+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Irish Giants fan travelling over 5,000 miles for the game and ticketless

Hi All

If this is the incorrect place to post this in the forums, please feel to remove it.

As the subject states, I am a huge G-men fan in my 20s from Dublin, Ireland travelling to San Francisco for the weekend for the game.

My first concern is going ticketless as I have never done this to a sporting event before,

My primary concern is the hostility and aggression that will be shown to me if I am by myself at the game in my Giants shirt. I have been to soccer matches all over Europe and to a number college and NFL games in America but have always been with someone from the home team.

My plan for this game was to get a ticket from a scalper on the day and go by myself. After reading about the treatment of Saints fans at the game, I'm having second thoughts about this.

Is there a group of Giants fans going together that might have a spare ticket that I could purchase?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Shane

Re: Irish Giants fan travelling over 5,000 miles for the game and ticketless

[quote user="IrishGiant84"]Hi All

If this is the incorrect place to post this in the forums, please feel to remove it.

As the subject states, I am a huge G-men fan in my 20s from Dublin, Ireland travelling to San Francisco for the weekend for the game.

My first concern is going ticketless as I have never done this to a sporting event before,

My primary concern is the hostility and aggression that will be shown to me if I am by myself at the game in my Giants shirt. I have been to soccer matches all over Europe and to a number college and NFL games in America but have always been with someone from the home team.

My plan for this game was to get a ticket from a scalper on the day and go by myself. After reading about the treatment of Saints fans at the game, I'm having second thoughts about this.

Is there a group of Giants fans going together that might have a spare ticket that I could purchase?

Thank you

Shane[/quote]
    Awesome! Wear the Giants shirt, but be weary. Seems like the 49er fans take their thuggery into the stadium with them. And please post here after the game to let us know how your experience was.

having done it 5 times ....my only advice is GET YOUR TICKET BEFORE YOU FLY

Also , dont go alone to away games ........no problem with home games . make sure you go with some Giants fans who you know (or have some aquaintance with )

Good luck ...i wish i could go ....but i went to the Atlanta game on 8 Jan and im skint now

regards
    UK
    Non Omnis Moriar

I would get a ticket off stubhub. I read online someone was arrested for selling counterfeit tickets at the Saints/49ers game.

Everything I've heard about the people/atmosphere at Candlestick has been terrible. Thugs, degenerates, bandwagon fans. I wouldn't feel comfortable going alone unless you have very thick skin and take these animals getting within 1 inch of your face & not knocking someones teeth out

[quote user="Sheli4life"][quote user="IrishGiant84"]Hi All If this is the incorrect place to post this in the forums, please feel to remove it. As the subject states, I am a huge G-men fan in my 20s from Dublin, Ireland travelling to San Francisco for the weekend for the game. My first concern is going ticketless as I have never done this to a sporting event before, My primary concern is the hostility and aggression that will be shown to me if I am by myself at the game in my Giants shirt. I have been to soccer matches all over Europe and to a number college and NFL games in America but have always been with someone from the home team. My plan for this game was to get a ticket from a scalper on the day and go by myself. After reading about the treatment of Saints fans at the game, I'm having second thoughts about this. Is there a group of Giants fans going together that might have a spare ticket that I could purchase? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you Shane[/quote]

Wow what a bummer. Why would you waste your money to see the giants run into a brick wall?

[/quote]DO NOT COME IN HERE AND TALK SMACK TO ONE OF OUR NY GIANTS MEMBERS WHO ARE ASKING A LEGIT QUESTION SHELIGIRL4LIFE!!! TAKE YOUR BUTT TO THE SMACK TALK FORUM FOR THAT!! Sorry Irishgiant84 about this troll, I wish i could hang with you at the game!! Good Luck on your search!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Bench Player

try ticketexchange got mine from them ,
    I will be at the game too hope to see a lot of Giant Fans out there....
    Go Blue!

[quote user="Sheli4life"][quote user="IrishGiant84"]Hi All

Thank you

Shane[/quote]

Wow what a bummer.* Why would you waste your money to see the giants run into a brick wall?

On second thought it probably will be pretty entertaining!
    [/quote]

Wear the Jersey proudly. Be aware though San Fransico fans are low life thugs, and do not represent the NFL's best in any way. Hope you have a good time. Go Giants!!!

i was thinking of just going to Aces Bar in San Francisco, which is the NY Giants bar in the city.

Possibly meeting up with some fellow fans there in the hope of one of them having a spare ticket.

The more I read up on Candelstick, the more worried I am about going alone

Being an Irishman you're tougher than the average fan. I wouldnt worry about the 'thuggery' that goes on in the 9ers preseason games. Those guys are either locked up by now and/or cant afford the $300 playoff tickets.

Im sure there will be tons of people smack talking but you'll be fine. My buddy who is a HUGE Giants fan makes the trip up from San Diego every time we play them and he's NEVER had an issue with their fans
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Bench Player

We'll be staying in the downtown area, 7 total, wish i had an extra ticket to sell ya...