+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Baseball/Football card collectors? Share some of your great collections

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/...otball%20Cards Some of my football cards.

I'll have to go through more and actually label them. Right now, I'd have to say, so far my Pete Rose autographed, 5 of 10 with game worn jersey, is the most expensive card I have now.

I'll also be taking pictures of all the comics I have (yes, I have Marvel trading cards too that are worth a lot, haha).

Re: Baseball/Football card collectors? Share some of your great collections

Damn it, the board doesn't even resize the damn thing.

Oh, and then there was this card

Haven't screwed with buying packs of cards since I was a kid.....but I do have quite the collection of high end psa graded vintage baseball & football cards...

[quote user="myles2424"]Haven't screwed with buying packs of cards since I was a kid.....but I do have quite the collection of high end psa graded vintage baseball & football cards...[/quote]Post'em up bro. I can't even figure out how much that Pete Rose card costs..I think I'd havve to get an estimate.

[quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"][quote user="myles2424"]Haven't screwed with buying packs of cards since I was a kid.....but I do have quite the collection of high end psa graded vintage baseball & football cards...[/quote]Post'em up bro. I can't even figure out how much that Pete Rose card costs..I think I'd havve to get an estimate.
    [/quote]I would put a rough estimate of $250 on the Pete Rose Card..I have been collecting all sorts of things for over 40 years now. I have a pretty extensive collection. Vintage and rookie cards is where its at...Nice stuff guys...Good luck tomorrow.

[quote user="patsrule666"][quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"][quote user="myles2424"]Haven't screwed with buying packs of cards since I was a kid.....but I do have quite the collection of high end psa graded vintage baseball & football cards...[/quote]Post'em up bro. I can't even figure out how much that Pete Rose card costs..I think I'd havve to get an estimate.
    [/quote]I would put a rough estimate of $250 on the Pete Rose Card..I have been collecting all sorts of things for over 40 years now. I have a pretty extensive collection. Vintage and rookie cards is where its at...Nice stuff guys...Good luck tomorrow.[/quote]</P>

without the swatch, they go for as little as $50 or as much as: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Pete-Ro...67242994042476</P>

i doubt the card will sell for that $499 in this market. i personally place no value whatsoever on autographs that are placed on stickers and then the stickers are placed on the cards. the player gets mailed a sheet(s) they sign all the little stickers and send it back, i would imagine that an authenticator/agent may be present when they're being autographed.</P>

[quote user="mr.hiroki"]

[quote user="patsrule666"][quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"][quote user="myles2424"]Haven't screwed with buying packs of cards since I was a kid.....but I do have quite the collection of high end psa graded vintage baseball & football cards...[/quote]Post'em up bro. I can't even figure out how much that Pete Rose card costs..I think I'd havve to get an estimate.
    [/quote]I would put a rough estimate of $250 on the Pete Rose Card..I have been collecting all sorts of things for over 40 years now. I have a pretty extensive collection. Vintage and rookie cards is where its at...Nice stuff guys...Good luck tomorrow.[/quote]</P>

without the swatch, they go for as little as $50 or as much as: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Pete-Ro...67242994042476</P>

i doubt the card will sell for that $499 in this market. i personally place no value whatsoever on autographs that are placed on stickers and then the stickers are placed on the cards. the player gets mailed a sheet(s) they sign all the little stickers and send it back, i would imagine that an authenticator/agent may be present when they're being autographed.</P>[/quote]The rough estimate was my guess as to what the ungraded version may be valued at in the Beckett Price Guide. There is one numbered out of /75 from the same set that lists for $150...Cards numbered under /25 are not listed so you kind of have to wing it there..Your right though, a card is really only worth what someone is ultimately willing to pay for it..I have been doing on card through the mail autos for years..I also have been studying and authenticating my own stuff since the 70's...Just got a nice Peyton Manning back in the mail a few days ago..If i have time at some point in the future, i will post some pics of a few...

Veteran

While not a "typical" football card. My wifes Grandfather knew Vince Lambardi and was at his funeral . I have the Mass card from his funeral .

[quote user="shockeyg"]While not a "typical" football card. My wifes Grandfather knew Vince Lambardi and was at his funeral . I have the Mass card from his funeral .[/quote]Wow, that's really cool. Did he ever tell you stories about him personally?

My mother and her sister met a lot of the Yankees in the 60's when they'd go to games. They'd either talk to you at the game, or they'd run into them in the parking lot.

Things were so laid back then, now you can't even watch the Yankees enter or exit the stadium anymore because of jack asses.