+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Interesting quote by Patrick Willis on Eli

Willis said when he got on the team with Eli in his freshman year that he thought Eli was the best QB he had seen.

Reporter asked: why did he think Eli was the best qb that he has seen?

Willis Said : Because he was WINNING games!

That says it all.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Interesting quote by Patrick Willis on Eli

And that's what matters.
    I want a quarterback who wins games.
    And we have one -sheds tear-

Let's go.

[quote user="Rudyy"]And that's what matters.
    I want a quarterback who wins games.
    And we have one -sheds tear-[/quote]

Beautiful sentiments my friend

Veteran

I'm a big Willis fan, especially after hearing his back story.

Like every other team in the league I'd love to see him in our uniform.

Now he has a QB that doesn't turn the ball over much..... according to 49er fans.

Veteran

[quote user="bflo23"]Now he has a QB that doesn't turn the ball over much..... according to 49er fans.
    [/quote]

5 interceptions confirms what they say

[quote user="Pakman"][quote user="bflo23"]Now he has a QB that doesn't turn the ball over much..... according to 49er fans.
    [/quote]

5 interceptions confirms what they say[/quote]

and not the 60+ints compared to -60 tds?

u do know he has a worse td to int ratio even after only throwing 5 picks this year...

guys had a cinderella season...the clock strikes midnight early sunday night san frannie time...

Starter

pretty much. i've watched a few 9ers games this year and although he is obviously talented he is a system QB. harbaugh is making it as easy as possible on him. all short, quick throws. another thing i noticed is he never reads the defense and never adjusts to blitzes. several times on 3rd down the saints showed blitz and smith dropped back and was sacked immediately.

in comparison to eli who reads the defense on practically every single play and points out adjustments to the oline and receivers based on what he thinks the D will do.

that is one big advantage i think we have in this game, a much better QB in general but especially in the sense of checking into the right play, or simply knowing a blitz is coming and being ready to get the ball out quick.

Bench Player

We picked around 20th that year. As a matter of fact I'm almost positive we picked 20th (Aaron Ross).

I remember in the months leading up to the draft Patrick Willis was expected to go somewhere around 20. As the draft approached his stock kept rising way out of reach of where we were picking. I still wanted to trade up for him if he wasn't taken in the top 10. I cant ever remember wanting to draft a player as bad as I wanted Willis. Oh well.

I actually did a few 32 person mock drafts where each person drafts for the team they're a fan of and twice I got Willis at 20. Would've been cool if that happened in real life lol. Love that guy

Bench Player

"and not the 60+ints compared to -60 tds?

u do know he has a worse td to int ratio even after only throwing 5 picks this year...

guys had a cinderella season...the clock strikes midnight early sunday night san frannie time...

"

No he doesn't. He has a career 68 TDs to 58 INTs in the regular season. Pretty bad for sure, but he has time to make it up.

In any event, the 49ers really respect Eli Manning, as do I. Alex Smith at his press pass today said he was really tough, saying Eli had to go through a lot being the little brother to arguably the best QB in the game and having to go to a big city like NY.