+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Be prepared for a trick play

Harbaugh is sneaky, last game he threw in an on sides kick on us and I guarantee he has something up his sleeve for this game. Fake punt, Field goal etc... On the other side do you think we can run a trick play just once this year, something to throw them off, a flea flicker, end around, double reverse, we really need to out coach them and take them by surprise.

Re: Be prepared for a trick play

I keep wondering if that fake punt we saw in the pre-season is going to show up somewhere....

We don't run gimmick trick plays we hit people in the mouth ask Green Bay...

Understood, really I am more concerned about preventing them from being run on us.

Trick plays aren't really Coughlin's style. He's fairly conservative when it comes to special teams. It's not the job of special teams to win the game, only to not lose it.

I have a feeling Harbaugh will have a lot of trick plays and misdirection plays.

They are going to have to bring it all. Hold nothing back. Harbaugh knows this. He has a lot of tricks up his sleeve.

But knowing Coughlin, he will have the team ready for this. I am sure its being preached this week at practice.

[quote user="ebick"]I keep wondering if that fake punt we saw in the pre-season is going to show up somewhere....[/quote]

Would be cool to see it especially with the same result.

[quote user="ebick"]I keep wondering if that fake punt we saw in the pre-season is going to show up somewhere....[/quote]

It'd be given up in a second at this point, considering Scott is never out there at that position, at least that I've seen. Unless they ran it with someone else but it'd be unwise without his kind of speed or close to it, which we don't have outside of maybe Cruz (in the close to category)

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Harbaugh is sneaky, last game he threw in an on sides kick on us and I guarantee he has something up his sleeve for this game. Fake punt, Field goal etc... On the other side do you think we can run a trick play just once this year, something to throw them off, a flea flicker, end around, double reverse, we really need to out coach them and take them by surprise.
    [/quote]forget about the reverse! their defense is way to fast. Flea flicker im down with. My opinion is to protect Eli and have him shred the secondary and use playaction

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Harbaugh is sneaky, last game he threw in an on sides kick on us and I guarantee he has something up his sleeve for this game. Fake punt, Field goal etc... On the other side do you think we can run a trick play just once this year, something to throw them off, a flea flicker, end around, double reverse, we really need to out coach them and take them by surprise.
    [/quote]

When trick plays go bad, they can go horribly bad. I hope we can gain the advantage without digging too far into the bag of tricks - but I'd be as happy as the next guy if TC called one and our guys were successful with it.

I do expect that Harbaugh will try one or two - and I hope it's because he's desperate!