+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FYI 49ers are 16th in the league vs the pass & we ran well on them last time.

They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

Alex Smith = Game manager at best (had 2nd least amount of passing attempts in the NFL right behind 2nd year Tebow (Broncos))

If the saints had some semblance of defense they would have lost.

Seriously their defense gets the offense 4 turnovers before half and Alex put up 17 points, with some very short fields to boot.

Just like vs GB we hadn't had some key players. Might not be as close as people may think. Unless we are playing in torrential rain. And now they are saying its starting too look good.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Bench Player

Re: FYI 49ers are 16th in the league vs the pass & we ran well on them last time.

[quote user="DragonSoul"]They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

Alex Smith = Game manager at best (had 2nd least amount of passing attempts in the NFL right behind 2nd year Tebow (Broncos))

Seriously their defense gets the offense 4 turnovers before half and Alex put up 17 points, with some very short fields to boot.

Just like vs GB we hadn't had some key players. Might not be as close as people may think. Unless we are playing in torrential rain. And now they are saying its starting too look good.[/quote]

49ers are 16th in pass defence in yards allowed, but are first in points allowed. When opposing offences get inside the 20 they kick field goals...

Re: FYI 49ers are 16th in the league vs the pass & we ran well on them last time.

[quote user="DragonSoul"]They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

Just like vs GB we hadn't had some key players. Might not be as close as people may think. Unless we are playing in torrential rain. And now they are saying its starting too look good.[/quote]

Our D and O are both much improved from the first meeting IMO...

The Giants aren't the only team who have done some growing.

We are also 16th in the league vs the pass because teams can't run on us. So most end up going to the air a majority of the time.

Veteran

[quote user="Fastphilly"][quote user="DragonSoul"]They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

49ers are 16th in pass defence in yards allowed, but are first in points allowed. When opposing offences get inside the 20 they kick field goals...[/quote]

DAMN IT!

I hate this ..can Sunday just be here already!

[quote user="JayDAche"][quote user="DragonSoul"]They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

We are also 16th in the league vs the pass because teams can't run on us. So most end up going to the air a majority of the time.[/quote]Some of that is true, but we have passed for over 300 yards, 2 TDs, and ran for 93 yards w/o Bradshaw.

We were ahead till we lost bole, and right after we lost him, you guys attacked his rookie replacement (who hasn't played much since then) for a huge TD and lead. We have Boley back and a different Rookie lb who is better/faster and now more experienced. We also had Manningham drop a ball 4 a TD.

We shall see, but it should be fun.

Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="JayDAche"][quote user="DragonSoul"]They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

We are also 16th in the league vs the pass because teams can't run on us. So most end up going to the air a majority of the time.[/quote]

Good thing the Giants can score from the 40 or 50 or the other 40, etc.

[quote user="scf424"][quote user="JayDAche"][quote user="DragonSoul"]They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

We are also 16th in the league vs the pass because teams can't run on us. So most end up going to the air a majority of the time.[/quote]

Good thing the Giants can score from the 40 or 50 or the other 40, etc.[/quote]

Did you quote the right person?..

Because if you are posting this to me I'm not sure of it's relevance to what I said.

[quote user="JayDAche"][quote user="scf424"][quote user="JayDAche"][quote user="DragonSoul"]They may play hard, and fast. But they are not lights out. And it plays to our strengths.

Good thing the Giants can score from the 40 or 50 or the other 40, etc.[/quote]

Did you quote the right person?..

Because if you are posting this to me I'm not sure of it's relevance to what I said.[/quote]

Yea I meant to quote Fastphilly but I had a brainfart and it wouldn't let me delete it.

Here is their schedule.

Seattle - Division game
    Cowboys - The Tony Choke game
    Bengals - Playoff team won 13-8 (talk about a sleeper)
    Eagles - The Vick Choke game
    Tampa Bay - Need I say more
    Lions - Did not beat a team w/a winning record
    Browns - Need I say more?
    Skins - No Comment
    NYG - We know what happened
    Cards - Need I say more
    Balt - They lost - Playoff team - Real defense
    Rams - Need I say more?
    Cards - Repeat
    Pitt - They beat 20-3
    Seattle - Repeat
    Rams - Repeat

Playoffs - Saints - Great win, but no defense.

So they beat 4 Winning teams. Bengals, Pitt, Lions and Saints in the playoffs.

12-4 - Balt
    12-4 - Pitt
    9-7 - Giants
    9-7 - Bengals
    8-8 - Eagles
    8-8 - Cowboys
    5-11 - Skins
    8-8 x 2 - Cards
    7-9 x 2 - Seattle
    2-14 x 2 - Rams
    4-12 - Browns
    10-6 - Lions
    4-12 - Tampa Bay
    13-3 NO

W/L record of team -
    W = 136 and Loss = 132
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Bench Player

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Pitt - They lost to another playoff team
    [/quote]

We beat Pitt