+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REVENGE

REVENGE

Ok, so this will be under the premise that we win in SF, which is absolutely NOT a given. But this thread would not work after the game.
    So, would you prefer a Pats/Giants rematch, or a Ravens/Giants rematch?
    I think I'd prefer to face the Ravens. We've beaten the Pats in the SB and once this year. The Ravens EMBARRASSED us in 2000. I'd LOVE to repay the favor, and this Offence can produce, even against their strong defense.
    Which rematch would you prefer?

Re: REVENGE

In this completely hypothetical situation, I would want the Ravens as well, for the same reasons you expressed. I remember that Super Bowl like it was yesterday.

I want the Ravens, mostly because I am more scared of the Patriots.... I KNOW I KNOW, we beat them in the season..

But for some reason, after beating them in 07 and beating them this season, I feel like they can win this game.

I know law of averages isn't real, but I have that feeling.

At first I wanted a Giants/Patriots rematch..but then I figured it would be so annoying because of the 2008 super bowl references over and over and over. I have a feeling Brady would be pissed and come out swinging like he did with the Broncos.

Ravens for me. Pats are done and out with the trash as far as I am concerned. The proverbial fork has done been stuck in them as far as My Gmen go.

agreed for revenge with the ravens. Although Ed Reed has a knack of shutting out those long balls. Either way I am anxious about our football game against the 49ers. Whoever comes in our way (pats/ravens/49ers)....let's stomp them out!

IF we can pull it out on sunday, I would rather face the Ravens just to make up for that 2000 SB thrashing. Also, I always root for seeing different teams in the SB and am tired of the Pats being there so much.

Getting revenge on the Ravens for 2000 would heal a forgotten wound in the franchise although none of the players or coaches remain from that team.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]Ok, so this will be under the premise that we win in SF, which is absolutely NOT a given. But this thread would not work after the game. So, would you prefer a Pats/Giants rematch, or a Ravens/Giants rematch? I think I'd prefer to face the Ravens. We've beaten the Pats in the SB and once this year. The Ravens EMBARRASSED us in 2000. I'd LOVE to repay the favor, and this Offence can produce, even against their strong defense. Which rematch would you prefer?[/quote]Based on the strength of the matchup, I'd prefer the Ravens. They would be a big challenge but I think the Pats are better overall and have a HOF quarterback which always counts for alot.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

IF we can pull it out on sunday, I would rather face the Ravens just to make up for that 2000 SB thrashing. Also, I always root for seeing different teams in the SB and am tired of the Pats being there so much.

Getting revenge on the Ravens for 2000 would heal a forgotten wound in the franchise although none of the players or coaches remain from that team.

[/quote]

I bet Toomer and Strahan would be up for some pregame speeches if we end up against the Ravens... They both made it clear during our 07 run that they remember the loss well.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]Ok, so this will be under the premise that we win in SF, which is absolutely NOT a given. But this thread would not work after the game.
    So, would you prefer a Pats/Giants rematch, or a Ravens/Giants rematch?
    I think I'd prefer to face the Ravens. We've beaten the Pats in the SB and once this year. The Ravens EMBARRASSED us in 2000. I'd LOVE to repay the favor, and this Offence can produce, even against their strong defense.
    Which rematch would you prefer?[/quote]

Pats/Giants rematch would be sweeter but more difficult. I can't stand the Patriots at all because of spygate cheating, Brady and Belicheck so a win again against them would be much sweeter. Giants would be destroying Brady and Belicheck's mystique as it already has taken a hit. Tougher road but a sweeter win.

Pats/Giants rematch would be getting revenge and be somewhat easier I believe. I don't have hatred that I have for the Cowboys and Patriots though. Easier road.