+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Did Mike Francessa make any prediction yet for NY vs SF?

All last week, he kept on doubting the Giants and kept on saying "When the smoke clears, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will be left standing and will move on.".... And of course when the Giants won, Francessa went into Francessa mode to protect his pick and kind of downplayed the Giants win with his "Rodgers was off, too much time off for Packers, WRs dropped passes, who cares about the bad calls against the Giants, etc."

I wonder what his pick will be for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked the 49ers.

Re: Did Mike Francessa make any prediction yet for NY vs SF?

I heard him pick the 9ers yesterday. I can't stand his arrogance with callers.

All-Pro

i've listened to the guy since the mid 90s, but he really made me sick the other day not even knowing that the call on the field on the fumble play was changed well after the play had ended

then probably feeling foolish he tried to downplay the significance of a call on the field ... seriously ... how often do we hear the indusputable video evidence crap and why does Coughlin have to risk a challenge on a play that originally was ruled correctly for the Giants

finally, if the call on the field remained fumble ... either the Pack would not have challenged since it was soooo obviously a fumble or Leavy would not have been able to justify reversing the call

anyway, we've been down the road already ...

Veteran

He said that he wouldn't be surprised if anyof the 4 teams won the superbowl

Some of what Francessca says makes sense, but his demeanor with the callers is really appalling.

First, if the caller is disagreeing with him on something, he will immediately cut off the caller, and go on as if he made some point that the caller couldn't respond to. Meanwhile, it's only b/c he cut the guy off.

And alot of times he cuts off callers before they even finish they're question and dismisses them.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="BigBlue D"]
    I heard him pick the 9ers yesterday. I can't stand his arrogance with callers.

[/quote]

I knew it. He has been going on and on with the great 49ers defense and even Kim Jones is babbling about the 49ers defense. He is definitely arrogant and thinks he knows it all. He was ripping callers because giant fans had an issue with those 2 bogus Packers calls (jennings fumble and osi flag).... "Who cares about the bad calls because the Giants still won?"... "If the calls went the Giants way, nobody would be complaining."..... Fans want the correct calls and he doesn't understand that.

If the Giants should get by the 49ers and Pats beat Ravens, I wonder who Francessa would pick? He went on and on with the Packers, on and on with the 49ers and will be on and on with the Patriots (if they were to meet).

I've had my fill of Mike. He's a total egomaniac, constantly talks over, interrupts, or just hangs up on callers. He's more of a Parcells lover than a Giant fan, although I think he'd rather be talking Yankees or horseracing, anyway. The Jets have plenty of Rah-Rah guys on WFAN. Who cares if I want a blatantly Pro-Giant broadcaster? They are the NEW YORK Giants, so you'd imagine there'd be one homer broadcaster...

Oh well, at least it's better on SiriusXM NFL 88...I like listening to Bob Papa on there.

Can only take so much Francessa.

[quote user="G-Man67"]i've listened to the guy since the mid 90s, but he really made me sick the other day not even knowing that the call on the field on the fumble play was changed well after the play had ended

then probably feeling foolish he tried to downplay the significance of a call on the field ... seriously ... how often do we hear the indusputable video evidence crap and why does Coughlin have to risk a challenge on a play that originally was ruled correctly for the Giants

finally, if the call on the field remained fumble ... either the Pack would not have challenged since it was soooo obviously a fumble or Leavy would not have been able to justify reversing the call

anyway, we've been down the road already ...[/quote]

Yea. I heard that. He said the officials ruled the jennings play a fumble and he didn't realize that the officials changed it to down. When he finally realized that Coughlin had to challenge it, he said "It doesn't matter what the officials called it. The ref got the call wrong after looking at the replay."

[quote user="bflo23"]All last week, he kept on doubting the Giants and kept on saying "When the smoke clears, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will be left standing and will move on.".... And of course when the Giants won, Francessa went into Francessa mode to protect his pick and kind of downplayed the Giants win with his "Rodgers was off, too much time off for Packers, WRs dropped passes, who cares about the bad calls against the Giants, etc."

I wonder what his pick will be for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked the 49ers.

[/quote]

So in your mind, he's a baffoon because he picked a 15-1 team vs. a 10-7 team at home.

He is certainly a dope, but not because he picked the Packers.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="SIMMS5611"]

Oh well, at least it's better on SiriusXM NFL 88...I like listening to Bob Papa on there.

Can only take so much Francessa.

[/quote]

I'm jealous, I need to get serious about Sirius. All I hear are good things.