+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The way I see it....................

Just a few short weeks ago I counted this team out. I also called for the firing of it's coaching staff. Who could blame me? This team was spiraling and it had become a pattern.The last time I felt this way, I called out Eli for his terrible performance against the Vikings in 2007. Then something changed.....

.....and something is very different about this team now as well.. Eli was forced to carry this team from the start of the season and the experience he has gained from this has transformed him. He matured......He is elite and he'splaying like it.

......but that's not the only thing. The defense has an identity now.It has swagger.Our pass rush is scary good again, and it's making our secondary look lights out. 3 key players returning to the defense was the thing that got this jump started: Osi, Boley and Blackburn.

The Giants are the most balanced team left in the playoffs and they are peaking at exactly the right time....so here is what I think will happen:

As long as we bring the same intensity we have been playing with...we continue to steamroll over the competition. SF has not played THIS Giants defense and we are going to shut down the run andforce Smith to throw it. He threw it well against asoft NO defense...he won't do so well against NY and that pass rush. Smith is going to get hit A LOT.

NO turned the ball over 5 times and STILL racked up over 400 passing yards and hung 32 points on that defense.We have too much talentto cover. Eli is going to sling it against them and it will open up the running game later. The keys here will be hanging onto the ball and protecting Eli. If we do those 2 things....it's a blowout.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Re: The way I see it....................

I'll take it!!!!

Love your thinking... still.. SF scares the bejesus out of me.

Scoops

Veteran

If this team finishes strong. Next year if we are going through the same thing..people will bring back "Fire Coughlin"

Trust me

Bench Player

The Saints fans were thinking the same thing last week, believing they'll blow out the 49ers easily by 3 or more TD's

Veteran

I agree about the 49ers giving up 32 points.

The playoffs and regular season are two very different types of football. Both the 49ers and Giants played two of the top offenses in the nfl.

Giants gave up 20 points, 14 of which came from lousy calls. This D is playing outstanding right now and if they keep it up and Eli keeps it going I really like their chances.

Bench Player

To say the 49ers will get blown away is laughable. Get this fact straight, the 49ers only largest margin of defeat was 10 points only to the Ravens. Blow out will not happen, wake up from your dreams.

[quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]To say the 49ers will get blown away is laughable. Get this fact straight, the 49ers only largest margin of defeat was 10 points only to the Ravens. Blow out will not happen, wake up from your dreams.
    [/quote]

See you soon!!!

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Starter

[quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]The Saints fans were thinking the same thing last week, believing they'll blow out the 49ers easily by 3 or more TD's
    [/quote]they probably would have if they didn't turn the ball over 10 times.

i just remember the 9ers punting the ball back over and over and letting the saints back in the game. not a good look.

[quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]To say the 49ers will get blown away is laughable.* Get this fact straight, the 49ers only largest margin of defeat was 10 points only to the Ravens.* Blow out will not happen, wake up from your dreams.
    [/quote]The Falcons 24-2

Green Bay 37-6... I mean 37-20 thanks to the refs

If the Niners score more than 14 I will give your team props but our D is playing at the top of their game. I'm predicting a 24-10 type of game. Go Blue!