+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

Re: According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

[quote user="Sundown"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]Irvin is an all-time great. A hell of a player, a Cowboy legend but one thing's for sure...the next 88 isn't even a Cowboy.

Hakeem the Dream will soon make believers out of the naysayers and will open the eyes of those who still don't know.

End of story.
    [/quote]

Nicks is very good. Comparing he and Bryant may not last too much longer. Nicks is fielding what I think is close to his ceiling for potential, whereas Bryant is nowhere near it.

There are indications that Dez doesn't know the playbook. Bryant's football IQ and injuries may keep him from reaching full potential. He's good enough to get by on skill alone but he could be so much better.
    [/quote]

Your really think Nicks is getting close to his ceiling!? Nicks had almost a 1000yd season his rookie year and thats missing games. It takes 3rd year W/O to get that achievement. He's starting his 3rd year and he's 7th in the league in yds. I don't think he's close to his potential yet.

Dez has the talent in the world but i don't think he'll ever maximize it. He's too boneheaded and a result he'll never reach his ceiling. Nicks will have a better career than Dez[/quote]

Nicks will have a better career than Dez also because he has an ELIte Quarterback whereas Dez has a choke artist as a QB lol...

(partial sarcasm)

[quote user="Sundown"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]Irvin is an all-time great. A hell of a player, a Cowboy legend but one thing's for sure...the next 88 isn't even a Cowboy.

Hakeem the Dream will soon make believers out of the naysayers and will open the eyes of those who still don't know.

End of story.
    [/quote]

Nicks is very good. Comparing he and Bryant may not last too much longer. Nicks is fielding what I think is close to his ceiling for potential, whereas Bryant is nowhere near it.

There are indications that Dez doesn't know the playbook. Bryant's football IQ and injuries may keep him from reaching full potential. He's good enough to get by on skill alone but he could be so much better.
    [/quote]

Your really think Nicks is getting close to his ceiling!? Nicks had almost a 1000yd season his rookie year and thats missing games. It takes 3rd year W/O to get that achievement. He's starting his 3rd year and he's 7th in the league in yds. I don't think he's close to his potential yet.

Dez has the talent in the world but i don't think he'll ever maximize it. He's too boneheaded and a result he'll never reach his ceiling. Nicks will have a better career than Dez[/quote]

Nicks has 500 yards through 6 games-- I'd say that's pretty close to as good as he'll get. His first season in the league he was a natural, but a lot of the situations he played in were where the game was already decided (like New Orleans). Not that he's topping out and going to decline from here on out. But I don't think he'll get much more production than he's got now. He'll improve in certain areas, maybe a few less dropped passes but there's nothing I've ever seen from him where my jaw dropped like I with other top receivers like a Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald. He's got decent speed, large/quick hands and great body control. That said, the things that make him good aren't things that we'll flee his body any time soon, or perhaps ever. The way things are shaping up, he will have a better career than Dez.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]Irvin is an all-time great. A hell of a player, a Cowboy legend but one thing's for sure...the next 88 isn't even a Cowboy.

End of story.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Well we all know the mental part is half the game. No matter how physically talented/gifted a player may be, if they lack the stuff between the ears to better themselves then its just "potential" wasted.

BTW I do agree, Dez may have a higher ceiling than Nicks based solely from an athletic standpoint but Nicks also has a ways to go before developing into the final product. Nicks is far from maximizing his potential. Trust me on that.

And lets not act like Nicks is a slouch athletically. Dez had a higher vert by only 2 inches and Nicks has shown to be plenty fast with pads on.

Both are physical. Both are talented. But Nicks has the clear edge until Dez proves me otherwise.

Veteran

Further proof that Dez's mother smoked crack while he was in the womb.

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]

Well we all know the mental part is half the game. No matter how physically talented/gifted a player may be, if they lack the stuff between the ears to better themselves then its just "potential" wasted.

BTW I do agree, Dez may have a higher ceiling than Nicks based solely from an athletic standpoint but Nicks also has a ways to go before developing into the final product. Nicks is far from maximizing his potential. Trust me on that.

And lets not act like Nicks is a slouch athletically. Dez had a higher vert by only 2 inches and Nicks has shown to be plenty fast with pads on.

Both are physical. Both are talented. But Nicks has the clear edge until Dez proves me otherwise.

[/quote]

I'm not saying he's a slouch. He's an athletically gifted for sure.

You've seen more giants games than I have... what exactly do you see to lead you to believe that Nicks is going to be so much better? He's already producing at high level. It's not like he makes many mistakes.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]

[/quote]

I'm not saying he's a slouch. He's an athletically gifted for sure.

You've seen more giants games than I have... what exactly do you see to lead you to believe that Nicks is going to be so much better? He's already producing at high level. It's not like he makes many mistakes.
    [/quote]

Simply based off of experience. Not too many players instantly play at their ultimate best a couple years into the league.

Most players still have some difficulty grasping the ins and outs of college-to-pros.

Nicks has already surprised a lot of us, but this is not the best Nicks we will see, especially when defenses begin to account for him on a regular basis, it'll only better his game/knowledge.

You're right, his ceiling is obviously lower than Dez because he's already been playing at a high level but what I meant to say is that he's not a finished product by any means.

As for Dez....he has scary potential. He will def get better but I don't think he'll ever reach said potential and we all know why.

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]

Simply based off of experience. Not too many players instantly play at their ultimate best a couple years into the league.

Most players still have some difficulty grasping the ins and outs of college-to-pros.

Nicks has already surprised a lot of us, but this is not the best Nicks we will see, especially when defenses begin to account for him on a regular basis, it'll only better his game/knowledge.

You're right, his ceiling is obviously lower than Dez because he's already been playing at a high level but what I meant to say is that he's not a finished product by any means.

As for Dez....he has scary potential. But I don't think he'll ever reach it and we all know why.

[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think he's by any means a polished WR yet and he'll learn a few more tricks of the trade and have a better understanding of the playbook, but at the same time he's pretty much maxing out his physical potential already. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's tremendously under talented, I think he has a really good skill set and is underrated for sure-- he's top 10, no question, maybe the best WR in our division. He and Miles are close, but nicks has got more potential than Miles. Austin just has been in the league longer and is one of the most crisp route runners in the game. Nicks will get there, but already has better skills.

As for Dez....he has scary potential. But I don't think he'll ever reach it and we all know why.

[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think he's by any means a polished WR yet and he'll learn a few more tricks of the trade and have a better understanding of the playbook, but at the same time he's pretty much maxing out his physical potential already. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's tremendously under talented, I think he has a really good skill set and is underrated for sure-- he's top 10, no question, maybe the best WR in our division. He and Miles are close, but nicks has got more potential than Miles. Austin just has been in the league longer and is one of the most crisp route runners in the game. Nicks will get there, but already has better skills.

[/quote]

I think our only disconnect is the "spectacular" factor Nicks is far from flashy when it comes to catches and that is what i love about his game. He won't have a highlight reel like Dez will but his consistancy and game is "clean". I see Nicks having a Reggie Wayne like career, while Dez could have a Megatron like career if he knew what the hell he was doing.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed

This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.

+ Reply to Thread