+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Referees

NFL Referees

I hope this game Sunday is judged fairly and not lopsided like the GB game. Even one can argue the calls were lopsided in the Atlanta playoff win.

What scares me the most, mostly every media outlet would love to see a Harbaugh bowl. I hope this doesn't have any influence come Sunday.

I personally believe you let the players decide the outcome, but after watching the refs debacle in GB game anything possible. Go Giants!!

Re: NFL Referees

how the NFL does not have professional referees is beyond me!!

I agree that the media would love to see a Harbaugh Bowl, but I think they would be just as happy with a Brady-Manning rematch. How the game is ref'd will be dependent on the outcome of the Pats-Ravens game played before the Giants-9ers...

[quote user="yoeddy"]I agree that the media would love to see a Harbaugh Bowl, but I think they would be just as happy with a Brady-Manning rematch. How the game is ref'd will be dependent on the outcome of the Pats-Ravens game played before the Giants-9ers...[/quote]I agree 100% and as I said elsewhere, if the Ravens win, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers get favorable calls. If the Pats win, we'll probably get the refs on our side.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="yoeddy"]I agree that the media would love to see a Harbaugh Bowl, but I think they would be just as happy with a Brady-Manning rematch. How the game is ref'd will be dependent on the outcome of the Pats-Ravens game played before the Giants-9ers...[/quote]I agree 100% and as I said elsewhere, if the Ravens win, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers get favorable calls. If the Pats win, we'll probably get the refs on our side.[/quote]

I'm highly skeptical that the media will have the NFL pressure the refs to influence the game. I just don't think the refs are biased. Bad calls are just bad calls. Sometimes they break for us, sometimes against us.
    That being said, I'm sure the media will root for the Giants if the Patriots win and the 49ers if the Ravens win. Giants-Ravens is the least marketable match-up, followed by Patriots-49ers.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="yoeddy"]I agree that the media would love to see a Harbaugh Bowl, but I think they would be just as happy with a Brady-Manning rematch. How the game is ref'd will be dependent on the outcome of the Pats-Ravens game played before the Giants-9ers...[/quote]I agree 100% and as I said elsewhere, if the Ravens win, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers get favorable calls. If the Pats win, we'll probably get the refs on our side.[/quote]I don't believe there is any conspiracy. I do believe that we (fans of the NFL)are simply the victims of rank incompetance on the part of the officials and indifference from the commissioner. It gets to the credibility of the sport and will hurt it badly over time if it isn't fixed.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="yoeddy"]I agree that the media would love to see a Harbaugh Bowl, but I think they would be just as happy with a Brady-Manning rematch. How the game is ref'd will be dependent on the outcome of the Pats-Ravens game played before the Giants-9ers...[/quote]I agree 100% and as I said elsewhere, if the Ravens win, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers get favorable calls. If the Pats win, we'll probably get the refs on our side.[/quote]I don't believe there is any conspiracy. I do believe that we (fans of the NFL)*are simply the victims of rank incompetance on the part of the officials and indifference from the commissioner. It gets to the credibility of the sport and will hurt it badly over time if it isn't fixed.[/quote]I'm not 100% sold on a conspiracy at this point but after how the Packers received so many favorable calls and the Saints didn't get ANY penalties in their game against the 49ers, I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL wants to see certain games over others for the ratings and storylines. Afterall, SF vs. BAL or NYG vs. NE would sell better than SF vs. NE or NYG vs. BAL.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="yoeddy"]I agree that the media would love to see a Harbaugh Bowl, but I think they would be just as happy with a Brady-Manning rematch. How the game is ref'd will be dependent on the outcome of the Pats-Ravens game played before the Giants-9ers...[/quote]I agree 100% and as I said elsewhere, if the Ravens win, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers get favorable calls. If the Pats win, we'll probably get the refs on our side.[/quote]I don't believe there is any conspiracy. I do believe that we (fans of the NFL)*are simply the victims of rank incompetance on the part of the officials and indifference from the commissioner. It gets to the credibility of the sport and will hurt it badly over time if it isn't fixed.[/quote]I'm not 100% sold on a conspiracy at this point but after how the Packers received so many favorable calls and the Saints didn't get ANY penalties in their game against the 49ers, I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL wants to see certain games over others for the ratings and storylines. Afterall, SF vs. BAL or NYG vs. NE would sell better than SF vs. NE or NYG vs. BAL.

It is quite real that once you have big money involved people can be swayed and get away with it by the simple statement, it's a judgment call to cover it all up.

There is a serious problem in the system set up for the Refs and until they are held accountable for their actions when they make a mistake, they will just ride the gravy train and report after the game that opps, it was a judgement call, made a mistake, sorry.

Pitiful System.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Veteran

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

It is quite real that once you have big money involved people can be swayed and get away with it by the simple statement, it's a judgment call to cover it all up.

There is a serious problem in the system set up for the Refs and until they are held accountable for their actions when they make a mistake, they will just ride the gravy train and report after the game that opps, it was a judgement call, made a mistake, sorry.

Pitiful System.

[/quote]

It wouldn't cost much to rig every NFL field with a ton of cameras to ensure the calls are made properly.

They should assign a full-time camera referee too......for the life of me I don't understand why the referee needs to schlep 50 yards back and forth every time there is a replay.