+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terrell Thomas running again

"Once the seasonís over, itís all about me hopefully re-signing with the
    Giants and moving forward," he said. Thomas turned 27 earlier this
    month. He may have to settle for a one-year, prove-it deal on the open
    market.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...eason_run.html

I'd like to think TT learned that this can go badly trying to rush back and demanding $$$ elsewhere (*cough...SS12...*cough*), instead of taking the Kiwi route.

Re: Terrell Thomas running again

[quote user="SackingMyths"]"Once the seasonís over, itís all about me hopefully re-signing with the Giants and moving forward," he said. Thomas turned 27 earlier this month. He may have to settle for a one-year, prove-it deal on the open market.

I'd like to think TT learned that this can go badly trying to rush back and demanding $$$ elsewhere (*cough...SS12...*cough*), instead of taking the Kiwi route.

[/quote]

+1. It'll be tempting not to take the higher pay day because he may never be the same player again, but he'd be better served staying with the organization / system he knows while working his way back from injury.

[quote user="SackingMyths"]"Once the seasonís over, itís all about me hopefully re-signing with the
    Giants and moving forward," he said. Thomas turned 27 earlier this
    month. He may have to settle for a one-year, prove-it deal on the open
    market.

[/quote]who is SS12

But on a serious note, if we lose T2 I won't be overly upset. But if he signs for a reasonable price I would be fine for it. If he asks for too much, I rather spend it else where.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

If we get him back for a reasonable price, I'm down. Leading Tackler last year.

[quote user="NYG4ME"]If we get him back for a reasonable price, I'm down. Leading Tackler last year.
    [/quote]

It is NEVER a good thing when your corner back is the leading tackler...means he either is letting his guy catch a lot of balls and then makes the tackle....or it means that too many runs are getting to the secondary...sometimes you have to look at stats carefully
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

[quote user="fansince69"][quote user="NYG4ME"]If we get him back for a reasonable price, I'm down. Leading Tackler last year.
    [/quote]

It is NEVER a good thing when your corner back is the leading tackler...means he either is letting his guy catch a lot of balls and then makes the tackle....or it means that too many runs are getting to the secondary...sometimes you have to look at stats carefully
    [/quote]

He was great at flying to the ball and was a huge asset in stopping the run. Leading us in tackles last year said more about our D, than his lack of cover skills. You honestly think a CB could be so bad he would lead a team in tackles strictly because of the passes he cannot defend? Ross would lead our team in tackles then.

IF T2 is healthy, and the price is reasonable I'd give him another shot but after 2 surgeries my hopes are not very high. He said earlier this week he wants to be back here, but we all heard Steve Smith tell the same story.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="fansince69"][quote user="NYG4ME"]If we get him back for a reasonable price, I'm down. Leading Tackler last year.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

He was great at flying to the ball and was a huge asset in stopping the run. Leading us in tackles last year said more about our D, than his lack of cover skills. You honestly think a CB could be so bad he would lead a team in tackles strictly because of the passes he cannot defend? Ross would lead our team in tackles then.

IF T2 is healthy, and the price is reasonable I'd give him another shot but after 2 surgeries my hopes are not very high. He said earlier this week he wants to be back here, but we all heard Steve Smith tell the same story.
    [/quote]

I NEVER said he was bad or that I wouldn't want him back...I said when your corner back is your leading tackler it is NOT a good thing...A linebacker should always lead the team in tackles....as far as Ross leading...he would actually have to MAKE the tackle after the completion....I wish you guys would learn to read what is written
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

[quote user="fansince69"][quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="fansince69"][quote user="NYG4ME"]If we get him back for a reasonable price, I'm down. Leading Tackler last year.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I NEVER said he was bad or that I wouldn't want him back...I said when your corner back is your leading tackler it is NOT a good thing...A linebacker should always lead the team in tackles....as far as Ross leading...he would actually have to MAKE the tackle after the completion....I wish you guys would learn to read what is written
    [/quote]

LOL, seriously? Someone said they would take him back, and he was our leading tackler and you said, to quote "It is NEVER a good thing when your corner back is the leading
    tackler...means he either is letting his guy catch a lot of balls and
    then makes the tackle....or it means that too many runs are getting to
    the secondary
    ...sometimes you have to look at stats carefully"

So you can't see why that can be taken as a shot at T2? Present your thoughts a little more clearly and people won't mistake what you say.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="fansince69"][quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="fansince69"][quote user="NYG4ME"]If we get him back for a reasonable price, I'm down. Leading Tackler last year.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL, seriously? Someone said they would take him back, and he was our leading tackler and you said, to quote "It is NEVER a good thing when your corner back is the leading
    tackler...means he either is letting his guy catch a lot of balls and
    then makes the tackle....or it means that too many runs are getting to
    the secondary
    ...sometimes you have to look at stats carefully"

So you can't see why that can be taken as a shot at T2? Present your thoughts a little more clearly and people won't mistake what you say.
    [/quote]

The MAIN point was..That a corner back being your leading tackler is not a good thing....wanting him back based on that is not a good reason...DO I want him back at a good price? sure!!...but not for that reason...I apologize if you don't agree or see the logic...but I can't lay it out any more simple for you.....Have a great day...but I am done with this

I agree it's not a good thing for the defense as a whole, but like I said a lot of his tackles were because of his assistance in the run game. It's not a stat you over look. If we all agree he is a very good CB, so he is not getting beat often, then having a lot of tackles in this instance IS a good thing for him.