seeing that guy getting what was coming to him. He had to go.

I have not watched the whole series, as I only started watching from the point where the group leaves the city (via the roof top) to the farm.

From reading the thread I learned that this show is heavily based from a comic. So far I have enjoyed the show, but I wonder if going back and watching the first season is worthwhile, or should I just keep on watching as there is nothing that is important from previous shows?

Anyhow, I am curious to read people's advise about the best way to approach the show.

[/quote]</P>

I haven't read the comics all the way through, and it appears like the comic and the series diverge a bit.</P>

I'd recommend getting a DVD of Season 1....I also think it's on Netflix, so I'd maybe go with that.</P>

As for this episode, I'm glad Rick finally took care of business....he was a lot more patient with Shane than I would have been.</P>

And yeah, Daryl is my favorite character....I think it's very cool that he's not in the comics, because I don't want to know what happens to him.</P>

That was a crazy episode last night.

I'm kind of upset that Shane died because I liked having him around as a character.

I guess he needed to die eventually, but I would have liked to see him more.

Daryl is my favorite character, so I hope he is here for awhile.

Other than that, I hope they add more characters with appeal.

Michonne would be sick.

I'm excited for the finale! Probably my favorite show right now, much better than Dexter now

It seemed like Shane really wanted Rick to kill him. He was totally egging him on, when all he had to do was aim and pull the trigger. He was able to cold-blodded-ly kill Randal, so he's not afraid to do what he thinks is right.

I look at it as a suicide. He killed Randal first because he wanted Rick's wife and son to be safer.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Veteran

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]It seemed like Shane really wanted Rick to kill him. He was totally egging him on, when all he had to do was aim and pull the trigger. He was able to cold-blodded-ly kill Randal, so he's not afraid to do what he thinks is right.

I look at it as a suicide. He killed Randal first because he wanted Rick's wife and son to be safer.
    [/quote]</P>

Yeah...I think in his ****ed up mind, Shane figured if he let Rick put up a "fair" fight, he could rationalize it as defending himself.</P>

The lack of T-dog this season has been the worst part to me. Hopefully when Michonne shows up in season 3, that'll also include T-dog getting a bigger part.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]The lack of T-dog this season has been the worst part to me. Hopefully when Michonne shows up in season 3, that'll also include T-dog getting a bigger part.[/quote]

Same here man, I've been upset with how little he's been used. I felt and feel like he's going to die very soon, but I hope not. I hope he gets integrated into this story more

+ Reply to Thread