+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Christie says Giants parade should ONLY be in NJ

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...iants_sup.html

Christie is a self-proclaimed jet fan, I don't think he really has a right to make this determination.

I'm not trying to make this into a war between the NJ and NY Giant fans on this board, because that's wrong, but as a fan living between NYC and Albany my opinion is this: if the giants win another super bowl in the next 3 years or so what's wrong with having the parade in NYC and the rally at the Meadowlands like we did after XLII? Best of both worlds, the championship is celebrated in both states. When I read the "New York Football Giants," I read it as the "New York Metropolitan Area Giants", not the "New York City Giants" or the "New York State Giants". The Giants have always belonged to the metropolitan area, meaning NYC, north Jersey, Connecticut, and the whole area up to and including Albany.

Re: Christie says Giants parade should ONLY be in NJ

I'd flip if it was in NJ, we have a beautiful city, NY is great for the parade

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I'd flip if it was in NJ, we have a beautiful city, NY is great for the parade[/quote]Really should be both. And I believe they did both or some semblance of it.

But Christie needs to shut it, MR. JET FAN.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...iants_sup.html

Christie is a self-proclaimed jet fan, I don't think he really has a right to make this determination.

I'm not trying to make this into a war between the NJ and NY Giant fans on this board, because that's wrong, but as a fan living between NYC and Albany my opinion is this: if the giants win another super bowl in the next 3 years or so what's wrong with having the parade in NYC and the rally at the Meadowlands like we did after XLII? Best of both worlds, the championship is celebrated in both states. When I read the "New York Football Giants," I read it as the "New York Metropolitan Area Giants", not the "New York City Giants" or the "New York State Giants". The Giants have always belonged to the metropolitan area, meaning NYC, north Jersey, Connecticut, and the whole area up to and including Albany.
    [/quote]

I live in NJ and even I think that is pathetic. Yeah, a ticker-tape parade down the Canyon of Heroes, or a celebration in the parking lot of Giants Stadium (I refuse to call it MetLife) -- what a close call that one is. How about the ticker tape parade, followed by a celebration at Giants Stadium.

I agree with you.........BUT.........When Wellington Mara moved the jints to the meadowlands, because of restrictions at yankee stadium, he said "This is the NY football Giants, always and forever. The move to the meadowlands was logistical only. they are legally the NY Football Giants. Yes they have tons of fans in Joisey and conn, but for all intents and purposes, they are a NY team. Go ahead, be mad at me. I got cousins who live in Spotswood, God knows why.....lol
    I miss Red Hook!

I was born and raised in NJ, and I think the Canyon of Champions is the most honorable place for the parade.

Bench Player

Unfortunately this seems to become an issue each time the Giants have come close to winning the SB, but I'll take the controversy every year.

That said, as a NJ Giant fan, I'd be disappointed if the parade was in Jersey. There's something special about going through the city and Jersey could never duplicate it.

Here's to hoping we see it happen in a few weeks.

What a tool! A majority of the fans live in NY.

He saw the turnout in '08 and doesn't want to foot the bill for police, security, cleanup, etc.

Ed Krotch felt the same way and denied the 86/90 teams a NYC parade. I thought it was great, for the players, the fans, the organization, to have that Canyon of Heroes parade in 2007.

Christie can go to hell on this one, let him take Coach Cryan and Woody Johnson out for donuts or something that morning. Take 'em to Bowcraft and ride the teacups.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]What a tool! A majority of the fans live in NY.

He saw the turnout in '08 and doesn't want to foot the bill for police, security, cleanup, etc.[/quote]

Actually last I heard Wellington said the STHs were about 40-40 between NJ and NYC/Westchester and the remaining 20% from CT and other far-away places.

This was when they were planning the new stadium...
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells